A Taste of History: Season 6 (2014 - 2015)
- Season 6 Episode 12: Roots of Creole Cooking in St. Lucia
The Creole influence in St. Lucia; authentic Creole cuisine.
- Season 6 Episode 11: Back to the Black Forest
Chef Staib returns to the Black Forest of Germany, where he cultivated his career; Maultaschen or Black Forest ravioli; mache salad with eggs, bacon and hazelnuts; Black Forest potato salad; Black Forest cake.
- Season 6 Episode 10: The Return of L'Hermione
The final reconstruction phase of L'Hermione; calf livers in calvados with apples; potato gratin; poached leeks in vinaigrette; dandelion salad with lardons; salad of mussels, barley, artichokes and tomatoes; floating island.
- Season 6 Episode 9: Benjamin Franklin -- at Home in London
The Benjamin Franklin House in London; Ben Franklin's recipes for lettuce and anchovy soup, stuffed lobster, venison loaf, succotash and parmesan cheesecake.
- Season 6 Episode 8: Discovering China's Past
Exotic fish market and the Forbidden City of Beijing; hotspots in Chonging, China; a classic Chinese feast of tripe, peanut and peppercorn sauce, pot stickers, Chonging-style chicken and steamed buns.
- Season 6 Episode 7: Grenada -- The Spice Island
Grenada, the home of nutmeg; local chefs make oil down and other island dishes.
- Season 6 Episode 6: Take to the Waters
Mountain trout; honey-stung Brussels sprouts; stew with braised marinated rabbit; roasted, stuffed tenderloin of venison.
- Season 6 Episode 5: General Hand, Redcoat/Patriot
Cabbage soup with meat dumplings; roasted stuffed pork stomach with pan gravy; steamed leeks with Irish bacon; Irish soda bread.
- Season 6 Episode 4: Fort Mifflin's River War
Shrimp and rutabaga fricassee; corn fritters; okra fish stew; baked fennel.
- Season 6 Episode 3: Artillery by the Book
Pease soup with pork shanks; Sally Lunn toast; Hunter's stew with rabbit, beef, turkey and pork; skillet potatoes; cannonball punch.
- Season 6 Episode 2: Winning the War With Bread
Classic turkey pot pie; gingerbread and poached pears.
- Season 6 Episode 1: Philadelphia's City Tavern
The history of Philadelphia's City Tavern; chef Staib prepares roast leg of venison, yellow beets and walnuts gratin, sage potatoes and creme brulee.
A Taste of History: Season 5 (2013)
- Season 5 Episode 13: Revolutionary Caribbean
Caribbean delights include conch chowder and codfish cakes.
- Season 5 Episode 12: Original Sushi
The origins of Japanese sushi; Kobe beef; a tour of the Imperial Palace grounds.
- Season 5 Episode 11: A Capital Design
Liver dumplings; veal tongue fricassee; sauteed heirloom carrots; chocolate mousse cake.
- Season 5 Episode 10: Under the Vine and Figtree
Calf brains with butter and capers; beef royale.
- Season 5 Episode 9: Original Americans
Cornmeal fried catfish; stuffed squash; maple baked beans; corn; cranberry pancakes.
- Season 5 Episode 8: Trekking South Africa
South African specialties featuring local game include warthog kebabs and ostrich stew.
- Season 5 Episode 7: Battle of Nassau
Boiled fish; curried lobster; johnnycake.
- Season 5 Episode 6: King of Prussia
Konigsberger klopse meatballs in caper sauce; eisbein pork shanks; apple strudel.
- Season 5 Episode 5: Chili Peppers: Fruit of New Mexico
Short ribs; red polenta; wild boar chili.
- Season 5 Episode 4: El Camino Real
Atole; blue corn porridge; elk stew.
- Season 5 Episode 3: Let Freedom Ring
Sauteed shad roe; coq au vin rouge with herb spaetzle.
- Season 5 Episode 2: Star Spangled Banner
Eel and mussel chowder; smoked pheasant en croute; roasted veal shank; bread pudding with black currants.
- Season 5 Episode 1: Engineering a Revolution
Hungarian goulash; cabbage potato stew with kielbasa; strawberry tarte.
A Taste of History: Season 4 (2012)
- Season 4 Episode 13: The First Five Presidents
A review of five presidents, the foods they loved and highlights from their lives.Tomorrow at 1:30pm EDT - RLTV
- Season 4 Episode 12: Blue Mountain Coffee
A coffee plantation on Jamaica's Blue Mountains; British plantation brunch.Tomorrow at 1:00pm EDT - RLTV
- Season 4 Episode 11: Pirates Get Their Due
Port Royal, Jamaica's, underwater city; cooking on the Rio Grande River.
- Season 4 Episode 10: James Monroe
Port Royal's intact underwater city; cooking on the Rio Grande.
- Season 4 Episode 9: Three Women
Mary Randolph's stuffed veal breast; Hannah Glasse's braised veal heart; Martha Washington's cake.
- Season 4 Episode 8: William Penn's Grand Experiment
William Penn's North American home; history of Philadelphia; oxtail soup and rib roast with Yorkshire pancakes.
- Season 4 Episode 7: In Search of Catchup
The origins of ketchup; an organic farm in Malaysia; preparing local Malaysian specialties in bamboo rice.
- Season 4 Episode 6: Liquid Gold
Rum in Guyana; the legend of El Dorado; traditional Guyanese dishes.
- Season 4 Episode 5: St. Lucia: Tropical Delights, Naval Fights
Curried chicken and bouillon.Saturday 5th September 8:30pm EDT - RLTV
- Season 4 Episode 4: Antigua: Harboring British Interests
Seafood water and pumpkin pancakes.Saturday 5th September 8:00pm EDT - RLTV
- Season 4 Episode 3: Remembering John Adams
A classic New England boiled dinner; John Adams' birthplace home in Quincy, Mass.
- Season 4 Episode 2: The Midnight Ride
Henry Longfellow's poem, 'The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere'; lobster pie; deep-fried quail eggs.
- Season 4 Episode 1: Boston's Freedom Trail
The Freedom Trail, a walking tour of famous sites from 18th century Boston; clam chowder; tripe a la mode.
A Taste of History: Season 3 (2011)
- Season 3 Episode 13: The First Three Seasons
- Season 3 Episode 12: Nothing Grows on Exuma
Recipes from Exuma, Bahamas, include conch salad, conch fritters, fish fry and guava duff.
- Season 3 Episode 11: Birds of America -- John James Audubon
John James Audubon's farm and bird sanctuary near Valley Forge, Pa.
- Season 3 Episode 10: Jamaica -- The Market Basket
Mannish water; ackee and saltfish; curried goat; cornmeal fritter.
- Season 3 Episode 9: Weekend Warriors
Mushroom toast; venison stew; bread dumplings; fried celery.
- Season 3 Episode 8: Continental Congress & Constitutional Convention
Fried calves feet with curried remoulade; beef olives; mashed potatoes; broccoli.
- Season 3 Episode 7: Philadelphia Falls
Potato leek soup; roasted leg of lamb; cardoon au fromage.
- Season 3 Episode 6: Dolley & James Madison -- Entertaining at Montpelier
Virginia ham and oysters; roast pheasant with cornmeal stuffing; peas a la Francaise.
- Season 3 Episode 5: Dolley & James Madison -- Entertaining at Montpelier
Ice cream; artichokes; veal kidney dijonnaise; Hoppin' John; cornmeal fried catfish.
- Season 3 Episode 4: Rye Coffee
Harvesting rye; madeira onion soup; sea snails; beef tongue with caper sauce; Pennsylvania Dutch dumplings.
- Season 3 Episode 3: Bartram's Gardens: A Revolution in Gardening
Fried Lafayette fish; curried tofu with shrimp, turbot and braised romaine.
- Season 3 Episode 2: The Washingtons at Mount Vernon
Pickled herring bonne femme; roasted stuffed goose; braised sunchokes; sweet potato biscuits.
- Season 3 Episode 1: The Washingtons at Mount Vernon
Chef Walter Staib prepares some of George Washington's favorites, including roasted beef marrow, baked stuffed sturgeon, roasted root vegetables and citrus vinaigrette.
A Taste of History: Season 2 (2010)
- Season 2 Episode 13: The Beautiful People of Colonial Williamsburg
Cod fish fritters; stuffed roasted quail; Virginia ham; pineapple sauerkraut.
- Season 2 Episode 12: Lafayette's Sacrifices
French General Lafayette's American victory tour of 1824 was a sold-out event wherever he went. In this episode, Chef Staib pays tribute to Gen. LaFayette by making a very French meal of Tripe Soup, Roasted Sweetbreads and Creamed Savoy Cabbage.
- Season 2 Episode 11: Coffee at Colonial Williamsburg
Chicken vermicelli soup; veal fricassee; curried rice pilaf.
- Season 2 Episode 10: 18th Century Animals
Beef barley soup; pork ragout; Sally Lunn dumplings.
- Season 2 Episode 9: Betsy Ross Sews a Legend
Lobster and corn fritters; baked veal chops; braised artichokes.
- Season 2 Episode 8: Yellow Fever
Citrus-marinated salmon with an eggplant dore.
- Season 2 Episode 7: David Rittenhouse's Orrery
Crown roast of pork with Madeira sauce; sweet potatoes and apples.
- Season 2 Episode 6: Benjamin Franklin -- Science Superstar
Vol-au-vent with sweetbreads; beef and pork pie; sweet-and-sour red cabbage.
- Season 2 Episode 5: Benedict Arnold's Treacherous Wife
Oyster stew; roasted duckling glazed with honey.
- Season 2 Episode 4: Escape to Deshler Morris House
Shrimp toast; larded heart of beef tenderloin.
- Season 2 Episode 3: Surgery and Soda Pop
Smoked brook trout on potato pancakes; coq au vin chicken; Brussels sprouts.
- Season 2 Episode 2: The Powels -- Friends of the Washingtons
Forced cabbage; traditional beef stew with egg noodles.
- Season 2 Episode 1: Charles Thomson -- Witness to History
Shrimp in saffron cream; marinated asparagus; fennel puree.
A Taste of History: Season 1 (2009 - 2010)
- Season 1 Episode 13: Madeira Wine by the Galleons
Chicken cooked with Madeira wine; spaetzle; chestnut fritters.
- Season 1 Episode 12: Ben Franklin's Genius
American Philosophical Society was founded by Ben Franklin; braised oxtail; spruce beer.
- Season 1 Episode 11: West Indies Influence
Salmon escoveitch; salmon corn cakes; the Subscription Room.
- Season 1 Episode 10: Hercules: Slave Chef to the Washingtons
Veal olives was the signature dish of Hercules, the slave chef of George Washington; white bean and shallot puree.
- Season 1 Episode 9: Root Cellars
Goose with turnips; crab cake with herb remoulade; root cellars.
- Season 1 Episode 8: Jefferson's Monticello
James Hemings, Thomas Jefferson's slave cook; curried lamb with rice pilaf and stewed mushrooms.
- Season 1 Episode 7: Jefferson's Monticello
White bean and bacon soup; chicken fricassee; herbed barley; tour of Monticello Visitor's Center.
- Season 1 Episode 6: Jefferson's Monticello
Beer and wine cellars; ice house; how 18th century food was harvested and stored; boiled beef with bouillon potatoes.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Jefferson's Monticello
Stuffed cabbage with fried asparagus; a tour of Thomas Jefferson's estate and gardens.
- Season 1 Episode 4: Washington's Crossing Pepperpot Soup
West Indies-influenced pepperpot soup with corn bread.
- Season 1 Episode 3: Von Steuben's Secret Weapon
Braised rabbit legs and potato cakes.
- Season 1 Episode 2: Early German Settlers
German settlers come to Philadelphia and immediately contribute to the new world's culture; ale-braised sausages.
- Season 1 Episode 1: Martha Washington Won the War
Martha Washington's authentic turkey stew with oysters.