Forensic Files: Season 14 (2010 - 2011)
- Season 14 Episode 21: Expert Witness
A young mother is sexually assaulted and killed in her home, the killer was meticulous in washing everything, but left behind a single hair.
- Season 14 Episode 20: Funeral Services
A mask is discovered near the crime scene and police are hoping that it will lead to the killer of a funeral director.
- Season 14 Episode 19: Skeleton Key
When a young woman disappears, police think an abusive ex-boyfriend is to blame.
- Season 14 Episode 18: Auto-Motive
A woman goes missing amidst a contentious divorce.
- Season 14 Episode 17: Seeing Red
A high school student disappears, then a prostitute is murdered causing police to believe they may be linked.
- Season 14 Episode 16: Gone Ballistic
A real estate developer is shot and his wife becomes the prime suspect, until the bullet is linked to a weapon reported missing 20 years ago.
- Season 14 Episode 15: Trail of a Killer
A community is shocked when police discover a woman raped and murdered in broad daylight on a public trail.
- Season 14 Episode 14: Fate Date
The killer removed the computer that links him to the murder of a woman and her soon-to-be ex-husband that he had met online.
- Season 14 Episode 13: Low Maintenance
A young college student is found dead in her apartment and the autopsy rules the death a homicide by an unknown male suspect.
- Season 14 Episode 12: Social Circle
Four young adults are murdered and the crime scene yields little results, until a neighbor reports seeing two people in black the night of the crime.
- Season 14 Episode 11: Water Logged
An Ohio woman and her two daughters go missing while vacationing in Florida; their corpeses are found floating in Tampa Bay with a hand-written note by one of the victims by. putting it on five billboards to helps them find the killer.
- Season 14 Episode 10: Filtered Out
Community searches deliver devastating results when a teenage girl goes missing, investigators begin hunting a killer.
- Season 14 Episode 9: Textbook Murder
A young bride-to-be is gunned down in her own home; the attack is personal and as investigators start digging, they uncover the man she loved was living a lie.
- Season 14 Episode 8: A Touch Of Evil
A dismembered body is dumped on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike and before police realize it, bodies are turning up between two states.
- Season 14 Episode 7: Freeze Framed
A man is found dead of an apparent slow suicide but information emerges which reveals that his wife may have had a more prominent role in his death, especially since her first husband died so young and she refused to consent to an autopsy.
- Season 14 Episode 6: Home of the Brave
A husband saves his wife and child from a burning trailer, but one month later she is killed in her sleep, all evidence leads to the husband.
- Season 14 Episode 5: The Ari Squire Case
A man perishes in a fire while working in his garage and his death is initially ruled an accident until a Forensic Odontologist changes the direction of the case.
- Season 14 Episode 4: Three's a Crowd
A church member is gunned down after leaving choir practice; witnesses see little and evidence is scarce, but investigators learn that she had been having affairs for years.
- Season 14 Episode 3: Hell's Kitchen
A woman has an accidental fall down a flight of stairs and looks to have hit her head, but the lack of blood splatter and misplaced shoes lead police to believe that the fall was staged.
- Season 14 Episode 2: Hear No Evil
Evidence that includes threatening emails, a missing person and an abandoned truck lead police to what they believe is a killer, but they don't have the body of the victim.
- Season 14 Episode 1: Purebread Murder
After years of suffering domestic abuse, a young woman is found murdered in her bathtub; the clues are all over but th eclincher is a hamburger bun; the Christina Sanoubane case.
Forensic Files: Season 13 (2008 - 2010)
- Season 13 Episode 50: Best Foot Forward
The search for a missing exotic dancer led police to an isolated 75-acre site where someone had been shot and cremated thus destroying all evidence...almost; piece of a foot provided enough DNA for a genetic profile, and positive ID.
- Season 13 Episode 49: Pet Rock
A quiet waitress who hasn't been to work in two days, vanishes without a trace; police suspect a date gone wrong.
- Season 13 Episode 48: Lights Out
Cold case detectives are baffled by the murder of a young housewife.
- Season 13 Episode 47: Dirty Little Seacret
A couple embarks on a traditional holiday but never return.
- Season 13 Episode 46: Waste Mis-Management (The Glenda Furch Case)
The absence of a woman's body complicates a murder investigation.
- Season 13 Episode 45: Watchful Eye (The Carrie Nelson Case)
The brutal murder of a state park employee over $2,000 rattles her co-workers and tourists while leaving police to sift through hundreds of leads.
- Season 13 Episode 44: Runaway Love (The Barbara Mullenix Case)
After a woman is found dead at a yacht club in California in an apparent case of love gone wrong, investigators discover her home life was as dramatic as films made in nearby Hollywood.
- Season 13 Episode 43: Family Interrupted (The Bart Whitaker Case)
A masked gunman kills two members of a family and wounds two others after they interrupt his burglary at their upscale suburban home.
- Season 13 Episode 42: Shoe-in for Murder (The Crystal Perry Case)
A 12-year-old is the only witness to her mother's death and is unable to provide investigators with many details in Maine.
- Season 13 Episode 41: Palm Saturday (The Brian & Beverly Mauck Case)
All signs point to a professional hit after an attractive young couple is found slain at home in Graham, Wash.
- Season 13 Episode 40: Office Visit (The Dr. Brian Stidham Case)
After a prominent Arizona surgeon is found stabbed to death outside his office, investigators uncover an unlikely suspect with deep pockets and an even deeper hatred for the doctor.
- Season 13 Episode 39: Separation Anxiety
A wild fire in a secluded parking lot leads police to discover a dreadful homicide, with the suspect's image caught by security cameras.
- Season 13 Episode 38: Cold Feet (The Julie Stoverink Estes Case)
Police use the latest scientific and forensic techniques to identify the killer of a convenience-store clerk whose bound, half-naked body was found in woods following a robbery at the shop almost twenty years previously
- Season 13 Episode 37: Hundreds of Reasons (The Stephen Holmes Story)
Forensics investigate a clever inside job, in which finger prints, CCTV and DNA testing provide the keys to catching a thief and killer.
- Season 13 Episode 36: Writing on the Wall (The Karen Pannell Case)
Investigators face a growing list of suspects after a beautiful flight attendant is brutally murdered in her own home.
- Season 13 Episode 35: Covet Thy Neighbor (The Olamide Elizabeth Adeyooye Story)
Weeks after a student vanishes, the body of an unknown female is found in the ashes of a fire 700 miles away; an alert policeman realizes the crimes could be connected.
- Season 13 Episode 34: Sign of the Crime (The Renee Powell/Barbara Powell Case)
Unsettling evidence is found in the rubble from a fire in a Seattle woman's apartment that is soon followed by another blaze just 100 feet from the first, with clues indicating a serial killer is at work.
- Season 13 Episode 33: Deadly Rebellion (The Joshua Ashbrook Case)
After a habitual runaway is found dead, with a single foreign hair found, police suspect people she would turn to in a crisis.
- Season 13 Episode 32: All That Glitters Is Gold
How the latest scientific and forensic techniques can help solve puzzling crimes, focusing on the kidnapping and murder of 20-year-old student Megan Barroso in Moorpark, California. Vital clues were discovered when the victim's bullet-riddled car was found on a motorway
- Season 13 Episode 31: Hair Line (The Eric Miller Case)
After a young scientist dies from a mystery illness, investigators discover evidence in his hair that might help identify his killer.
- Season 13 Episode 30: Dollars and Sense
Man is found burned beyond recognition almost 100 miles from his home, and although police were able to identify his remains, they still had to determine the where, who and why.Sunday 24th May 3:30am EDT - Cable News Network
- Season 13 Episode 28: Needle in a Haystack
Examining the use of modern scientific and forensic techniques in the investigation of the murder of University of Florida student Michelle Herndon in 2005. No clues were initially apparent, until a small needle mark was discovered on the victim's armSunday 24th May 2:30am EDT - Cable News Network
- Season 13 Episode 27: Holy Terror (The Illinois Church Bombings)
A rare type of wire, a rhinestone dog collar and a hypnotist help detectives investigating a string of church bombings in Illinois.Sunday 24th May 2:00am EDT - Cable News Network
- Season 13 Episode 26: Trouble Brewing (The Virginia Russell Case)
DNA, ballistics and a six-pack of beer help solve who, of two roommates, murdered a high-priced call girl.Sunday 24th May 1:30am EDT - Cable News Network
- Season 13 Episode 25: Family Ties (The Christoper Porco Case)
A couple is brutally attacked at home, leaving the husband dead, the wife gravely injured and their son as a prime suspect.Sunday 24th May 1:00am EDT - Cable News Network
- Season 13 Episode 24: As Fault (The Michelle Johnson Case)
Witnesses see a woman in the back of a truck flailing her arms, screaming; after finding jacket near a pool of blood, they knew it wasn't a joy ride; it was an abduction.Sunday 24th May 12:30am EDT - Cable News Network
- Season 13 Episode 23: Drowning Sorrows (The Florence Unger Case)
Investigators try to prove foul play caused a woman to fall to her death during a family vacation; a forensic pathologist uses a groundbreaking technique to discover the truth.Sunday 24th May 12:00am EDT - Cable News Network
- Season 13 Episode 22: Dirty Laundry (The Robert Bosley Case)
Police launch a massive manhunt after a Kentucky businessman is shot and killed at home in front of his wife.
- Season 13 Episode 21: Smiley Face (The Brenda Robinson Case)
Forensic evidence leads police to a sadistic serial rapist after years of investigation in Delaware and Maryland.
- Season 13 Episode 20: DNA Dragnet (The Fredrick Evins Murders)
Forensic investigators try to stop a killer who is apparently responsible for two slayings in a community in South Carolina.
- Season 13 Episode 19: Seedy Intentions (The Cindy Allinger Case)
A girl goes missing during a Fourth of July celebration, then turns up dead with seeds planting the only clue to the identity of her killer.
- Season 13 Episode 18: Church Dis-service (The Dawania Dacosta Case)
A woman heads home after church, but never makes it there alive, triggering a homicide investigation.
- Season 13 Episode 17: Fashion Police (The Jeremie Ryan Overstreet Case)
After a recently divorced mother is found brutally murdered in her apartment, detectives find a mismatched button and follow the thread back to her killer.
- Season 13 Episode 16: Unmasked (The Stevie Green Case)
A community in Texas becomes paralyzed by fear while police try to identify the masked man behind a string of sexual assaults.
- Season 13 Episode 15: Sworded Scheme
A college student turns up dead and her boyfriend becomes a prime suspect when blood splatters are discovered on his wall.
- Season 13 Episode 14: Calculated Coincidence (The Drew Planten Case)
A nosy neighbor with a disturbing obsession becomes a suspect in a woman's murder at an upscale apartment complex; police discover an incredible link to an unrelated murder thousands of miles away.
- Season 13 Episode 13: Sands of Crime
A DNA dragnet catches a killer eight years after the kidnapping, rape and murder of a college coed in Oklahoma.
- Season 13 Episode 12: Kidnapping (The Ginger Hayes Murder)
A family vacation turns into a terrifying search for a missing wife and baby, then becomes a manhunt for a killer who committed a horrific crime.
- Season 13 Episode 11: Stranger in the Night (The Dorothy Donovan Case)
After a Delaware man's mother is found dead, he tells a story that's so improbable police think it can't possibly be true.
- Season 13 Episode 10: Window Watcher (The Johnathan Graham Case)
After a couple is attacked in their home, a bloody footprint on the kitchen floor seems to be the only clue left by the intruder, so the case becomes dormant for nearly two decades until an experimental test is tried.
- Season 13 Episode 9: Home Evasion (The Judy Southern Case)
A shooting victim mutters the name of her apparent assailant before dying, but fingerprint comparisons, handwriting analysis, ballistics and DNA testing show someone else close to home is the true killer.
- Season 13 Episode 8: Constructive Criticism (The Darrell North Murder)
The brutal murder of a construction site foreman looks like the work of a disgruntled employee, but forensic science points to an unlikely suspect.
- Season 13 Episode 7: Last Dance (The Rachel Siani Case)
After police identify a murder victim thanks to her butterfly necklace, they discover several co-workers had vendettas against the victim.
- Season 13 Episode 6: Dancing With the Devil
A female killer leaves police few clues to work with and escapes detection - until investigators are put on her trail when they hear of another crime committed years later and hundreds of miles away, in which an exotic dancer is alleged to have got away with murder
- Season 13 Episode 5: Double Cross
Naval officer who threatened to go public with tales of on-the-job sexual harassment and assault is brutally murdered, but when investigators find the allegations could be part of an elaborate scheme for money, they turn to forensic science.
- Season 13 Episode 3: Shoot to Thrill
A man discovers his father has been shot dead in their Minnesota home. Freshly fallen snow reveals an unidentified set of shoe prints, which seem to belong to the killer, but police investigators soon uncover a web of deception, greed and murder-for-hire
- Season 13 Episode 2: House Hunting
Documentary examining an investigation into the murder of a successful estate agent, revealing how police used forensic hypnosis to help a witness recall every detail of a suspect's appearance, before making a composite sketch of the man they believed to be the killer
- Season 13 Episode 1: Frozen Assets
How scientific and forensic techniques can help solve puzzling crimes. Detectives have to decide whether a businessman has been killed with malice aforethought or accidentally in the course of a bungled robbery
Forensic Files: Season 12 (2007 - 2008)
- Season 12 Episode 30: Smoking Out a Killer
A college senior was found raped and murdered, two other students were killed in the same manner, forcing police to believe they had a serial killer.
- Season 12 Episode 29: Guarded Secrets
Security guard who disappeared from his post was found a year later in a remote camp site; a decade later, a phone call and a paint smear on his boot helped scientists determine what happened during his final moments.
- Season 12 Episode 28: Yes, in Deed
A woman's body is found inside a burned mobile home and the autopsy reveals she was beaten, making this a murder.
- Season 12 Episode 27: In the Bag
A killer places all the incriminating evidence to the murder in a plastic bag, hoping it will float down the river.
- Season 12 Episode 26: About Face
A human skeleton is found and determined to be at least 18 months old, an inventive computer consultant gives her a face and name.
- Season 12 Episode 25: Printed Proof
Police investigate the possibility of a hate crime when two women go missing and are later found murdered.
- Season 12 Episode 24: Driven to Silence
After 10 years, a witness decides to do the right thing about the rape and murder of a young hairdresser.
- Season 12 Episode 23: Disrobed
A husband and wife are shot and their 16-year-old daughter was lucky to escape, or was it good planning.
- Season 12 Episode 22: Brotherly Love
When a single mother is murdered, her brother vows to find the person responsible for the death of his sister -- even if it takes more than 30 years.
- Season 12 Episode 21: Traffic Violations
A young woman is found murdered, two weeks after reporting a road rage incident. Evidence is leading not to the aggressive driver, but one of their own.
- Season 12 Episode 20: Jean Pool
Police are unable to link any of the potential suspects to the murder of a young college student until years later with better technology.
- Season 12 Episode 19: All Butt Certain
A young girl beaten after watching her grandmother killed, identifies the wrong person, years later trying to change her statement.
- Season 12 Episode 18: Shattered Innocence
Investigators see through a killer trying to cover his tracks by staging the crime scene to learn what really happened.
- Season 12 Episode 17: Dog Day Afternoon
A canine behaviorist uses the family dogs, who are the only witnesses, to find the murderer of their owner.
- Season 12 Episode 16: Freedom Fighter
A convicted arsonist claims his innocence and with no lawyer, no money and only a fifth-grade education, sets out to prove it.
- Season 12 Episode 15: Good as Gold
Groundbreaking tests reveal the race, eye color and hair color of the person responsible for killing two young women on Halloween night.
- Season 12 Episode 14: Finger Pane
The only lead to finding a serial killer on the loose is a bloody fingerprint on the body of a victim.
- Season 12 Episode 13: Pressed for Crime
With a long list of suspects, forensic experts are clear on one thing in this brutal murder, the killer knew his victim.
- Season 12 Episode 12: Screen Pass
Three fingerprints on a window screen are enough for a print examiner to uncover the work of a serial killer.
- Season 12 Episode 11: A Cinderella Story
A pair of tennis shoes are found near a victim who had been stabbed on the beach, less than ten yards from her hotel.
- Season 12 Episode 10: Catch 22
A woman shot in her driveway had recently rejected a co-worker half her age.
- Season 12 Episode 9: Insignificant Others
When a man's wife kills herself 14 years after his college sweetheart committed suicide, police start to get suspicious.
- Season 12 Episode 8: Sole Survivor
After a Michigan State University grad student disappears and is presumed dead, a professor of geological sciences helps police get the 'dirt' on her killer.
- Season 12 Episode 7: The Day the Music Died
Ten years after the murder of a rock singer, forensic scientists use evidence collected to finally bring her killer to justice.
- Season 12 Episode 6: Transaction Failed
An ATM transaction allows Texas detectives to pinpoint a suspect in the slaying of a teacher, but a shoelace stolen from the victim's home proves to be the tie that binds her killer to the crime.
- Season 12 Episode 5: Quite a Spectacle
A squashed tomato and a pinpoint reflection of light in a photo help catch a killer.
- Season 12 Episode 4: Wheel of Misfortune
Casino security cameras offer images of a woman just before she disappeared.
- Season 12 Episode 3: Cold Hearted
When two men appear to die of heart disease six years apart, police notice they have one thing in common, they were each married to the same woman.
- Season 12 Episode 2: Insulated Evidence: The Michael Andrade Case
A man is found strangled and burned in his San Antonio apartment and the killer thinks he has destroyed all the evidence.
- Season 12 Episode 1: Sharper Image
When a young girl is found dead, police quickly make an arrest, but could cutting-edge technology from NASA prove the wrong man is behind bars.
Forensic Files: Season 11 (2006 - 2007)
- Season 11 Episode 42: Message in a Bottle
A used tissue, 12 years after the murder of a young Missouri woman, may be what cracks the case with a suspect list a mile long.
- Season 11 Episode 41: Bitter Brew
The kidnapping of Adolph Coors leads to one of the most intense manhunts in US history.
- Season 11 Episode 40: Two in a Million
An ammunition box and fluorescent fibers reveal the betrayal that led to the murder of a millionaire's family.
- Season 11 Episode 39: Fired-Up
When a house burns to the ground and a woman's charred remains are found, investigators must determine whether it was an accident or arson.
- Season 11 Episode 38: Blanket of Evidence
A wax bullet, white blanket and olive colored carpeting, tell a lot about the murder of a young woman found in a ravine.
- Season 11 Episode 37: Step by Step
When a man dies after falling down the stairs, a witness says one thing and the evidence says another.
- Season 11 Episode 36: Ticker Tape
A device intended to save lives proves to be the only witness to a mans death.
- Season 11 Episode 35: Fresh Heir
Twenty years after an unsolved murder, new forensic science is able to identify the killer.
- Season 11 Episode 34: Small Town Terror
How the bombs were made leads investigators in Colorado to find the perpetrator.
- Season 11 Episode 33: Skirting the Evidence
A woman is abducted and a month later found dead, then a tip leads investigators in the right direction.
- Season 11 Episode 32: Critical Maneuver
A paint chip and pieces of plastic help police solve the mystery behind a hit-and-run accident that killed a high school athlete.
- Season 11 Episode 31: Muffled Cries
A killer is careless when using a murder weapon that is unique and easily traceable.
- Season 11 Episode 30: A Tight Leash
Police find clues in letters sent to frighten the victim.
- Season 11 Episode 29: As the Tide Turns
Forensic science is used to determine if a woman's death was a botched robbery or intentional murder.
- Season 11 Episode 28: If I Were You
A daughter suspects something is wrong when everything from her fathers home is missing.
- Season 11 Episode 27: Killer Impressions
The case of a woman whose death was deemed an accident 16 years earlier is reopened due to a man claiming it was murder, but when the tipster is killed the police track down a possible serial killer
- Season 11 Episode 26: Ring Him Up
The disappearance of a college co-ed goes unsolved for 10 years, until new testing sheds a different light.
- Season 11 Episode 25: Shell Game
A clue no bigger than a thumbtack leads investigators to a trio of killers.
- Season 11 Episode 25: Shell Game
Criminals attempt to cover their tracks using fire. However, through the investigators' tenacity they find a small clue which leads them to the killers
- Season 11 Episode 24: Water Hazard
Police investigate the murder of a man who died through ingesting cyanide. They find a clue in a mailing envelope which leads them to a dangerous killer
- Season 11 Episode 23: Chief Suspect
The case of a murdered policeman's wife is reopened when a newly formed cold case unit take another look at the evidence, and they find critical clues to the killers identity
- Season 11 Episode 22: A Novel Idea
A man calls the police to his house where his wife has fallen down the stairs, but the amount of bloodstains at the scene prompts investigators to treat the death as suspicious
- Season 11 Episode 21: Vanished
The police struggle to believe a girl who claims she was abducted and sexually assaulted from her unemotional recounting of the tale - until fibres from her clothes prove the story
- Season 11 Episode 20: Live Wire
When a man is killed with a bomb investigators search for every piece of evidence until they find a clue that identifies the murderer
- Season 11 Episode 19: No Safe Place: The Ronald Shaw Case
A Louisiana couple are attacked by armed thieves who force the woman to open a hidden safe - but investigators have little evidence as the criminals had their faces covered
- Season 11 Episode 18: A Case of the Flue
The team are called to investigate a robbery which ended in homicide - but the detectives become suspicious when evidence shows the killer was breaking out of the house - not into it
- Season 11 Episode 17: Internal Affair
Friend's of a missing woman receive a shock when her body is discovered, propelling investigators to use blood evidence to find the killer
- Season 11 Episode 16: Grave Danger
Evidence from a mysterious car crash leads to truth that devastates three families.
- Season 11 Episode 15: Nice Threads
A woman is found dead on her bedroom floor, the only clue is a bloodstained sheet. Breakthrough forensics enable police to identify the killer.
- Season 11 Episode 14: Dark Waters
A man is the victim of a hit-and-run in a sailing accident, and when the police appeal for witnesses an unlikely person admitts to being a passenger on the killer's boat
- Season 11 Episode 13: Undertaken
The detectives rely on their tenacity to make a conviction when a medical examiner rules a death was accidental, and three years later the answer is revealed
- Season 11 Episode 12: Capitol Crimes
A medical examiner rules that a death was accidental despite detectives who thought otherwise, then it takes three years, an exhumation and a second autopsy to determine who was right.
- Season 11 Episode 11: Weakest Link
The body of a young girl is found on farmland in Delano, California, but a mailbox key is the only clue to her identity - prompting the police to search every building in the area
- Season 11 Episode 10: The Gambler
A triple murder in the town of Verona, Wisconsin, leads detectives into the shady world of high-rollers and off-shore gambling
- Season 11 Episode 9: Key Evidence
Tiny fibres and an asthma inhaler lead investigators to the gunman responsible for shooting an off-duty police officer
- Season 11 Episode 8: Concrete Alibi: The Karyn Slover Case
Concrete from a junk car lot leads investigators to the most unlikely of suspects in solving the case of a young mother who disappears.
- Season 11 Episode 7: Murder She Wrote
A victim of depression is found dead in what appears to be a straightforward case of suicide - until the discovery of a note hidden in a china cabinet leads investigators to her killer
- Season 11 Episode 6: Dockter Visit
A World War Two veteran is killed in his home, baffling the police - until a lucky break leads them to a shady character with a sweet tooth and a distinctive pair of boots
- Season 11 Episode 05: Shattered Dreams
Investigators solve a double murder with the help of evidence obtained from a fingertip torn from a latex glove
- Season 11 Episode 4: Sunday's Wake
A little girl's death baffles investigators, who travel halfway around the world before finally uncovering the answer in two unusual places - a shredded legal document and the signature of the child's mother
- Season 11 Episode 3: Just Desserts
A known criminal's driver's license is found at the crime scene of a double murder, but collected DNA point investigators in another direction.Tomorrow at 4:30am EDT - HLN
- Season 11 Episode 2: Going for Broke
Investigators probe the case of a stockbroker who has failed to return home, and soon uncover proof that he has been murderedTomorrow at 4:00am EDT - HLN
- Season 11 Episode 1: Naughty or Nyce
A woman is killed in what appears to be a road accident, but footprints around the vehicle, and bloodstains both inside and outside it, lead investigators to suspect foul playToday at 11:30pm EDT - HLN
Forensic Files: Season 10 (2005 - 2012)
- Season 10 Episode 42: Enemy Within
Police investigate the murder of a Kansas City lawyer in his own office, in the middle of the day. The killer left microscopic evidence which led directly to him
- Season 10 Episode 41: Wood-be Killer
Forensic officers use a brand new technique to catch a killer who attempted to conceal his tracks by incinerating the evidence.
- Season 10 Episode 40: Wired for Disaster
Forensic officers assist their police counterparts to recreate a bomb - which led to the death of a woman - to see if they can catch her killer
- Season 10 Episode 39: To the Viktor
Forensic officers assist police to discover whether the deaths of three individuals on separate continents were caused by the same killer.
- Season 10 Episode 38: High n dry
When a woman is found dead in her bathroom, forensic officers assist the police in determining whether she committed suicide or was unlawfully killed
- Season 10 Episode 37: Hot on the Trail
How scientific and forensic techniques can help solve puzzling crimes
- Season 10 Episode 36: Murder on the Menu
Detectives question the staff of a historic restaurant when the head chef is found dead.
- Season 10 Episode 35: Sole Searching
With very little else to go on, investigators find that a show impression puts them on the right track to finding a killer in Lansing, Mich.Today at 11:00pm EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 34: Bump in the Night
A man is murdered in his sleep, no fingerprints are left behind, but a shoe impression outside leads to the killer.
- Season 10 Episode 33: Penchant for Poison
How three seemingly unrelated deaths proved to be the work of one murderer. The killer had been careful by using poison that had no taste or odour. However, investigators realised it would have a unique chemical signature and were able to demonstrate the linkToday at 8:30pm EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 32: Sunday School Ambush
Robert Andrew and his wife Brenda were gunned down in their garage in an upscale neighbourhood in Oklahoma City. Can forensics help to find Robert's killer?Today at 8:00pm EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 31: Garden of Evil
When a popular DJ is found murdered in a local garden, the cops race to find answers. With no other leads police turn to a blood spatter expert.
- Season 10 Episode 30: Material Witness
Evidence leads directly to a killer when a teenager goes missing and a month later her body is found.
- Season 10 Episode 29: Moss, Not Grass
Finding the killer of a woman who was found dead on a golf course in the Bahamas. The distinctive grass on the course provided enough evidence to lead the police to two suspects
- Season 10 Episode 28: Elemental Clue
Investigating the cases of two women from the same town who were murdered in the same way. Police fear a serial killer is on the loose - and find tiny clues which lead them to the same manTomorrow at 12:30am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 27: Summer Obsession
Police investigate a seemingly accidental drowning in an affluent suburb of Philadelphia. The case becomes focused on one person who had a motive for murder
- Season 10 Episode 26: Cop Out
Police investigate the murder of a college student who appeared to have known his killer. Hairs and microscopic cells help officers unravel a web of lies
- Season 10 Episode 25: Signed, Sealed and Delivered
Officers suspect an act of revenge when a bomb explodes in the family home of a witness who testified against two men convicted of shooting and killing a passenger in a moving carTomorrow at 12:00am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 24: Unholy Alliance: The Natalie Mirable Case
Woman disappears from grocery store parking lot in Boulder, Colo.; investigators find extraordinary clues in a pair of bloody gloves, unique tire tracks, and ordinary grass and pine needles.Tomorrow at 6:30am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 23: 'Prints' Among Thieves
Investigating the murder of a millionaire, who flaunted his wealth and had little personal security. The evidence seemed to indicate robbery, but investigators were unsureTomorrow at 6:00am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 22: Clean Getaway
Investigating the rape and murder of a woman at the dry-cleaners she worked at. Police had eyewitnesses but when their descriptions were not clear, they turned to forensicsTomorrow at 1:30am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 21: Writers Block
A brilliant young architect became ill and died just before she was to testify in a criminal trial. Find out how forensics used the evidence to crack this case.Tomorrow at 1:00am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 20: Four on the Floor
A Navajo woman is found dead in a remote desert area in New Mexico. She had suffered blunt force trauma to the head from a sledgehammer- but who would do this?
- Season 10 Episode 19: Gold Rush
The police investigate when they receive a call from a man, who claims his girlfriend shot and killed herself. The autopsy reveals that the wound could not have been self-inflicted
- Season 10 Episode 18: Oily in the Morning: The Nick Howard Case
When police recovered the submerged car of missing man, they found no body; the investigation that followed uncovers a deadly obsession and the motive for murder.Sunday 24th May 12:30am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 17: Picture This
The case of a missing Californian teenager, who was presumed to have run away. However, her body turned up in a ditch 20 miles awaySunday 24th May 12:00am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 16: Deadly Valentine
Investigators determine how blood splatter evidence could prove that an obstetrician murdered his wife, despite his claims from him that he found her dead when he returned homeTomorrow at 2:30am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 15: Tight-Fitting Genes
The light of day and DNA picture painted by molecular biologist reveals new clues about a nighttime traffic accident.Tomorrow at 2:00am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 14: A Leg up on Crime
The decomposed body of a young woman is discovered in a canal. Police find a shoe print at the crime scene which will lead them to the most unlikely of killers.
- Season 10 Episode 13: Crash Course: The Hollermann Car Crash
A patrol officer is shocked by the amount of blood at a traffic accident and is shocked by the coroner's ruling until an anonymous phone call re-ignites the case.Tomorrow at 5:30am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 12: Cereal Killer
How the police used evidence to track down the killer of a young boy who disappeared during a house fire and whose body was found 50 miles away from home
- Season 10 Episode 11: Strong Impressions
The wife of an Air Force officer was found dead in her bed, with a plastic laundry bag near her face. How did forensics piece together limited evidence?
- Season 10 Episode 10: Tagging a Suspect
The explosion of a pickup truck, which killed the driver and injured a passenger is investigated. But how did forensics help cops catch the person responsible?
- Season 10 Episode 9: Shear Luck
The wife of a serviceman was brutally murdered in the Philippines in 1991, investigators must reassemble a 5-1/4 computer disk cut to pieces with pinking shears to find the murderer.Tomorrow at 5:00am EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 8: Army of Evidence
The case of a mother-of-two and army wife found dead in her bedroom. There were messages left near her body, and a gun in her hand. Her death was initially ruled a suicide, until investigators learned she had almost died in a house fire three years earlier and decided to take another look at the evidence to deduce whether murder was a possibilityToday at 9:30pm EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 7: One for the Road
An investigation into the disappearance of a woman in Key West, Florida, that yielded nothing but a pair of sandals which may have belonged to her. Then two important pieces of video surfaced, and police began to wonder if they should be searching for a missing person or a killerToday at 9:00pm EDT - HLN
- Season 10 Episode 6: Headquarters
When hunters find a skull in a Texas canyon, police find bits of clothing, a woman's shoe, some small bones and a strand of hair; once they discover her identity, it was time to find the killer.
- Season 10 Episode 5: Soiled Plan
Police instigated an intense search when the mother of two children went missing and, less than a day later, they found her body. How did forensics help detectives?
- Season 10 Episode 4: Up in Smoke
Examining evidence to determine how a fire broke out in the home of an elderly couple and whether their son was to blame, despite his pleas of innocence
- Season 10 Episode 3: Plastic Puzzle
How modern investigation techniques coupled with broken shards from a car headlight helped in the case of a hit-and-run death of a Michigan cyclist, leading officers to both the vehicle and its driver
- Season 10 Episode 2: Marked for Life
A cold case from 1957, in which a man committed several crimes in one night - including murder. California police followed numerous leads but eventually the case turned cold. Almost 50 years later, with the help of advances in computer technology and handwriting analysis, investigators made a breakthrough
- Season 10 Episode 1: Trial by Fire
A case in which a house erupted in flames, killing one person and injuring another. The survivor blamed a kerosene heater; the evidence at the scene did not support her story, and she was charged with arson and murder. Later, a renowned fire inspector checked the evidence and discovered the real culprit
Forensic Files: Season 9 (2004 - 2005)
- Season 9 Episode 30: Walking Terror
Police are puzzled when a man who brutally stabbed his wife and tried to drown her in their swimming pool appears to have no recollection of the attack
- Season 9 Episode 29: Stake Out
The kidnapping of a prominent banker's wife leads forensic experts to discover that extraordinary clues can be revealed by the examination of ordinary office equipment
- Season 9 Episode 28: South of the Border
The motive for the murder of an American tourist at a Mexican resort at first appeared to be robbery, until police found the evidence pointed to something much more sinister
- Season 9 Episode 27: For Love or Money
The will of a wealthy tycoon reveals instructions regarding what to do if he was to die in violent circumstances, prompting suspicion he may have known he was in danger
- Season 9 Episode 26: Fishing for the Truth
A two-man shrimp boat sinks when a fast-moving, violent storm struck the Louisiana coast; a deckhand is considered a hero for trying to save the drowned captain, until his body is found.
- Season 9 Episode 25: Silk Stalkings
Examining the case of a flight attendant's murder, and how meticulous analysis of biological evidence helped prove it was part of a series of killings
- Season 9 Episode 24: Northern Exposure
The application of modern technology to crime-fighting, revealing how fingerprinting and red carpet fibres near a corpse led police straight to a murderer
- Season 9 Episode 23: Saving Face
A look at how detectives used DNA samples to solve the mystery of three women who disappeared without a trace
- Season 9 Episode 22: Seeds for Doubt
How the latest forensic techniques helped detectives solve the case of a well-respected nurse who was killed in a car accident
- Season 9 Episode 21: Point of Origin
How a discarded cigarette and a scrap of paper provided the forensic team with vital evidence to expose the identity of an arsonist in California
- Season 9 Episode 20: Muddy Waters
A Colorado hunter shot three times and killed was the victim of a crime, not an accident; police suspected two murder weapons, and two killers, but forensic evidence pointed them closer to home.
- Season 9 Episode 19: Deadly Matrimony
Police become suspicious of a man who reported his wife missing 15 years after doing the same thing with his first wife.
- Season 9 Episode 18: Badge of Betrayal
Experts use forensic technology to track down a killer after a tiny fibre is discovered on a victim's clothing
- Season 9 Episode 17: Buried Treasure
Fifteen years after a man disappears, using a metal detector, police find evidence which proves what had happened.
- Season 9 Episode 16: Cries Unheard
Police try to identify the killer of a 19-year-old girl who had multiple suspects with motives using evidence recovered from the suspect's trash.
- Season 9 Episode 15: Pinned by the Evidence
A man is charged with the murder of a wrestling champion. Six years later, a forensic animator testifies on his behalf.
- Season 9 Episode 14: Over a Barrel
How forensic scientists used material from a dentist's office to uncover ballistics evidence which had been overlooked in an investigation 10 years earlier
- Season 9 Episode 12: The Financial Downfall
At first investigators think a beautiful young woman's fatal fall from a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean was an accident, but forensic examination of photos arouses suspicion that foul play was involved.
- Season 9 Episode 11: Making the Collar
When an English girl is found murdered nine months after going missing, forensic investigators piece together a portrait of her killer.
- Season 9 Episode 10: Head Games
The team employ the skills of a forensic psychiatrist and the results of ballistics tests to solve a murder case
- Season 9 Episode 9: Stick 'em Up
How scientists used forensic evidence to solve a murder case, taking clues from a missing piece of tape and tips from some concerned citizens
- Season 9 Episode 8: Bad Medicine
Investigators must find the cause of arsenic poisoning in a young woman.
- Season 9 Episode 7: Cloak of Deceit
How the forensic clues found on the clothes of three robbers led to their conviction for an apparently successful crime
- Season 9 Episode 6: Burning Desire
Forensic scientists search the ashes of a blaze for clues to determine how the fire was started, and discover it may not have been ignited by a cigarette as was first thought
- Season 9 Episode 5: News at 11
Police dogs track a killer's scent to a crime scene, leading them to believe the murderer could be one of the onlookers
- Season 9 Episode 4: No Corpus Delicti
A pawn ticket, a plant and a global positioning satellite help investigators unravel a murder case in which there's no body to be found.
- Season 9 Episode 3: In Harm's Way
An Alaskan trooper finds a woman's body beside a frozen road, but evidence is scant even after a suspected murder weapon is found.
- Season 9 Episode 2: Hunter or Hunted?
A forensic document examiner, a slingshot and an unusual physics experiment help investigators find another killer
- Season 9 Episode 1: Road Rage
After a girl is found dead along a road, the obvious suspect stumps police with an alibi but tire tracks might provide a clue.
Forensic Files: Season 8 (2003 - 2004)
- Season 8 Episode 42: Flashover: The 1987 Kings Cross Underground Fire
Arson investigators attempt to determine the cause of the 1987 fire at the Kings Cross Underground Station in London.
- Season 8 Episode 41: Visibility Zero
The derailment of the Sunset Limited was the deadliest train crash in US history.
- Season 8 Episode 40: Deadly Curve
An investigation into who was responsible for a deadly car accident.
- Season 8 Episode 38: Honor Thy Father
A murdered teenager's parents accept responsibility for the killing, and claim they were acting in self-defence - but an FBI electronic surveillance device proves otherwise
- Season 8 Episode 37: Traces of Truth
A high school gym teacher gives his friend a ride home - and never returns; his wife and friend receive letters, saying he needed to start a new life; foul play is suspected but there is no body.
- Season 8 Episode 36: Duelling Confessions
A teenage girl is killed, and her boyfriend confesses to the crime. When another man turns himself in as well, a further 40 years are needed to solve the case
- Season 8 Episode 35: Grounds for Indictment
A man is killed and another seriously injured in a drive-by shooting. The police have plenty of circumstantial evidence but nothing concrete : until they examine soil taken from the suspect's tyre treads
- Season 8 Episode 34: Web of Seduction
Part one of two. Police investigating a fatal shooting discover no forensic evidence at the dusty and unkempt scene of the crime, but a trawl of computers belonging to the victim's wife and her lover soon yields the information they need
- Season 8 Episode 33: Death by a Salesman
Police investigating a brutal murder in a quiet neighbourhood fail to find any witnesses, but forensic evidence helps them apprehend their suspect in less than 12 hours
- Season 8 Episode 32: Over and Out
Police are mystified as to why a young man and his mother should be the targets of a pipe bomb - until the remnants of a postage label point them in the right direction
- Season 8 Episode 31: Past Lives
Investigators call in the experts when the wife of a wealthy car-crash victim makes a $7million insurance claim - and a chilling trail of fraud and deceit is soon uncovered
- Season 8 Episode 30: Flower Power
A discarded sweet wrapper and a number of tiny seeds are used by forensic scientists to provide evidence in a murder investigation
- Season 8 Episode 29: Smoke in Your Eyes
The bodies of two women are found in the aftermath of an apartment fire, and a small sample of blood helps police investigate their suspicions about the case
- Season 8 Episode 28: Bed of Deceit
A retired police officer is found murdered in his bed and his wife claims his death was suicide. However, a bank surveillance tape calls her explanation into question
- Season 8 Episode 27: True Lies
The murder of Kathleen Lipscomb, whose body was found on a deserted road outside San Antonio in 1986. Investigators believe a diary found years later could solve the case
- Season 8 Episode 26: Letter Perfect
An apparently healthy man dies mysteriously in his sleep, and toxicology tests reveal signs of foul play, causing police to suspect a 'suicide note' holds the key to the case
- Season 8 Episode 25: Sign of the Zodiac
A serial killer announces his intention to kill one person from each sign of the zodiac, until handwriting analysis gives investigators the clues they need
- Season 8 Episode 24: Nailed
A witness in a sexual assault case is murdered just before her appearance in court, leaving forensics to decide whether it was the defendant who killed her
- Season 8 Episode 23: Sphere of Influence
A woman's disappearance in Alaska doesn't arouse suspicions of foul play, until she is discovered shot dead. An eyewitness's evidence reveals more
- Season 8 Episode 22: Bound for Jail
Two decades after a woman's murder, investigators glean incriminating evidence including an old hat and a tiny shard of steel
- Season 8 Episode 21: The Big Chill
A woman is prescribed lithium to treat a mental disorder. When she dies, investigators must decide whether the side effects drove her to suicide
- Season 8 Episode 20: All the World's a Stage
A homicide detective claims his dead wife accidentally shot herself in the head, but his suspicious colleagues turn to a forensic scientist and a ballistics expert to establish what really happened.
- Season 8 Episode 19: Breaking News
America's first DNA databank case succeeds in identifying the rapist and murderer of a TV news producer
- Season 8 Episode 18: Hair of the Dog
A rare gun and a victim's beloved dog help investigators trying to solve a multi-year long murder case where most of the witnesses were admitted drug users.
- Season 8 Episode 17: Brotherhoods
A gay couple are murdered, leading investigators to a white supremacist organisation connected with hate crimes
- Season 8 Episode 16: Private Thoughts
Murder-suicide is suspected when police discover a family dead in their home until investigators start digging deeper.
- Season 8 Episode 15: Within Arm's Reach
A man accused of shooting his estranged wife maintains she committed suicide, and the investigators must establish which of the two versions best fits the evidence
- Season 8 Episode 14: A Welcome Intrusion
A man is hailed as a hero after shooting an intruder found killing his wife, but forensic evidence spins the case in a surprising new direction.
- Season 8 Episode 13: When the Dust Settled
Forensic examiners use a sound test, an electron microscope and a nightgown to explain how a union official was murdered in his bedroom without his wife in the next room hearing a thing
- Season 8 Episode 12: Order Up
A man is found shot dead in his home, and investigators suspect his wife, who claims she was away on a camping trip with her lover at the time of her husband's death
- Season 8 Episode 11: A Wrong Foot
An obscure print found at a crime scene.
- Season 8 Episode 11: A Wrong Foot
A single footprint puts forensic investigators on the trail of a killer after two injured victims fail to identify their attacker
- Season 8 Episode 10: Dinner and a Movie
The forensics team are called in to investigate the murder of a pregnant woman, the circumstances of which bear a suspicious resemblance to scenes in a film recently shown on TV
- Season 8 Episode 9: Shot of Vengeance
When a nurse exhibits signs of flu, doctors are baffled : until it turns out she has been deliberately infected with HIV
- Season 8 Episode 8: All Wet
A woman's 'accidental' drowning bears suspicious similarities to another death, casting doubt on the prime suspect's alibi
- Season 8 Episode 7: Once Bitten
The story of a postman convicted of murder because of a bite mark on the victim. Ten years into his sentence, fresh evidence leads to another trial
- Season 8 Episode 6: Tourist Trap
A bite mark leads police to convict a postman during an investigation into a spate of robberies which resulted in a number of tourists being killed and injured
- Season 8 Episode 5: Shadow of a Doubt
When the prime suspect in a woman's murder produces a solid alibi, a time-stamped video tape showing his activities on the day of the killing is analysed for authenticity
- Season 8 Episode 4: Sign Here
How a forensic handwriting expert found clues pointing to the murderer of a woman seen being bundled into a car
- Season 8 Episode 3: Paintball
New forensic science and microscopic paint particles found in a vacuum cleaner bag help identify a girl's killer 24 years after the crime was committed.
- Season 8 Episode 2: The Music Case
A girl's death is linked to a spate of burglaries when CDs similar to those owned by the victim are found among a cache of stolen goods
- Season 8 Episode 1: Dessert Served Cold
A team of toxicologists investigate the death of a man whose girlfriend's suspicious behaviour led police to believe he was murdered
Forensic Files: Season 7 (2002 - 2006)
- Season 7 Episode 42: Last Will
Authorities are able to apprehend a kidnapper because he allowed his victim to write a will on a telltale pad of paper.
- Season 7 Episode 41: Plastic Fire
The story of a woman who was sentenced to life for killing her mother. Her chances of winning a retrial appeared slim, until an expert witness proposed a different theory
- Season 7 Episode 40: The Sniper's Trail
A random serial sniper is plaguing Virginia and Maryland, with no profile of their victims.
- Season 7 Episode 39: Marathon Man
When a man's body is found on a road near his family ranch, his wife tells police he went jogging, but the trail of evidence leads them back to his home
- Season 7 Episode 38: House Call
Police in St. Petersburg, Fla., use cell phone mapping, wiretapping and a host of forensic evidence to find a surgeon's killer.
- Season 7 Episode 37: Breaking the Mould
Respiratory problems in a three-year-old boy and signs of Alzheimer's disease in his father leave doctors baffled, but an expert on toxic materials believes their home may reveal the cause
- Season 7 Episode 36: X Marks the Spot
Police in St Louis reveal how a computer helped to capture a serial killer
- Season 7 Episode 35: All Charged Up
How a composite drawing of a suspect provided a lead in the hunt for a serial rapist responsible for multiple attacks in Philadelphia and Colorado
- Season 7 Episode 34: Fire Proof
How the latest forensic investigation techniques, such as behavioural profiling, hypnosis and sketch artistry, helped identify a serial arsonist in Seattle
- Season 7 Episode 33: Scratching the Surface
Despite the serial number being scratched off a gun used in a shooting crime, forensic scientists demonstrate how they were able to make the digits reappear using the latest technology and help police trace the weapon's owner
- Season 7 Episode 32: Sleight of Hand
The hunt for an elderly woman's murderer, which took 16 years after fingerprints and a trail of blood were found at the scene of the crime
- Season 7 Episode 31: Sniffing Revenge
The sudden death of a rich woman which baffled investigators, who could find no evidence of foul play, until the widower's ex-wife came forward to tell her story
- Season 7 Episode 30: Tooth or Consequences
The discovery of a charred tooth provides enough evidence to convict the prime suspect in a case involving a woman's disappearance
- Season 7 Episode 29: A Bag of Evidence
The abduction and murder of a nine-year-old girl from her home. Forensic investigators pieced together a trail which led to the arrest of the man who called the police
- Season 7 Episode 28: Elephant Tracks
The brutal murder of an elderly couple, which initially produced no suspects. However, years later, a pawn shop owner made a chance discovery which led police to the killer
- Season 7 Episode 27: A Vow of Silence
The disappearance of a Texan man's mail-order bride was initially seen as suspicious, but when police discovered his two previous wives died mysteriously, he was promptly arrested
- Season 7 Episode 26: Palm Print Conviction
How investigators managed to lift a handprint from the body of a murder victim using superglue fumes, and so gained enough evidence to catch her killer
- Season 7 Episode 25: Dressed to Kill
The disappearance of a six-year-old girl. Investigators initially accepted a confession from her father, who failed the polygraph test, but 10 years later, the truth was discovered
- Season 7 Episode 24: Extreme Makeover
- Season 7 Episode 24: The Metal Business
Toxicologists discover the cause of a 62-year-old businessman's failing health where doctors were unable to diagnose the condition
- Season 7 Episode 23: Cold Storage
How forensic teams solved a case in which the friends of a talented dancer came under suspicion from the girl's parents following her disappearance
- Season 7 Episode 22: Frozen in Time
The disappearance of a teenage girl who vanished while returning from a concert. Police found her abandoned truck with one tyre blown, but had to wait three years to find her body
- Season 7 Episode 21: Telltale Tracks
A case involving an abandoned car in Philadelphia. Police found the driver's body the next day, and unusual marks on her corpse led investigators to her killer
- Season 7 Episode 20: A Ghost in the Machine
How a Presbyterian minister's wife was discovered to have ingested large doses of different medications, leading investigators to suspect she was the victim of a murder plot
- Season 7 Episode 19: Sip of Sins
Forensic scientists use DNA testing to reveal the sinister truth about a respected Sunday school teacher in a murder investigation
- Season 7 Episode 18: A Bitter Pill to Swallow
A mother-to-be discovers her fiance may be to blame for the severity of the side-effects associated with her pregnancy
- Season 7 Episode 17: Chief Evidence
The murder of a couple during a suspected drug deal baffles police when the pair are found to be clean of any narcotics, until their pet dog gives investigators a new lead
- Season 7 Episode 16: Within a Hair
The investigation into sexual assaults on four women in Indiana during the summer of 1996. A man was arrested and convicted for the crimes, but new evidence casts doubt on his guilt
- Season 7 Episode 15: Partners in Crime
The murderers who burned their victim's body to try to cover their crime, but failed to conceal 24 stab wounds found during forensic examinationsToday at 10:30pm EDT - HLN
- Season 7 Episode 14: A Leg to Stand On
Phoenix police pursue a murderer-mutilator with little more to go on than the severed leg of a victim; anthropology, toxicology and DNA testing all come into play.
- Season 7 Episode 13: A Touching Recollection
An 18-year-old girl's abduction from her home. Determined to prove the identity of her kidnapper, she deliberately left DNA at the crime sceneToday at 10:00pm EDT - HLN
- Season 7 Episode 12: Scout's Honor
The study of insects provides experts with vital clues as to when a murder took place and whether the man accused is actually guilty
- Season 7 Episode 11: A Clutch of Witnesses
A case in which two witnesses reported seeing a truck drive over an apparently unconscious man. They retreated to the safety of a bar, but when police arrived, they found nothing
- Season 7 Episode 10: Without a Prayer
The disappearance of Madalyn Murray O'Hair, the founder of organisation American Atheists. Investigators have a number of suspects, until a mutilated body helps reveal the culprit
- Season 7 Episode 9: A Shot in the Dark
A bizarre case in which a woman was shot dead. Investigators initially suspected her husband of the crime, but forensic evidence gave the story a surreal twistTomorrow at 8:30pm EDT - HLN
- Season 7 Episode 8: Bioattack
A mass food poisoning in Oregon in 1984, where investigators tracked the outbreak to a cult who intended to use germ warfare to overthrow the American governmentTomorrow at 8:00pm EDT - HLN
- Season 7 Episode 7: Purr-Fect Match
How cat hair helped police identify a killer, after forensic investigators traced the feline fur discovered in a car along with the body of a woman
- Season 7 Episode 6: A Bite Out Of Crime
The manhunt launched as police tried to catch a serial rapist. When their original suspect was brought into custody, investigators lacked enough evidence to prove their case
- Season 7 Episode 5: The Alibi
When a teenage student is murdered and left in a deserted field, the authorities ask 51 of her friends to agree to DNA testing; shockingly, the evidence implicates her best friend Ken, yet he has an alibi for the night of the crime.
- Season 7 Episode 4: Who's Your Daddy?
The murder of a young prostitute who was found dead in an Ohio waterway. Investigators faced an uphill battle to find her killer, as DNA evidence had washed away and a number of policemen featured on the woman's client listTomorrow at 4:30pm EDT - HLN
- Season 7 Episode 3: Reel Danger
Although a group of teenage thugs are suspected of attacking two boys on a fishing trip, there is no solid evidence; murky fishing hole, however, provides some answers.
- Season 7 Episode 2: Forever Hold Your Peace
The story of a woman who was raped and murdered in a pizza restaurant. A man was jailed after confessing to the crime, but, eight years later, a new confession reopened the case
- Season 7 Episode 1: The Cheater
The real-life detective series ventures into the music world and asks how an American hit single from 1966 -The Cheater, by Bob Kuban and the In-Men foreshadowed the demise of their lead singer, Walter Scott.Tomorrow at 4:00pm EDT - HLN
Forensic Files: Season 6 (2001 - 2004)
- Season 6 Episode 30: Shopping Spree
Series revealing how the latest forensic techniques help solve crimes. A mother and daughter disappear without any trace. The girl's body is then found on a roadside with still no sign of the mother's whereabouts. Forensic investigators have to determine whether she is a suspect in her daughter's murder or a victim.Tomorrow at 2:30pm EDT - HLN
- Season 6 Episode 29: Treading Not So Lightly
A vehicle accident which leaves a young girl critically injured is deemed to be a hit-and-run; the girl's mother believes she can trace the driver and, using her own detective skills, goes on to gather evidence about the driver's identity.Tomorrow at 2:00pm EDT - HLN
- Season 6 Episode 28: Naked Justice
The pregnant wife of a young, successful attorney is found dead from a shotgun wound to the head; detailed analysis suggests that it wasn't suicide.Tomorrow at 3:30am EDT - HLN
- Season 6 Episode 27: Cats, Flies and Snapshots
A young woman goes missing without leaving many clues, but the advanced technology on offer makes it possible for cat hears and insects to help build an image of the abductor.Tomorrow at 3:00am EDT - HLN
- Season 6 Episode 26: Double Trouble
The similarities between an attack on a Maine State Trooper and the murder of a woman in New Jersey speed up the investigation into the killer's identity.
- Season 6 Episode 25: Bagging a Killer
When a nine-year-old girl vanishes on her way to school, the entire community help with the search; detectives believe her mother may be involved, and a hidden fingerprint seals the case.
- Season 6 Episode 24: Pastoral Care
How the death of a female prison guard led to an investigation which revealed clues to a murder from 10 years earlier
- Season 6 Episode 23: Sibling Rivalry
A look at the case of a leading pornographer who shot his brother. Investigators study the recording of the emergency call to find out why
- Season 6 Episode 22: Punch Line
Despite a patient's claim that the cut to his hand had been caused by a dumpster, the doctor treating the injury recognized it as something else - and soon became the chief witness in a murder case.
- Season 6 Episode 21: Where the Blood Drops
A murder suspect's son who enrolled at law school and studied until he discovered the evidence needed to clear his mother's name
- Season 6 Episode 20: Root of All Evil
When the wife of a farmer disappears, there are no clues to her whereabouts and even when the farmer's former lover turns up with a tale of murder and cremation, there is no way to test her story.
- Season 6 Episode 19: Pure Evil
The search for the killer of two teenagers in Texas shows a behavioral study on how most serial killers also have a history of abusing animals.
- Season 6 Episode 18: Bad Blood
When a young doctor is accused of sedating and sexually assaulting two of his female patients; DNA tests show him to be innocent, but the women persist with their claims, and seven years later a private investigation leads to a surprising discovery.
- Season 6 Episode 17: Line of Fire
Fundamentalist group is accused of robbing banks, authorities know they are dealing with experienced criminals and overwhelming evidence but the defense is very well funded.
- Season 6 Episode 16: Skin of Her Teeth
A killer wants to outwit the police and keep the identity of his victim secret so he removes the teeth; however, lab tests on the skull reveal not just the horrific nature of the murder, but the identity of the victim too.
- Season 6 Episode 15: Killer's Cattle Log
Cattle auctions, dud cheques and homeless drifters lead police to an elderly couple who are found to be responsible for a series of murders
- Season 6 Episode 14: Treads and Threads
How a tyre impression and a few threads led Florida police officers to identify a serial killer
- Season 6 Episode 13: Horse Play
A woman dies in a horseback-riding accident, but investigators find facts that make her husband a murder suspect.
- Season 6 Episode 12: Whodunnit
How scientists uncovered a trail of deceit and medical trickery in their bid to learn the truth about a badly burned body
- Season 6 Episode 11: Photo Finish
A professional photographer is linked to a missing model after vital evidence is uncovered by a park ranger
- Season 6 Episode 10: Church Disappearance
The disappearance of a six-year-old girl from a church service leads investigators to a taxi driver who was in the area at the time
- Season 6 Episode 9: Soft Touch
How technology enables fingerprint evidence to be taken from fabrics such as curtains : a scientific advance which proved vital in identifying a woman's killer
- Season 6 Episode 8: Frozen Evidence
Investigators race against time to preserve evidence of a criminal's footprints found in the snow
- Season 6 Episode 7: Mistaken for Dead
The investigation of a man's death in a doctor's office reveals an insurance fraud involving stolen bodies and false identities
- Season 6 Episode 6: Fire Dot Com: Hinson
How a woman charged with murdering her child in a house fire conducted her own investigations, bringing into doubt the government's conclusions
- Season 6 Episode 5: Death Play
A Shakespearean play forces a girl to reveal the truth about the death of her father, who was thought to have died from a heart attack
- Season 6 Episode 4: Hand Delivered
How laser technology was used to trace the sender of an anonymous letter containing information about a murder and to discover the city, street and office number from where it was posted
- Season 6 Episode 3: Man's Best Friend
How a girl's parents were jailed for her murder despite their claim that she was killed by the family dogs. Five years later, forensic scientists spot vital evidence
- Season 6 Episode 2: Missing Pearl
How forensic techniques helped find the body of a missing woman after a trail of blood petered out
- Season 6 Episode 1: Missing in Time
A man becomes the prime suspect when his wife is missing presumed dead after a domestic dispute - but new evidence comes to light suggesting he may have been framed
Forensic Files: Season 5 (2001 - 2002)
- Season 5 Episode 18: Video Diary
The killer in a petrol station shooting is identified when cutting edge technology and forensic experts are brought together in the analysis of poor quality CCTV footage
- Season 5 Episode 17: Journey to Justice
A prosecutor uses a ground-breaking video reconstruction in court to demonstrate how a drink-driving accident occurred
- Season 5 Episode 16: Second Shot at Love
Experts uncover the violent history and insatiable greed of a respected heart surgeon's wife as they investigate his alleged suicide
- Season 5 Episode 15: Time Will Tell
How the latest forensic techniques helped solve the death of a money launderer who drowned while tied to an anchor in the ocean
- Season 5 Episode 14: Broken Promises
A man who died from what appeared to be an accidental gunshot wound, a case that turned into a murder investigation - with his widow as prime suspect - when police learned her previous husband suffered a similar fate
- Season 5 Episode 13: Deadly Knowledge
When a young woman goes missing, the police investigation reveals that she led a double life - student by day, call girl by night; but when her body is discovered, even more strange truths are uncovered.
- Season 5 Episode 12: Foundation of Lies
When the wife of a well-known doctor goes missing, the authorities believe a shady adoption ring may be involved, but the focus shifts when the doctor is seen with another woman who claims to be his wife.
- Season 5 Episode 11: Lasting Impression
When the police have no information about the identity of a dead girl's body, the victim of a stabbing provides a clue - she thinks she might have witnessed the murder.
- Season 5 Episode 10: Nursery Crimes
An investigation into the high child mortality rate at a Texas hospital, which revealed that a particular nurse was on duty in almost all cases. The discovery of an unlikely murder weapon provided sufficient proof to build a case against her
- Season 5 Episode 9: Killigraphy
Detectives think the marks on a victim's body implicate a man in his wife's murder, but medical detectives have an alternative theory about how the scars were caused
- Season 5 Episode 8: Material Evidence
The application of modern technology to crime-fighting, revealing how unusual orange fibres found near a corpse provided the only clue to a girl's murder
- Season 5 Episode 7: Trail of Truth
Investigators attempt to prove their prime suspect raped and murdered a mother and her two daughters.
- Season 5 Episode 6: Memories
A pregnant woman who is attacked in her own home loses her memory. She later identifies her husband as the culprit - but 16 years on, new DNA evidence casts doubt on her story
- Season 5 Episode 5: Burning Ambition
Forensic scientists search the ashes of a blaze for clues to determine how the fire was started, and discover it may not have been ignited by a cigarette as was first thought
- Season 5 Episode 4: A Voice from Beyond
A decomposed body is found in a barrel, and a dilapidated address book may hold the answer.
- Season 5 Episode 3: A Woman Scorned
A husband accused of killing his wife and her infant son is proven innocent when forensics discover a blonde hair at the crime scene
- Season 5 Episode 2: Dew Process
Forensic evidence from fibres provide clues to the murder of a dentist's wife committed two years previously - and disproves a confession to the killing
- Season 5 Episode 1: Badge of Deceit
How computer studies and behavioural science combine to create the forensic technique of geographical profiling, which helped police catch a rapist
Forensic Files: Season 4 (2004 - 2005)
- Season 4 Episode 14: Slippery Motives
The police grow suspicious of a man when his wife drowns in the bath and an autopsy reveals a series of bruises on her body
- Season 4 Episode 13: With Every Breath
How the FBI worked with Navajo medicine men to identify what had caused the deaths of children from their reservation
- Season 4 Episode 12: Haunting Vision
The disturbing tale of an American woman who experienced visions of her mother being killed by her father 30 years previously, although it was uncertain whether the events actually occurred
- Season 4 Episode 11: Core Evidence
A baby's death prompts a police investigation when she is discovered to have died from E-coli poisoning and the trail of bacteria is traced to contaminated apple juice
- Season 4 Episode 10: Accident or Murder?
A housewife is found dead at the foot of a flight of stairs, but the police initially rule out foul play : until her husband claims the life insurance and takes up with a new woman
- Season 4 Episode 8: Ties That Bind
Using forensic techniques, investigators try to uncover the murder of two boys who were killed in a similar way three months apart
- Season 4 Episode 7: Til Death Do Us Part
How police became suspicious when they discovered traces of thallium in a deceased man's body, causing them to re-examine his 'accidental' death
- Season 4 Episode 6: Innocence Lost
The case of a young girl's abduction, solved by police when fibres left at the scene were matched with those recovered from the car of their prime suspect
- Season 4 Episode 5: Cement the Cases
A man confesses to his wife's bizarre murder, but the police are unconvinced. It needs the intervention of a dentist and a forensic geologist to find the real killer
- Season 4 Episode 3: Killing Room
How faint blood splatters found on a wall during the search for a missing man alerted police to a love triangle gone tragically wrong
- Season 4 Episode 2: Invisible Intruder
An unusual murder case in which a woman was injured and her two children were killed, though the assailant left little evidence of his presence
Forensic Files: Season 3 (1998 - 2004)
- Season 3 Episode 13: Out of the Ashes
How police forensic teams used blood found at a murder scene to capture the killer of an 18-year-old woman, who was killed by her boyfriend when she refused his sexual demands
- Season 3 Episode 12: Broken Bond
An investigation into the cause of a baby's sleep disorder, which mysteriously stopped when it was taken away from its mother
- Season 3 Episode 11: Speck of Evidence
How police solved the case of a missing nine-year-old when they recovered a fragment of paint from a convicted child molester's car
- Season 3 Episode 10: Crime Seen
How DNA evidence finally exonerated a prisoner after he had been wrongly sentenced to three life sentences for rape and sodomy by a Virginia court in 1984
- Season 3 Episode 9: Beaten by a Hair
How a partial thumb print and single wig fibre led to detectives discovering what happened to a 23-year-old woman who disappeared without a trace, revealing a tale of murder, madness and mistaken identity
- Season 3 Episode 8: Deadly Formula
Detectives learn that a genetic disorder caused the deaths of a woman's children, resulting in an overturned conviction.
- Season 3 Episode 7: Grave Evidence
A car accident which killed a young man develops into a sinister case when detectives believe it was murder. The results of the investigation devastate three families
- Season 3 Episode 6: Similar Circumstances
The police investigation into the kidnap of Robert and Paula Sims' baby daughter, which uncovered a similar incident that had taken place three years previously
- Season 3 Episode 5: Deadly Delivery
A bomber who appeared to be targeting members of the legal profession was tracked down after the police asked the FBI to draw up a psychological profile of the offender
- Season 3 Episode 4: Foreign Body
A Californian doctor claims to have proof that the human form of BSE can be contracted through eating infected beef
- Season 3 Episode 3: The Talking Skull
Insight into how forensic work revealed that human remains found on a campsite belonged to a pregnant woman who had been missing for five years, ultimately leading to the arrest and conviction of the victim's husband : a Scout leader
- Season 3 Episode 2: Knot for Everyone
A series of murders near Sacramento, Calif., where prostitutes were gagged and molested, their clothes cut in random patterns and their hair cut off.
- Season 3 Episode 1: Without a Trace
The puzzling deaths of two dinner guests in Nebraska in 1978 which confounded police until they realised both victims had consumed lemonade laced with poison - the discovery of which led them to an embittered killer
Forensic Files: Season 2 (2004)
- Season 2 Episode 13: Deadly Parasites
Discovering the largest water-borne outbreak of gastrointestinal illness in the US, when adverse weather conditions contaminated Lake Michigan with manure from Wisconsin's dairy herds
- Season 2 Episode 12: Micro-clues
How police used scientific techniques to detect where a boy was murdered, enabling them to link the case to a man arrested for another vicious killing
- Season 2 Episode 11: Postal Mortem
Scientists prove the injured victim of a blast was actually the person who constructed and delivered the bomb
- Season 2 Episode 10: Sealed With a Kiss
A primary school teacher claims a colleague has resorted to a smear campaign to oust her from her position. The facts seem to bear out her allegations : but will DNA tests back up her story or tell an entirely different tale?
- Season 2 Episode 9: Something's Fishy
How a link was established between two poisoning cases, when traces of a chemical used to kill algae in fish tanks were discovered by investigators in both of the victims
- Season 2 Episode 8: Charred Remains
The use of forensic evidence to solve crimes, focusing on the discovery of a woman's charred remains which led police to uncover a tale of drugs, greed and murder
- Season 2 Episode 7: Fatal Fungus
How investigators traced a series of outbreaks of bleeding lungs in infants to a deadly black fungus which was growing in water-damaged houses in a Cleveland neighbourhood
- Season 2 Episode 6: The Blood Trail
A farmer fears someone is conducting a vendetta against him and his wife, but investigations reveal all is not as it seems
- Season 2 Episode 5: Bitter Potion
A woman's mysterious flu-like symptoms are diagnosed as something far more sinister, leading investigators to take an interest in one of her neighbours' passion for chemistry
- Season 2 Episode 4: Sex, Lies and DNA
How a man who killed his wife and set fire to her body on his boat was convicted of her murder, when incriminating blood samples were taken from the family home
- Season 2 Episode 3: Killer Fog
How experts investigated a thick fog's regular appearance over an American interstate - which led to a spate of fatal car crashes over a 15-year period - and found the trail seemed to end at the doors of a local paper plant
- Season 2 Episode 2: The Dirty Deed
The work of forensic teams in proving a missing couple's son was responsible for their disappearance, leading to the recovery of the body and the killer's conviction
- Season 2 Episode 1: Common Thread
The discovery of carpet fibres linked ten unsolved murders in Florida in 1984, but the police still couldn't crack the case until a 17-year-old girl managed to escape from her captor and provide the final clue to catch the killer
Forensic Files: Season 1 (2001 - 2002)
- Season 1 Episode 13: Raw Terror
Investigation into the effects of badly prepared food and the spread of the potentially fatal E-coli virus, including the story of an 11-year-old who nearly died
- Season 1 Episode 12: The List Murders
How a man who murdered his family was traced after 18 years on the run, using the latest technology to create an artificially-aged sculptured model of his likeness
- Season 1 Episode 11: Outbreak
Scientists in South Dakota discover many residents have high levels of animal thyroid hormones in their systems - apart from one boy who doesn't eat meat
- Season 1 Episode 10: Insect Clues
How the work of entomologist David Faulkner helped track down the killer of Sandra Cwik, whose body was found in 1988, decomposing and riddled with maggots
- Season 1 Episode 9: Deadly Neighbourhoods
Investigations into whether buried poisons, electrical substations and other modern environmental agents could be responsible for outbreaks of cancer and leukaemia across America
- Season 1 Episode 8: The Wilson Murder
A doctor is found dead in a pool of his own blood and the prime suspect is a local handyman who is caught with the victim's credit cards, but his claims incriminate the victim's wife
- Season 1 Episode 7: Legionnaire's Disease
In 1976, 180 war veterans in Philadelphia were hospitalized with pneumonia-like symptoms and 29 died. The disease resurfaces every few years.
- Season 1 Episode 6: Southside Strangler
Advances in DNA profiling lead to the conviction of a serial rapist in Virginia, and pave the way for the man originally convicted of the crimes to be released
- Season 1 Episode 5: Planted Evidence
A molecular scientist in Arizona investigates seed pods found in a murder suspect's car - and finds they came from a tree near the crime scene
- Season 1 Episode 4: The Footpath Murders
Pioneering genetic fingerprinting techniques are used to hunt down a man who committed murders in 1983 and 1986
- Season 1 Episode 3: The House That Roared
Police investigate when a woman goes missing and bloodstains are discovered at her home
- Season 1 Episode 2: The Magic Bullet
A 15-year-old boy is shot in the head in the lobby of a gun club, and ballistics, laser technology and forensic animation are used to solve the case
- Season 1 Episode 1: The Disappearance of Helle Crafts
The mysterious disappearance of a woman who discovered her husband had been having an affair. Did she return to her native Denmark, or is there a more gruesome explanation?
Forensic Files: Other Episodes
- Speck of Evidence
A speck of bicycle paint and a speck of nickel tie a suspect to the murder of a 9-year-old.
- Stand In
- Sole Searching
A shoe impression leads investigators on the right track to finding a killer.
- Hot on the Trail
An arsonist is on the loose in Washington, D.C.
- Murder on the Menu
Detectives question the staff of a historic restaurant when the head chef is found dead.
- Picture This
When a grounded teenager disappears from her California home, police suspect that she is a runaway until her body is found several days later.
- Photo Finish; Sibling Rivalry
Police find photographs in a big trash bin leading them to a model's murderer; computer animation helps investigators determine whether a shooting was premeditated.
- The Tamika Huston Case
When a young woman disappears, police think an abusive ex-boyfriend is to blame.
- Black Friday (The Robert Erik Denney Case)
A woman's murder goes unsolved for almost two years until a tiny drop of saliva revives the police investigation.Sunday 24th May 3:00am EDT - Cable News Network
- The Kathy Augustine Case
Authorities delve into the facts surrounding the suspicious death of a prominent politician who apparently died of a heart attack during her campaign for office.
- All Fall Down
- Mortal Sins
- Freedom of Information
- Covert Operation
- Picture Perfect
- In Her Bones
- Bump and Run
An abandoned car is found with the engine running and the driver's door open.
- Bioattack/A Bitter Pill to Swallow
Alarmed by the severity of her morning sickness, a pregnant woman suspects foul play; disease detectives investigate a suspicious case of mass food-poisoning in Oregon.
- The Cheater/Naked Justice
A song called 'The Cheater' foreshadows a singer's demise; investigators analyze blood to determine if a gunshot wound was self-inflicted.
- Pillow Talk
An arson investigator's depressed wife burns to death.
- Unholy Vows
War criminals who moved to the United States are captured many years later thanks to forensic technology.
- Bad Blood; Badge of Deceit
An accused rapist has blood taken from his arm on several occasions, but the results are misleading; after more than a decade, geographical profiling enables police to catch a rapist.
- A Tight Leash
A stalker who was able to steal his victim's alarm code and personal photos is caught out by his threatening letters
- Ring Him Up
New scientific testing sheds light on a ten-year-old case involving a missing college student
- If I Were You
A daughter uncovers a mystery surrounding her father when she realises something is wrong with him, even though she lives more than a 1,000 miles away
- Shoot to Kill
How the latest scientific and forensic techniques can help solve puzzling crimes