Forensic Files: Season 10 (2009 - 2011)
- Season 10 Episode 60: Expert Witness
A young mother is sexually assaulted and killed in her home, the killer was meticulous in washing everything, but left behind a single hair.
- Season 10 Episode 59: Funeral Services
A mask is discovered near the crime scene and police are hoping that it will lead to the killer of a funeral director.
- Season 10 Episode 58: The Tamika Huston Case
When a young woman disappears, police think an abusive ex-boyfriend is to blame.
- Season 10 Episode 57: Auto-Motive
A woman goes missing amidst a contentious divorce.
- Season 10 Episode 56: Seeing Red
A high school student disappears, then a prostitute is murdered causing police to believe they may be linked.
- Season 10 Episode 55: Gone Ballistic
A real estate developer is shot and his wife becomes the prime suspect, until the bullet is linked to a weapon reported missing 20 years ago.
- Season 10 Episode 54: Trail of a Killer
A community is shocked when police discover a woman raped and murdered in broad daylight on a public trail.
- Season 10 Episode 53: Fate Date
The killer removed the computer that links him to the murder of a woman and her soon-to-be ex-husband that he had met online.
- Season 10 Episode 52: Low Maintenance
A young college student is found dead in her apartment and the autopsy rules the death a homicide.
- Season 10 Episode 51: Social Circle
Four young adults are murdered and the crime scene yields little results, until a neighbor reports seeing two people in black the night of the crime.
- Season 10 Episode 50: Water Logged
An Ohio woman and her two daughters go missing while vacationing in Florida.
- Season 10 Episode 49: The Tara Munsey Case
Community searches deliver devastating results when a teenage girl goes missing, investigators begin hunting a killer.
- Season 10 Episode 47: A Touch Of Evil
A dismembered body is dumped on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike and before police realize it, bodies are turning up between two states.
- Season 10 Episode 46: Freeze Framed
A man is found dead of an apparent suicide. But soon after, information emerges which reveals a much more menacing scenario.
- Season 10 Episode 45: The Effie Ratley Case
A husband saves his wife and child from a burning trailer, but one month later she is killed in her sleep, all evidence leads to the husband.
- Season 10 Episode 44: The Ari Squire Case
A man perishes in a fire while working in his garage and his death is initially ruled an accident until a Forensic Odontologist changes the direction of the case.
- Season 10 Episode 43: The Susan Fassett Case
A church member is gunned down after leaving choir practice. Witnesses see little and evidence is scarce.
- Season 10 Episode 42: Hell's Kitchen
A woman has an accidental fall down a flight of stairs, or was it staged to look like that.
- Season 10 Episode 41: Hear No Evil
Police receive a call about an abandoned car they believe is linked to a missing woman.
- Season 10 Episode 40: Purebread Murder
A young woman is found murdered in her bathtub; the Christina Sanoubane case.
- Season 10 Episode 39: Best Foot Forward
A young woman goes missing; a business tycoon caught in a scandal.
- Season 10 Episode 38: Pet Rock
A quiet waitress vanishes without a trace; police suspect a date gone wrong.
- Season 10 Episode 37: Lights Out
Cold case detectives are baffled by the murder of a young housewife.
- Season 10 Episode 36: Dirty Little Seacret
A couple embarks on a traditional holiday but never return.
- Season 10 Episode 35: Waste Mis-Management (The Glenda Furch Case)
The absence of a woman's body complicates a murder investigation.
- Season 10 Episode 34: Watchful Eye (The Carrie Nelson Case)
The brutal murder of a state park employee over $2,000 rattles her co-workers and tourists while leaving police to sift through hundreds of leads.
- Season 10 Episode 33: Runaway Love (The Barbara Mullenix Case)
After a woman is found dead at a yacht club in California in an apparent case of love gone wrong, investigators discover her home life was as dramatic as films made in nearby Hollywood.
- Season 10 Episode 32: Palm Saturday (The Brian & Beverly Mauck Case)
All signs point to a professional hit after an attractive young couple is found slain at home in Graham, Wash.
- Season 10 Episode 31: Family Interrupted (The Bart Whitaker Case)
A masked gunman kills two members of a family and wounds two others after they interrupt his burglary at their upscale suburban home.
- Season 10 Episode 30: Shoe-in for Murder (The Crystal Perry Case)
A 12-year-old is the only witness to her mother's death and is unable to provide investigators with many details in Maine.
- Season 10 Episode 29: Office Visit (The Dr. Brian Stidham Case)
After a prominent Arizona surgeon is found stabbed to death outside his office, investigators uncover an unlikely suspect with deep pockets and an even deeper hatred for the doctor.
- Season 10 Episode 28: Separation Anxiety
A wild fire in a secluded parking lot leads police to discover a dreadful homicide.
- Season 10 Episode 27: Cold Feet (The Julie Stoverink Estes Case)
Police use the latest scientific and forensic techniques to identify the killer of a convenience-store clerk whose bound, half-naked body was found in woods following a robbery at the shop almost twenty years previously
- Season 10 Episode 26: Hundreds of Reasons (The Stephen Holmes Story)
An assistant manager is murdered while closing a Florida steakhouse for the night.
- Season 10 Episode 25: Writing on the Wall (The Karen Pannell Case)
Investigators face a growing list of suspects after a beautiful flight attendant is brutally murdered in her own home.
- Season 10 Episode 24: Covet Thy Neighbor (The Olamide Elizabeth Adeyooye Story)
A student's concerned family reports her as being missing from the University of Illinois.
- Season 10 Episode 23: Sign of the Crime (The Renee Powell/Barbara Powell Case)
Unsettling evidence is found in the rubble from a fire in a Seattle woman's apartment that is soon followed by another blaze just 100 feet from the first, with clues indicating a serial killer is at work.
- Season 10 Episode 22: Deadly Rebellion (The Joshua Ashbrook Case)
After a habitual runaway is found dead, police suspect people she would turn to in a crisis.
- Season 10 Episode 21: All That Glitters Is Gold
How the latest scientific and forensic techniques can help solve puzzling crimes, focusing on the kidnapping and murder of 20-year-old student Megan Barroso in Moorpark, California. Vital clues were discovered when the victim's bullet-riddled car was found on a motorway
- Season 10 Episode 20: Hair Line (The Eric Miller Case)
After a young scientist dies from a mystery illness, investigators discover evidence in his hair that might help identify his killer.
- Season 10 Episode 19: Dollars and Sense
A man is found dead almost 100 miles from his home.
- Season 10 Episode 18: Black Friday (The Robert Erik Denney Case)
A woman's murder goes unsolved for almost two years until a tiny drop of saliva revives the police investigation.
- Season 10 Episode 17: Needle in a Haystack
Examining the use of modern scientific and forensic techniques in the investigation of the murder of University of Florida student Michelle Herndon in 2005. No clues were initially apparent, until a small needle mark was discovered on the victim's arm
- Season 10 Episode 16: Holy Terror (The Illinois Church Bombings)
A rare type of wire, a rhinestone dog collar and a hypnotist help detectives investigating a string of church bombings in Illinois.
- Season 10 Episode 15: Trouble Brewing (The Virginia Russell Case)
DNA, ballistics and a six-pack of beer help solve the case of a murdered high-priced call girl.
- Season 10 Episode 14: Family Ties (The Christoper Porco Case)
A couple is brutally attacked at home, leaving the husband dead, the wife gravely injured and their son as a prime suspect.
- Season 10 Episode 13: As Fault (The Michelle Johnson Case)
A young mother goes missing after a night out.
- Season 10 Episode 12: Drowning Sorrows (The Florence Unger Case)
Investigators try to prove foul play caused a woman to fall to her death during a family vacation.
- Season 10 Episode 11: Dirty Laundry (The Robert Bosley Case)
Police launch a massive manhunt after a Kentucky businessman is shot and killed at home in front of his wife.
- Season 10 Episode 10: Smiley Face (The Brenda Robinson Case)
Forensic evidence leads police to a sadistic serial rapist after years of investigation in Delaware and Maryland.
- Season 10 Episode 9: DNA Dragnet (The Fredrick Evins Murders)
Forensic investigators try to stop a killer who is apparently responsible for two slayings in a community in South Carolina.
- Season 10 Episode 8: Seedy Intentions (The Cindy Allinger Case)
A girl goes missing during a Fourth of July celebration, then turns up dead with seeds planting the only clue to the identity of her killer.
- Season 10 Episode 7: Church Dis-service (The Dawania Dacosta Case)
A woman heads home after church, but never makes it there alive, triggering a homicide investigation.
- Season 10 Episode 6: Fashion Police (The Jeremie Ryan Overstreet Case)
After a recently divorced mother is found brutally murdered in her apartment, detectives find a mismatched button and follow the thread back to her killer.
- Season 10 Episode 5: Unmasked (The Stevie Green Case)
A community in Texas becomes paralyzed by fear while police try to identify the masked man behind a string of sexual assaults.
- Season 10 Episode 4: Sworded Scheme
A college student turns up dead and her boyfriend becomes a prime suspect when blood splatters are discovered on his wall.
- Season 10 Episode 3: Calculated Coincidence (The Drew Planten Case)
A nosy neighbor with a disturbing obsession becomes a suspect in a woman's murder at an upscale apartment complex; police discover an incredible link to an unrelated murder thousands of miles away.
- Season 10 Episode 2: Time Well Served (The Juli Busken Case)
A DNA dragnet catches a killer eight years after the kidnapping, rape and murder of a college coed in Oklahoma.
- Season 10 Episode 1: Kidnapping (The Ginger Hayes Murder)
A family vacation turns into a terrifying search for a missing wife and baby, then becomes a manhunt for a killer who committed a horrific crime.
- 10 Episode 48: Textbook Murder
A young bride-to-be is gunned down in her own home. The attack is personal and as investigators start digging, they uncover the man she loved was living a lie.
Forensic Files: Season 9 (2004 - 2008)
- Season 9 Episode 36: Stranger in the Night (The Dorothy Donovan Case)
After a Delaware man's mother is found dead, he tells a story that's so improbable police think it can't possibly be true.
- Season 9 Episode 35: Window Watcher (The Johnathan Graham Case)
After a couple is attacked in their home, a bloody footprint on the kitchen floor seems to be the only clue left by the intruder, so the case becomes dormant for nearly two decades until an experimental test is tried.
- Season 9 Episode 34: Home Evasion (The Judy Southern Case)
A shooting victim mutters the name of her apparent assailant before dying, but fingerprint comparisons, handwriting analysis, ballistics and DNA testing show someone else close to home is the true killer.
- Season 9 Episode 33: Constructive Criticism (The Darrell North Murder)
The brutal murder of a construction site foreman looks like the work of a disgruntled employee, but forensic science points to an unlikely suspect.
- Season 9 Episode 32: Last Dance (The Rachel Siani Case)
After police identify a murder victim thanks to her butterfly necklace, they discover several co-workers had vendettas against the victim.
- Season 9 Episode 31: Dancing With the Devil
A female killer leaves police few clues to work with and escapes detection - until investigators are put on her trail when they hear of another crime committed years later and hundreds of miles away, in which an exotic dancer is alleged to have got away with murder
- Season 9 Episode 30: Double Cross
Two people are killed in a botched robbery at a Virginia apartment.
- Season 9 Episode 29: The Kathy Augustine Case
Authorities delve into the facts surrounding the suspicious death of a prominent politician who apparently died of a heart attack during her campaign for office.
- Season 9 Episode 21: Seeds for Doubt
How the latest forensic techniques helped detectives solve the case of a well-respected nurse who was killed in a car accident
- Season 9 Episode 16: Brotherly Love
Police search for a woman for over a decade after she disappears and leaves behind a mysterious note.
- Season 9 Episode 15: Traffic Violations
Cell phone records and a unique shoe print provide police with the leads they need to find a killer.
- Season 9 Episode 14: Deadly Parasites
Discovering the largest water-borne outbreak of gastrointestinal illness in the US, when adverse weather conditions contaminated Lake Michigan with manure from Wisconsin's dairy herds
- Season 9 Episode 9: Common Thread
The discovery of carpet fibres linked ten unsolved murders in Florida in 1984, but the police still couldn't crack the case until a 17-year-old girl managed to escape from her captor and provide the final clue to catch the killer
- Season 9 Episode 8: If I Were You
A daughter uncovers a mystery surrounding her father when she realises something is wrong with him, even though she lives more than a 1,000 miles away
- Season 9 Episode 7: Broken Bond
An investigation into the cause of a baby's sleep disorder, which mysteriously stopped when it was taken away from its mother
- Season 9 Episode 4: Killer Impressions
The case of a woman whose death was deemed an accident 16 years earlier is reopened due to a man claiming it was murder, but when the tipster is killed the police track down a possible serial killer
- Season 9 Episode 2: No Safe Place
A Louisiana couple are attacked by armed thieves who force the woman to open a hidden safe - but investigators have little evidence as the criminals had their faces covered
Forensic Files: Season 8 (2004 - 2007)
- Season 8 Episode 40: Water Hazard
Police investigate the murder of a man who died through ingesting cyanide. They find a clue in a mailing envelope which leads them to a dangerous killer
- Season 8 Episode 38: Foreign Body
A Californian doctor claims to have proof that the human form of BSE can be contracted through eating infected beef
- Season 8 Episode 37: Murder She Wrote
A victim of depression is found dead in what appears to be a straightforward case of suicide - until the discovery of a note hidden in a china cabinet leads investigators to her killer
- Season 8 Episode 36: Concrete Alibi
A forensic geologist helps solve the murder of an aspiring model whose boyfriend was initially suspected of complicity in her death
- Season 8 Episode 35: Invisible Intruder
An unusual murder case in which a woman was injured and her two children were killed, though the assailant left little evidence of his presence
- Season 8 Episode 34: Beaten by a Hair
How a partial thumb print and single wig fibre led to detectives discovering what happened to a 23-year-old woman who disappeared without a trace, revealing a tale of murder, madness and mistaken identity
- Season 8 Episode 33: Saving Face
A look at how detectives used DNA samples to solve the mystery of three women who disappeared without a trace
- Season 8 Episode 31: The Gambler
A triple murder in the town of Verona, Wisconsin, leads detectives into the shady world of high-rollers and off-shore gambling
- Season 8 Episode 24: A Case of the Flue
The team are called to investigate a robbery which ended in homicide - but the detectives become suspicious when evidence shows the killer was breaking out of the house - not into it
- Season 8 Episode 13: As The Tide Turns
A murder investigation is complicated when a witness statement contradicts police evidence
- Season 8 Episode 8: A Tight Leash
A stalker who was able to steal his victim's alarm code and personal photos is caught out by his threatening letters
- Season 8 Episode 7: Ring Him Up
New scientific testing sheds light on a ten-year-old case involving a missing college student
- Season 8 Episode 6: Shell Game
Criminals attempt to cover their tracks using fire. However, through the investigators' tenacity they find a small clue which leads them to the killers
- Season 8 Episode 4: Chief Suspect
The case of a murdered policeman's wife is reopened when a newly formed cold case unit take another look at the evidence, and they find critical clues to the killers identity
- Season 8 Episode 3: A Novel Idea
A man calls the police to his house where his wife has fallen down the stairs, but the amount of bloodstains at the scene prompts investigators to treat the death as suspicious
- Season 8 Episode 2: Vanished
The police struggle to believe a girl who claims she was abducted and sexually assaulted from her unemotional recounting of the tale - until fibres from her clothes prove the story
- Season 8 Episode 1: Live Wire
When a man is killed with a bomb investigators search for every piece of evidence until they find a clue that identifies the murderer
Forensic Files: Season 7 (2002 - 2006)
- Season 7 Episode 28: Freedom of Information
- Season 7 Episode 27: Nice Threads
When little evidence is found at the scene of a murdered woman, detectives use a pioneering forensic technique to help catch the killer
- Season 7 Episode 26: Grave Danger
A car accident which killed a young man develops into a sinister case when detectives believe it was murder. The results of the investigation devastate three families
- Season 7 Episode 25: Mortal Sins
- Season 7 Episode 24: Extreme Makeover
- Season 7 Episode 23: All Fall Down
- Season 7 Episode 22: Dark Waters
A man is the victim of a hit-and-run in a sailing accident, and when the police appeal for witnesses an unlikely person admitts to being a passenger on the killer's boat
- Season 7 Episode 21: Undertaken
The detectives rely on their tenacity to make a conviction when a medical examiner rules a death was accidental, and three years later the answer is revealed
- Season 7 Episode 20: Capitol Crimes
A medical examiner rules that a death was accidental despite detectives who thought otherwise, then it takes three years, an exhumation and a second autopsy to determine who was right.
- Season 7 Episode 19: Weakest Link
The body of a young girl is found on farmland in Delano, California, but a mailbox key is the only clue to her identity - prompting the police to search every building in the area
- Season 7 Episode 18: Key Evidence
Tiny fibres and an asthma inhaler lead investigators to the gunman responsible for shooting an off-duty police officer
- Season 7 Episode 17: Dockter Visit
A World War Two veteran is killed in his home, baffling the police - until a lucky break leads them to a shady character with a sweet tooth and a distinctive pair of boots
- Season 7 Episode 16: Shattered Dreams
Investigators solve a double murder with the help of evidence obtained from a fingertip torn from a latex glove
- Season 7 Episode 15: Sunday's Wake
A little girl's death baffles investigators, who travel halfway around the world before finally uncovering the answer in two unusual places - a shredded legal document and the signature of the child's mother
- Season 7 Episode 14: Just Desserts
Investigators solve a double murder, helped by DNA evidence obtained from a spoon found at the scene of the crime
- Season 7 Episode 13: Going for Broke
Investigators probe the case of a stockbroker who has failed to return home, and soon uncover proof that he has been murdered
- Season 7 Episode 12: Naughty or Nyce
A woman is killed in what appears to be a road accident, but footprints around the vehicle, and bloodstains both inside and outside it, lead investigators to suspect foul play
- Season 7 Episode 11: Wood-be Killer
Fire wood found a a crime scene helps investigators locate a killer.
- Season 7 Episode 10: Raw Terror
Investigation into the effects of badly prepared food and the spread of the potentially fatal E-coli virus, including the story of an 11-year-old who nearly died
- Season 7 Episode 9: Wired for Disaster
A 29-year-old woman is killed by a bomb that was planted in her doorway.
- Season 7 Episode 8: To the Viktor
Investigators on both sides of the Atlantic seek links between three homicides that look like professional executions.
- Season 7 Episode 6: Penchant for Poison
Arsenic poisoning is found to be the cause of a woman's mysterious illness.
- Season 7 Episode 5: Garden of Evil
A blood spatter expert helps police investigate the slaying of a DJ found dead in a garden.
- Season 7 Episode 3: Til Death Do Us Part
How police became suspicious when they discovered traces of thallium in a deceased man's body, causing them to re-examine his 'accidental' death
- Season 7 Episode 2: Moss, Not Grass
Finding the killer of a woman who was found dead on a golf course in the Bahamas. The distinctive grass on the course provided enough evidence to lead the police to two suspects
- Season 7 Episode 1: Elemental Clue
Investigating the cases of two women from the same town who were murdered in the same way. Police fear a serial killer is on the loose - and find tiny clues which lead them to the same man
Forensic Files: Season 6 (1998 - 2007)
- Season 6 Episode 58: Enemy Within
Police investigate the murder of a Kansas City lawyer in his own office, in the middle of the day. The killer left microscopic evidence which led directly to him
- Season 6 Episode 57: Summer Obsession
Police investigate a seemingly accidental drowning in an affluent suburb of Philadelphia. The case becomes focused on one person who had a motive for murder
- Season 6 Episode 56: Cop Out
Police investigate the murder of a college student who appeared to have known his killer. Hairs and microscopic cells help officers unravel a web of lies
- Season 6 Episode 55: Accident or Murder?
A housewife is found dead at the foot of a flight of stairs, but the police initially rule out foul play : until her husband claims the life insurance and takes up with a new woman
- Season 6 Episode 54: Haunting Vision
The disturbing tale of an American woman who experienced visions of her mother being killed by her father 30 years previously, although it was uncertain whether the events actually occurred
- Season 6 Episode 53: Scratching the Surface
Despite the serial number being scratched off a gun used in a shooting crime, forensic scientists demonstrate how they were able to make the digits reappear using the latest technology and help police trace the weapon's owner
- Season 6 Episode 52: Unholy Alliance
Police investigate the disappearance of a young woman, who they feared was the latest victim in a string of similar incidents until forensic analysis proved otherwise
- Season 6 Episode 51: 'Prints' Among Thieves
Investigating the murder of a millionaire, who flaunted his wealth and had little personal security. The evidence seemed to indicate robbery, but investigators were unsure
- Season 6 Episode 50: Clean Getaway
Investigating the rape and murder of a woman at the dry-cleaners she worked at. Police had eyewitnesses but when their descriptions were not clear, they turned to forensics
- Season 6 Episode 49: Writers Block
The case of an architect who died just before she was due to testify in a criminal trial. Investigators are seeking a motive
- Season 6 Episode 48: Four on the Floor
When forensics investigate the murder of an American woman, they suspect a serial killer might be on the loose
- Season 6 Episode 47: Gold Rush
The police investigate when they receive a call from a man, who claims his girlfriend shot and killed herself. The autopsy reveals that the wound could not have been self-inflicted
- Season 6 Episode 46: Oily in the Morning
When the police recover a submerged car belonging to a man reported missing, they are perturbed to discover a pair of broken glasses on the floor but no body
- Season 6 Episode 45: Ties That Bind
Using forensic techniques, investigators try to uncover the murder of two boys who were killed in a similar way three months apart
- Season 6 Episode 44: Picture This
The case of a missing Californian teenager, who was presumed to have run away. However, her body turned up in a ditch 20 miles away
- Season 6 Episode 43: Deadly Valentine
Investigators determine how blood splatter evidence could prove that an obstetrician murdered his wife, despite his claims from him that he found her dead when he returned home
- Season 6 Episode 42: Tight-Fitting Genes
How the reconstruction of DNA by molecular biologists aided the Baton Rouge Police Department in catching a suspect
- Season 6 Episode 41: A Leg up on Crime
Looking at how shoe prints aided the police in catching the killer of two people found in a canal
- Season 6 Episode 40: Cereal Killer
How the police used evidence to track down the killer of a young boy who disappeared during a house fire and whose body was found 50 miles away from home
- Season 6 Episode 39: Strong Impressions
The death of an Air Force Officer's wife appears to be a tragic accident, but closer inspection of the scene reveals more sinister circumstances
- Season 6 Episode 38: Tagging a Suspect
Tiny pieces of plastic - the size of grains of sand - provide police with clues after a bombing in which a man was killed
- Season 6 Episode 37: Army of Evidence
The case of a woman who appeared to have committed suicide, only for a re-opened investigation to deduce murder was a possibility
- Season 6 Episode 36: Shear Luck
Officers find themselves having to reassemble a computer disk cut up with pinking shears in order to solve a brutal murder case
- Season 6 Episode 35: Headquarters
The discovery and identification of a human skull found in a Texas canyon, which led police to launch a manhunt when it was reconstructed
- Season 6 Episode 34: Picture Perfect
- Season 6 Episode 33: Soiled Plan
An insight into how the latest techniques helped to find the murderer of a woman whose body was found 20 years ago
- Season 6 Episode 32: Up in Smoke
Examining evidence to determine how a fire broke out in the home of an elderly couple and whether their son was to blame, despite his pleas of innocence
- Season 6 Episode 31: Charred Remains
The use of forensic evidence to solve crimes, focusing on the discovery of a woman's charred remains which led police to uncover a tale of drugs, greed and murder
- Season 6 Episode 30: Micro-clues
How police used scientific techniques to detect where a boy was murdered, enabling them to link the case to a man arrested for another vicious killing
- Season 6 Episode 29: Cement the Cases
A man confesses to his wife's bizarre murder, but the police are unconvinced. It needs the intervention of a dentist and a forensic geologist to find the real killer
- Season 6 Episode 28: Grave Evidence
Insight into an incident in 1976 where the key witness had claimed his skeet-shooting partner had been shot accidentally
- Season 6 Episode 27: Plastic Puzzle
How modern techniques helped the police identify a car that knocked down a cyclist and killed him, leading them to its driver
- Season 6 Episode 26: Similar Circumstances
The police investigation into the kidnap of Robert and Paula Sims' baby daughter, which uncovered a similar incident that had taken place three years previously
- Season 6 Episode 25: The Talking Skull
Insight into how forensic work revealed that human remains found on a campsite belonged to a pregnant woman who had been missing for five years, ultimately leading to the arrest and conviction of the victim's husband : a Scout leader
- Season 6 Episode 24: Marked for Life
Police use handwriting analysis to track down a man who went on a crime spree in California nearly 50 years ago
- Season 6 Episode 23: Trial by Fire
The story of a woman who was charged with arson and murder until a renowned fire inspector checked the evidence and discovered the real culprit
- Season 6 Episode 22: Deadly Delivery
A bomber who appeared to be targeting members of the legal profession was tracked down after the police asked the FBI to draw up a psychological profile of the offender
- Season 6 Episode 21: Road Rage
In another suspected murder case, a mark on a victim's body leads the forensic investigating team to the killer
- Season 6 Episode 20: Without a Trace
The puzzling deaths of two dinner guests in Nebraska in 1978 which confounded police until they realised both victims had consumed lemonade laced with poison - the discovery of which led them to an embittered killer
- Season 6 Episode 19: Slippery Motives
The police grow suspicious of a man when his wife drowns in the bath and an autopsy reveals a series of bruises on her body
- Season 6 Episode 18: Innocence Lost
The case of a young girl's abduction, solved by police when fibres left at the scene were matched with those recovered from the car of their prime suspect
- Season 6 Episode 17: Over and Out
Police are mystified as to why a young man and his mother should be the targets of a pipe bomb - until the remnants of a postage label point them in the right direction
- Season 6 Episode 16: With Every Breath
How the FBI worked with Navajo medicine men to identify what had caused the deaths of children from their reservation
- Season 6 Episode 15: Crime Seen
How DNA evidence finally exonerated a prisoner after he had been wrongly sentenced to three life sentences for rape and sodomy by a Virginia court in 1984
- Season 6 Episode 14: Fishing for the Truth
A deckhand's heroic story of how he tried to save his captain's life after their small boat sank in a storm comes under suspicion when the man's body is found
- Season 6 Episode 13: Speck of Evidence
How police solved the case of a missing nine-year-old when they recovered a fragment of paint from a convicted child molester's car
- Season 6 Episode 12: Walking Terror
Police are puzzled when a man who brutally stabbed his wife and tried to drown her in their swimming pool appears to have no recollection of the attack
- Season 6 Episode 11: Bitter Potion
A woman's mysterious flu-like symptoms are diagnosed as something far more sinister, leading investigators to take an interest in one of her neighbours' passion for chemistry
- Season 6 Episode 10: The Blood Trail
A farmer fears someone is conducting a vendetta against him and his wife, but investigations reveal all is not as it seems
- Season 6 Episode 9: Sealed With a Kiss
A primary school teacher claims a colleague has resorted to a smear campaign to oust her from her position. The facts seem to bear out her allegations : but will DNA tests back up her story or tell an entirely different tale?
- Season 6 Episode 8: Killer Fog
How experts investigated a thick fog's regular appearance over an American interstate - which led to a spate of fatal car crashes over a 15-year period - and found the trail seemed to end at the doors of a local paper plant
- Season 6 Episode 7: Something's Fishy
How a link was established between two poisoning cases, when traces of a chemical used to kill algae in fish tanks were discovered by investigators in both of the victims
- Season 6 Episode 6: Fatal Fungus
How investigators traced a series of outbreaks of bleeding lungs in infants to a deadly black fungus which was growing in water-damaged houses in a Cleveland neighbourhood
- Season 6 Episode 5: Out of the Ashes
How police forensic teams used blood found at a murder scene to capture the killer of an 18-year-old woman, who was killed by her boyfriend when she refused his sexual demands
- Season 6 Episode 4: Covert Operation
- Season 6 Episode 3: Sex, Lies and DNA
How a man who killed his wife and set fire to her body on his boat was convicted of her murder, when incriminating blood samples were taken from the family home
- Season 6 Episode 2: Deadly Formula
Detectives learn that a genetic disorder caused the deaths of a woman's children, resulting in an overturned conviction.
- Season 6 Episode 1: The Dirty Deed
The work of forensic teams in proving a missing couple's son was responsible for their disappearance, leading to the recovery of the body and the killer's conviction
Forensic Files: Season 5 (2002 - 2007)
- Season 5 Episode 34: Silk Stalkings
Examining the case of a flight attendant's murder, and how meticulous analysis of biological evidence helped prove it was part of a series of killings
- Season 5 Episode 33: Northern Exposure
The application of modern technology to crime-fighting, revealing how fingerprinting and red carpet fibres near a corpse led police straight to a murderer
- Season 5 Episode 32: Point of Origin
How a discarded cigarette and a scrap of paper provided the forensic team with vital evidence to expose the identity of an arsonist in California
- Season 5 Episode 31: Muddy Waters
Experts use scientific and forensic evidence to help solve a tricky murder case, leading to unexpected results
- Season 5 Episode 30: Deadly Matrimony
The mystery of a missing go-go dancer comes closer to being solved following a phone call to police 20 years later
- Season 5 Episode 29: Badge of Betrayal
Experts use forensic technology to track down a killer after a tiny fibre is discovered on a victim's clothing
- Season 5 Episode 28: Making the Collar
A variety of forensic clues help police to solve a brutal murder case by painting a virtual portrait of the killer
- Season 5 Episode 27: Buried Treasure
Police discover evidence which proves who was responsible for a murder - 15 years after it took place
- Season 5 Episode 26: Sip of Sins
Forensic scientists use DNA testing to reveal the sinister truth about a respected Sunday school teacher in a murder investigation
- Season 5 Episode 25: Cries Unheard
Forensic experts use clues found in a suspect's rubbish bin to solve a murder case
- Season 5 Episode 24: Pinned by the Evidence
A forensic animator uncovers new evidence in the case of a man who has already served six years in jail for murder
- Season 5 Episode 23: Over a Barrel
How forensic scientists used material from a dentist's office to uncover ballistics evidence which had been overlooked in an investigation 10 years earlier
- Season 5 Episode 22: A Daughters Journey
A young woman discovers a dark family secret which may provide vital clues to the disappearance of her mother 20 years previously
- Season 5 Episode 21: In Her Bones
- Season 5 Episode 20: Cloak of Deceit
How the forensic clues found on the clothes of three robbers led to their conviction for an apparently successful crime
- Season 5 Episode 19: The Financial Downfall
At first investigators think a beautiful young woman's fatal fall from a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean was an accident, but forensic examination of photos arouses suspicion that foul play was involved.
- Season 5 Episode 18: Burning Desire
Forensic scientists search the ashes of a blaze for clues to determine how the fire was started, and discover it may not have been ignited by a cigarette as was first thought
- Season 5 Episode 17: Hunter or Hunted?
A forensic document examiner, a slingshot and an unusual physics experiment help investigators find another killer
- Season 5 Episode 16: Head Games
The team employ the skills of a forensic psychiatrist and the results of ballistics tests to solve a murder case
- Season 5 Episode 15: News at 11
Police dogs track a killer's scent to a crime scene, leading them to believe the murderer could be one of the onlookers
- Season 5 Episode 14: Bad Medicine
Forensics are used to provide clues as to how a victim died of poisoning
- Season 5 Episode 13: No Corpus Delicti
A clump of hair leads investigators to a missing body and gives the authorities the evidence they need to secure a conviction
- Season 5 Episode 12: Stake Out
The kidnapping of a prominent banker's wife leads forensic experts to discover that extraordinary clues can be revealed by the examination of ordinary office equipment
- Season 5 Episode 11: South of the Border
The motive for the murder of an American tourist at a Mexican resort at first appeared to be robbery, until police found the evidence pointed to something much more sinister
- Season 5 Episode 10: For Love or Money
The will of a wealthy tycoon reveals instructions regarding what to do if he was to die in violent circumstances, prompting suspicion he may have known he was in danger
- Season 5 Episode 9: Traces of Truth
A high school gym teacher disappears after offering to give a friend a lift home. Police suspect foul play when his wife receives letters saying they have moved away
- Season 5 Episode 8: Duelling Confessions
A teenage girl is killed, and her boyfriend confesses to the crime. When another man turns himself in as well, a further 40 years are needed to solve the case
- Season 5 Episode 7: Grounds for Indictment
A man is killed and another seriously injured in a drive-by shooting. The police have plenty of circumstantial evidence but nothing concrete : until they examine soil taken from the suspect's tyre treads
- Season 5 Episode 6: Death by a Salesman
Police investigating a brutal murder in a quiet neighbourhood fail to find any witnesses, but forensic evidence helps them apprehend their suspect in less than 12 hours
- Season 5 Episode 5: Flower Power
A discarded sweet wrapper and a number of tiny seeds are used by forensic scientists to provide evidence in a murder investigation
- Season 5 Episode 4: Bed of Deceit
A retired police officer is found murdered in his bed and his wife claims his death was suicide. However, a bank surveillance tape calls her explanation into question
- Season 5 Episode 3: Stick 'em Up
How scientists used forensic evidence to solve a murder case, taking clues from a missing piece of tape and tips from some concerned citizens
- Season 5 Episode 2: True Lies
The murder of Kathleen Lipscomb, whose body was found on a deserted road outside San Antonio in 1986. Investigators believe a diary found years later could solve the case
- Season 5 Episode 1: In Harm's Way
The case of a knife which was found 2,000 miles from a murder victim, but still led police to the killer
Forensic Files: Season 4 (2002 - 2006)
- Season 4 Episode 35: Letter Perfect
An apparently healthy man dies mysteriously in his sleep, and toxicology tests reveal signs of foul play, causing police to suspect a 'suicide note' holds the key to the case
- Season 4 Episode 34: Sign of the Zodiac
A serial killer announces his intention to kill one person from each sign of the zodiac, until handwriting analysis gives investigators the clues they need
- Season 4 Episode 33: Bioattack
A mass food poisoning in Oregon in 1984, where investigators tracked the outbreak to a cult who intended to use germ warfare to overthrow the American government
- Season 4 Episode 32: Nailed
A witness in a sexual assault case is murdered just before her appearance in court, leaving forensics to decide whether it was the defendant who killed her
- Season 4 Episode 31: Sphere of Influence
A woman's disappearance in Alaska doesn't arouse suspicions of foul play, until she is discovered shot dead. An eyewitness's evidence reveals more
- Season 4 Episode 30: Bound for Jail
Two decades after a woman's murder, investigators glean incriminating evidence including an old hat and a tiny shard of steel
- Season 4 Episode 29: Honor Thy Father
A murdered teenager's parents accept responsibility for the killing, and claim they were acting in self-defence - but an FBI electronic surveillance device proves otherwise
- Season 4 Episode 28: Breaking News
America's first DNA databank case succeeds in identifying the rapist and murderer of a TV news producer
- Season 4 Episode 27: Brotherhoods
A gay couple are murdered, leading investigators to a white supremacist organisation connected with hate crimes
- Season 4 Episode 26: Web of Seduction
Part one of two. Police investigating a fatal shooting discover no forensic evidence at the dusty and unkempt scene of the crime, but a trawl of computers belonging to the victim's wife and her lover soon yields the information they need
- Season 4 Episode 25: Private Thoughts
Forensic investigators challenge the conclusion of firefighters that a family burned to death in a suicide pact
- Season 4 Episode 24: Within Arm's Reach
A man accused of shooting his estranged wife maintains she committed suicide, and the investigators must establish which of the two versions best fits the evidence
- Season 4 Episode 23: When the Dust Settled
Forensic examiners use a sound test, an electron microscope and a nightgown to explain how a union official was murdered in his bedroom without his wife in the next room hearing a thing
- Season 4 Episode 22: Order Up
A man is found shot dead in his home, and investigators suspect his wife, who claims she was away on a camping trip with her lover at the time of her husband's death
- Season 4 Episode 21: Past Lives
Investigators call in the experts when the wife of a wealthy car-crash victim makes a $7million insurance claim - and a chilling trail of fraud and deceit is soon uncovered
- Season 4 Episode 20: Smoke in Your Eyes
The bodies of two women are found in the aftermath of an apartment fire, and a small sample of blood helps police investigate their suspicions about the case
- Season 4 Episode 19: Once Bitten
The story of a postman convicted of murder because of a bite mark on the victim. Ten years into his sentence, fresh evidence leads to another trial
- Season 4 Episode 18: Tourist Trap
A bite mark leads police to convict a postman during an investigation into a spate of robberies which resulted in a number of tourists being killed and injured
- Season 4 Episode 17: Marathon Man
When a man's body is found on a road near his family ranch, his wife tells police he went jogging, but the trail of evidence leads them back to his home
- Season 4 Episode 16: The Big Chill
A woman is prescribed lithium to treat a mental disorder. When she dies, investigators must decide whether the side effects drove her to suicide
- Season 4 Episode 15: All the World's a Stage
A homicide detective claims his wife accidentally shot herself in the head, but the evidence indicates otherwise.
- Season 4 Episode 14: Hair of the Dog
When witnesses are unable to agree on the circumstances surrounding a murder, investigators have to rely on clues from a gun and the victim's dog
- Season 4 Episode 13: Shadow of a Doubt
When the prime suspect in a woman's murder produces a solid alibi, a time-stamped video tape showing his activities on the day of the killing is analysed for authenticity
- Season 4 Episode 12: Paintball
Investigation into the murder of a Californian girl in 1962, which lasted 24 years before incriminating evidence was uncovered
- Season 4 Episode 11: A Welcome Intrusion
A man's heroic defence of his wife turns out to have an ulterior motive when his case is reinvestigated four years later
- Season 4 Episode 10: The Music Case
A girl's death is linked to a spate of burglaries when CDs similar to those owned by the victim are found among a cache of stolen goods
- Season 4 Episode 9: Dessert Served Cold
A team of toxicologists investigate the death of a man whose girlfriend's suspicious behaviour led police to believe he was murdered
- Season 4 Episode 8: A Wrong Foot
A single footprint puts forensic investigators on the trail of a killer after two injured victims fail to identify their attacker
- Season 4 Episode 7: Dinner and a Movie
The forensics team are called in to investigate the murder of a pregnant woman, the circumstances of which bear a suspicious resemblance to scenes in a film recently shown on TV
- Season 4 Episode 6: Shot of Vengeance
When a nurse exhibits signs of flu, doctors are baffled : until it turns out she has been deliberately infected with HIV
- Season 4 Episode 5: All Wet
A woman's 'accidental' drowning bears suspicious similarities to another death, casting doubt on the prime suspect's alibi
- Season 4 Episode 4: Sign Here
How a forensic handwriting expert found clues pointing to the murderer of a woman seen being bundled into a car
- Season 4 Episode 3: Plastic Fire
The story of a woman who was sentenced to life for killing her mother. Her chances of winning a retrial appeared slim, until an expert witness proposed a different theory
- Season 4 Episode 1: X Marks the Spot
Police in St Louis reveal how a computer helped to capture a serial killer
Forensic Files: Season 3 (2002 - 2004)
- Season 3 Episode 52: Burning Ambition
Forensic scientists search the ashes of a blaze for clues to determine how the fire was started, and discover it may not have been ignited by a cigarette as was first thought
- Season 3 Episode 51: Time Will Tell
How the latest forensic techniques helped solve the death of a money launderer who drowned while tied to an anchor in the ocean
- Season 3 Episode 50: Treading Not So Lightly
A mother investigates when her daughter is injured in an alleged hit-and-run incident
- Season 3 Episode 49: House Call
Phone mapping, wiretapping and other forensic evidence help to solve a complicated crime.
- Season 3 Episode 48: All Charged Up
How a composite drawing of a suspect provided a lead in the hunt for a serial rapist responsible for multiple attacks in Philadelphia and Colorado
- Season 3 Episode 48: Breaking the Mould
Respiratory problems in a three-year-old boy and signs of Alzheimer's disease in his father leave doctors baffled, but an expert on toxic materials believes their home may reveal the cause
- Season 3 Episode 46: Fire Proof
How the latest forensic investigation techniques, such as behavioural profiling, hypnosis and sketch artistry, helped identify a serial arsonist in Seattle
- Season 3 Episode 45: Material Evidence
The application of modern technology to crime-fighting, revealing how unusual orange fibres found near a corpse provided the only clue to a girl's murder
- Season 3 Episode 44: Postal Mortem
Scientists prove the injured victim of a blast was actually the person who constructed and delivered the bomb
- Season 3 Episode 43: Cats, Flies and Snapshots
How cat hairs and insects helped to track the villain behind a woman's abduction
- Season 3 Episode 42: Foundation of Lies
Police probe an illegal adoption ring when a woman goes missing - but their investigation changes direction when her husband is seen with another lady claiming to be his wife
- Season 3 Episode 41: Sleight of Hand
The hunt for an elderly woman's murderer, which took 16 years after fingerprints and a trail of blood were found at the scene of the crime
- Season 3 Episode 40: Killer's Cattle Log
Cattle auctions, dud cheques and homeless drifters lead police to an elderly couple who are found to be responsible for a series of murders
- Season 3 Episode 39: Sniffing Revenge
The sudden death of a rich woman which baffled investigators, who could find no evidence of foul play, until the widower's ex-wife came forward to tell her story
- Season 3 Episode 38: Planted Evidence
A molecular scientist in Arizona investigates seed pods found in a murder suspect's car - and finds they came from a tree near the crime scene
- Season 3 Episode 37: Tooth or Consequences
The discovery of a charred tooth provides enough evidence to convict the prime suspect in a case involving a woman's disappearance
- Season 3 Episode 36: A Bag of Evidence
The abduction and murder of a nine-year-old girl from her home. Forensic investigators pieced together a trail which led to the arrest of the man who called the police
- Season 3 Episode 35: Shopping Spree
Series revealing how the latest forensic techniques help solve crimes. A mother and daughter disappear without any trace. The girl's body is then found on a roadside with still no sign of the mother's whereabouts. Forensic investigators have to determine whether she is a suspect in her daughter's murder or a victim.
- Season 3 Episode 34: Skin of Her Teeth
How scientific tests on a skull led police to discover not only the horrific nature of the murder but the identity of the victim
- Season 3 Episode 33: A Voice from Beyond
A decomposed body is found in a barrel, and a dilapidated address book may hold the answer.
- Season 3 Episode 32: Elephant Tracks
The brutal murder of an elderly couple, which initially produced no suspects. However, years later, a pawn shop owner made a chance discovery which led police to the killer
- Season 3 Episode 31: Second Shot at Love
Experts uncover the violent history and insatiable greed of a respected heart surgeon's wife as they investigate his alleged suicide
- Season 3 Episode 30: A Vow of Silence
The disappearance of a Texan man's mail-order bride was initially seen as suspicious, but when police discovered his two previous wives died mysteriously, he was promptly arrested
- Season 3 Episode 29: The Sniper's Trail
- Season 3 Episode 28: The Metal Business
Toxicologists discover the cause of a 62-year-old businessman's failing health where doctors were unable to diagnose the condition
- Season 3 Episode 27: Trail of Truth
An FBI analyst devises an experiment which links a suspect with a murder
- Season 3 Episode 26: A Bitter Pill to Swallow
A mother-to-be discovers her fiance may be to blame for the severity of the side-effects associated with her pregnancy
- Season 3 Episode 25: Dressed to Kill
The disappearance of a six-year-old girl. Investigators initially accepted a confession from her father, who failed the polygraph test, but 10 years later, the truth was discovered
- Season 3 Episode 24: Within a Hair
The investigation into sexual assaults on four women in Indiana during the summer of 1996. A man was arrested and convicted for the crimes, but new evidence casts doubt on his guilt
- Season 3 Episode 23: Cold Storage
How forensic teams solved a case in which the friends of a talented dancer came under suspicion from the girl's parents following her disappearance
- Season 3 Episode 22: Frozen in Time
The disappearance of a teenage girl who vanished while returning from a concert. Police found her abandoned truck with one tyre blown, but had to wait three years to find her body
- Season 3 Episode 21: A Ghost in the Machine
How a Presbyterian minister's wife was discovered to have ingested large doses of different medications, leading investigators to suspect she was the victim of a murder plot
- Season 3 Episode 20: Bump and Run
An abandoned car is found with the engine running and the driver's door open.
- Season 3 Episode 19: Chief Evidence
The murder of a couple during a suspected drug deal baffles police when the pair are found to be clean of any narcotics, until their pet dog gives investigators a new lead
- Season 3 Episode 18: Partners in Crime
The murderers who burned their victim's body to try to cover their crime, but failed to conceal 24 stab wounds found during forensic examinations
- Season 3 Episode 17: A Leg to Stand On
When police are faced with a murder victim and a severed leg found in a skip, DNA testing leads them to the killer
- Season 3 Episode 16: Pillow Talk
An arson investigator's depressed wife burns to death.
- Season 3 Episode 15: Palm Print Conviction
How investigators managed to lift a handprint from the body of a murder victim using superglue fumes, and so gained enough evidence to catch her killer
- Season 3 Episode 14: Without a Prayer
The disappearance of Madalyn Murray O'Hair, the founder of organisation American Atheists. Investigators have a number of suspects, until a mutilated body helps reveal the culprit
- Season 3 Episode 13: The Footpath Murders
Pioneering genetic fingerprinting techniques are used to hunt down a man who committed murders in 1983 and 1986
- Season 3 Episode 12: A Shot in the Dark
A bizarre case in which a woman was shot dead. Investigators initially suspected her husband of the crime, but forensic evidence gave the story a surreal twist
- Season 3 Episode 11: Telltale Tracks
A case involving an abandoned car in Philadelphia. Police found the driver's body the next day, and unusual marks on her corpse led investigators to her killer
- Season 3 Episode 10: Memories
A pregnant woman who is attacked in her own home loses her memory. She later identifies her husband as the culprit - but 16 years on, new DNA evidence casts doubt on her story
- Season 3 Episode 9: A Bite Out Of Crime
The manhunt launched as police tried to catch a serial rapist. When their original suspect was brought into custody, investigators lacked enough evidence to prove their case
- Season 3 Episode 8: The Alibi
The murder of a high-school girl in a South Carolina town, which led to DNA testing of many local men. However, when a match was found, the donor had a solid alibi
- Season 3 Episode 7: A Touching Recollection
An 18-year-old girl's abduction from her home. Determined to prove the identity of her kidnapper, she deliberately left DNA at the crime scene
- Season 3 Episode 6: Scout's Honor
The study of insects provides experts with vital clues as to when a murder took place and whether the man accused is actually guilty
- Season 3 Episode 5: A Clutch of Witnesses
A case in which two witnesses reported seeing a truck drive over an apparently unconscious man. They retreated to the safety of a bar, but when police arrived, they found nothing
- Season 3 Episode 4: Last Will
The case of the kidnapper and murderer of a 17-year-old who was traced using the letter he forced his victim to write
- Season 3 Episode 3: Who's Your Daddy?
The murder of a young prostitute who was found dead in an Ohio waterway. Investigators faced an uphill battle to find her killer, as DNA evidence had washed away and a number of policemen featured on the woman's client list
- Season 3 Episode 2: Reel Danger
An attack on two boys during a fishing trip, which, police believe was perpetrated by local thugs, despite a lack of evidence
- Season 3 Episode 1: The Cheater
The 1983 disappearance of Walter Notheis Jr, lead singer with Sixties band Bob Kuban and the In-Men who had a hit with (Look Out For) The Cheater
Forensic Files: Season 2 (2001 - 2004)
- Season 2 Episode 21: Pastoral Care
How the death of a female prison guard led to an investigation which revealed clues to a murder from 10 years earlier
- Season 2 Episode 20: Sibling Rivalry
A look at the case of a leading pornographer who shot his brother. Investigators study the recording of the emergency call to find out why
- Season 2 Episode 19: Punch Line
How a doctor discovered suspicious injuries when a villain sought advice for a cut hand
- Season 2 Episode 18: Where the Blood Drops
A murder suspect's son who enrolled at law school and studied until he discovered the evidence needed to clear his mother's name
- Season 2 Episode 17: Double Trouble
The similarities between an attack on a Maine State Trooper and the murder of a woman in New Jersey speed up the investigation into the killer's identity.
- Season 2 Episode 16: Pure Evil
How a combination of behavioural science and intuition helped catch the killer of two teenagers in Texas
- Season 2 Episode 15: Killigraphy
Detectives think the marks on a victim's body implicate a man in his wife's murder, but medical detectives have an alternative theory about how the scars were caused
- Season 2 Episode 14: Bad Blood
Documentary about a 35-year-long experiment conducted in Alabama, in which 420 healthy black men were infected with syphilis and denied treatment so medical staff could monitor the effects of the disfiguring disease
- Season 2 Episode 13: Line of Fire
The defence lawyer for a gang of bank robbers proves to be well organised in court, forcing police to rely heavily on forensic evidence
- Season 2 Episode 12: Photo Finish
A professional photographer is linked to a missing model after vital evidence is uncovered by a park ranger
- Season 2 Episode 11: Church Disappearance
The disappearance of a six-year-old girl from a church service leads investigators to a taxi driver who was in the area at the time
- Season 2 Episode 10: Soft Touch
How technology enables fingerprint evidence to be taken from fabrics such as curtains : a scientific advance which proved vital in identifying a woman's killer
- Season 2 Episode 9: Frozen Evidence
Investigators race against time to preserve evidence of a criminal's footprints found in the snow
- Season 2 Episode 8: Whodunnit
How scientists uncovered a trail of deceit and medical trickery in their bid to learn the truth about a badly burned body
- Season 2 Episode 7: Mistaken for Dead
The investigation of a man's death in a doctor's office reveals an insurance fraud involving stolen bodies and false identities
- Season 2 Episode 6: Death Play
A Shakespearean play forces a girl to reveal the truth about the death of her father, who was thought to have died from a heart attack
- Season 2 Episode 5: Man's Best Friend
How a girl's parents were jailed for her murder despite their claim that she was killed by the family dogs. Five years later, forensic scientists spot vital evidence
- Season 2 Episode 4: Missing Pearl
How forensic techniques helped find the body of a missing woman after a trail of blood petered out
- Season 2 Episode 3: Missing in Time
A man becomes the prime suspect when his wife is missing presumed dead after a domestic dispute - but new evidence comes to light suggesting he may have been framed
- Season 2 Episode 2: Video Diary
The killer in a petrol station shooting is identified when cutting edge technology and forensic experts are brought together in the analysis of poor quality CCTV footage
- Season 2 Episode 1: Journey to Justice
A prosecutor uses a ground-breaking video reconstruction in court to demonstrate how a drink-driving accident occurred
Forensic Files: Season 1 (2001 - 2005)
- Season 1 Episode 34: Deadly Knowledge
An investigation reveals the double life of a murder victim who was both a student and call girl
- Season 1 Episode 33: Deadly Neighbourhoods
Investigations into whether buried poisons, electrical substations and other modern environmental agents could be responsible for outbreaks of cancer and leukaemia across America
- Season 1 Episode 32: Dew Process
Forensic evidence from fibres provide clues to the murder of a dentist's wife committed two years previously - and disproves a confession to the killing
- Season 1 Episode 30: The Magic Bullet
A 15-year-old boy is shot in the head in the lobby of a gun club, and ballistics, laser technology and forensic animation are used to solve the case
- Season 1 Episode 29: Root of All Evil
A farmer's wife disappears without trace, and the former lover of the missing woman's husband reveals a story of murder and cremation
- Season 1 Episode 28: Crash Course
A highway patrolman is dispatched to a seemingly routine traffic accident, but his suspicions are aroused when he sees the amount of blood in the car
- Season 1 Episode 27: Signed, Sealed and Delivered
Officers suspect an act of revenge when a bomb explodes in the family home of a witness who testified against two men convicted of shooting and killing a passenger in a moving car
- Season 1 Episode 26: Core Evidence
A baby's death prompts a police investigation when she is discovered to have died from E-coli poisoning and the trail of bacteria is traced to contaminated apple juice
- Season 1 Episode 25: Treads and Threads
How a tyre impression and a few threads led Florida police officers to identify a serial killer
- Season 1 Episode 24: One for the Road
An investigation into the disappearance of a woman yields nothing but a pair of sandals which may have belonged to her, until police stumble upon video evidence
- Season 1 Episode 23: Forever Hold Your Peace
The story of a woman who was raped and murdered in a pizza restaurant. A man was jailed after confessing to the crime, but, eight years later, a new confession reopened the case
- Season 1 Episode 22: Bagging a Killer
A hidden fingerprint leads police to suspect the victim's mother after a nine-year-old girl goes missing
- Season 1 Episode 21: Fire Dot Com: Hinson
How a woman charged with murdering her child in a house fire conducted her own investigations, bringing into doubt the government's conclusions
- Season 1 Episode 20: Hand Delivered
How laser technology was used to trace the sender of an anonymous letter containing information about a murder and to discover the city, street and office number from where it was posted
- Season 1 Episode 19: Naked Justice
An attorney's wife is found dead in what initially appears to be a suicide attempt - but further investigation uncovers the truth
- Season 1 Episode 18: Killing Room
How faint blood splatters found on a wall during the search for a missing man alerted police to a love triangle gone tragically wrong
- Season 1 Episode 17: A Woman Scorned
A husband accused of killing his wife and her infant son is proven innocent when forensics discover a blonde hair at the crime scene
- Season 1 Episode 16: The List Murders
How a man who murdered his family was traced after 18 years on the run, using the latest technology to create an artificially-aged sculptured model of his likeness
- Season 1 Episode 15: The House That Roared
Police investigate when a woman goes missing and bloodstains are discovered at her home
- Season 1 Episode 14: Insect Clues
How the work of entomologist David Faulkner helped track down the killer of Sandra Cwik, whose body was found in 1988, decomposing and riddled with maggots
- Season 1 Episode 13: Purr-Fect Match
How cat hair helped police identify a killer, after forensic investigators traced the feline fur discovered in a car along with the body of a woman
- Season 1 Episode 12: Internal Affair
Friend's of a missing woman receive a shock when her body is discovered, propelling investigators to use blood evidence to find the killer
- Season 1 Episode 11: Southside Strangler
Advances in DNA profiling lead to the conviction of a serial rapist in Virginia, and pave the way for the man originally convicted of the crimes to be released
- Season 1 Episode 10: Legionnaire's Disease
Doctors are baffled after 180 legionnaires are struck down by a mysterious pneumonia-like illness, leaving 29 of them dead
- Season 1 Episode 9: Outbreak
Scientists in South Dakota discover many residents have high levels of animal thyroid hormones in their systems - apart from one boy who doesn't eat meat
- Season 1 Episode 8: Nursery Crimes
An investigation into the high child mortality rate at a Texas hospital, which revealed that a particular nurse was on duty in almost all cases. The discovery of an unlikely murder weapon provided sufficient proof to build a case against her
- Season 1 Episode 7: The Wilson Murder
A doctor is found dead in a pool of his own blood and the prime suspect is a local handyman who is caught with the victim's credit cards, but his claims incriminate the victim's wife
- Season 1 Episode 6: Horse Play
A woman dies in a horseback-riding accident, but investigators find facts that make her husband a murder suspect.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Unholy Vows
How forensic techniques used on a postcard helped track down a World War Two criminal who fled to America
- Season 1 Episode 4: Broken Promises
A man who died from what appeared to be an accidental gunshot wound, a case that turned into a murder investigation - with his widow as prime suspect - when police learned her previous husband suffered a similar fate
- Season 1 Episode 3: Badge of Deceit
How computer studies and behavioural science combine to create the forensic technique of geographical profiling, which helped police catch a rapist
- Season 1 Episode 2: The Disappearance of Helle Crafts
The mysterious disappearance of a woman who discovered her husband had been having an affair. Did she return to her native Denmark, or is there a more gruesome explanation?
- Season 1 Episode 1: Lasting Impression
Officers investigate possible links between two cases when a piece of chewing gum is found at the scene of a murder
- Season 1 Episode 1: Frozen Assets
How scientific and forensic techniques can help solve puzzling crimes. Detectives have to decide whether a businessman has been killed with malice aforethought or accidentally in the course of a bungled robbery
Forensic Files: Double Bill (2002)
- Bad Blood; Badge of Deceit
An accused rapist has blood taken from his arm on several occasions, but the results are misleading; after more than a decade, geographical profiling enables police to catch a rapist.
- The Cheater/Naked Justice
A song called 'The Cheater' foreshadows a singer's demise; investigators analyze blood to determine if a gunshot wound was self-inflicted.
Forensic Files: Season 00
- Season 00 Episode 3: Shoot to Thrill
A man discovers his father has been shot dead in their Minnesota home. Freshly fallen snow reveals an unidentified set of shoe prints, which seem to belong to the killer, but police investigators soon uncover a web of deception, greed and murder-for-hire
Forensic Files: Other Episodes
- Stand In
- Sunday School Ambush
Investigators unravel a twisted tale of lust, greed and deception after a woman claims her husband was gunned down by intruders.
- House Hunting
Documentary examining an investigation into the murder of a successful estate agent, revealing how police used forensic hypnosis to help a witness recall every detail of a suspect's appearance, before making a composite sketch of the man they believed to be the killer
- Shoot to Kill
How the latest scientific and forensic techniques can help solve puzzling crimes