Father Knows Best: Season 6 (1959 - 1960)
- Season 6 Episode 32: Betty's Graduation
Jim recalls Betty's high-school graduation.
- Season 6 Episode 31: Not His Type
A friend's fiance becomes interested in Betty.
- Season 6 Episode 30: Bud Lives It Up
Bud tries to impress a girl in Chicago with money he does not have.
- Season 6 Episode 29: Betty's Career Problem
Betty competes with a classmate (Jim Hutton).
- Season 6 Episode 28: Blind Date
Betty chastizes her friends for poking fun at a college student.
- Season 6 Episode 27: Love and Learn
Margaret gets a tutor for Bud to help him with his English class.
- Season 6 Episode 26: Family Contest
A family-photo contest divides the Andersons.
- Season 6 Episode 25: Adopted Daughter
Kathy recalls when she thought she was adopted.
- Season 6 Episode 24: The Five Hundred Dollar-Letter
A $500 check arrives as reward for a kindness.
- Season 6 Episode 23: Bud, the Speculator
Betty secretly plans to help Bud out of a jam he's gotten himself into.
- Season 6 Episode 22: Time to Retire
Bud tells Jim that he would like to work for him when he gets out of college.
- Season 6 Episode 21: Jim's Big Surprise
The Andersons are initially disappointed with Jim's surprise.
- Season 6 Episode 20: The Big Test
Bud is unfairly accused of cheating.
- Season 6 Episode 19: Cupid Knows Best
Frank asks Margaret's help to romance a girl.
- Season 6 Episode 18: Kathy's Big Deception
Kathy is terrified when she realizes that a white lie she started has snowballed.
- Season 6 Episode 17: Second Best
Betty is dismayed when she realizes that she has never won first place in any event.
- Season 6 Episode 16: Togetherness
A magazine writer is asked to write an article on the Anderson family.
- Season 6 Episode 15: Bud Hides Behind a Skirt
When Bud is stopped for reckless driving, he fears he will lose his license.
- Season 6 Episode 14: Father, the Naturalist
Margaret recalls an earlier time when Jim went all out to help Kathy with a school project.
- Season 6 Episode 13: Betty's Double
Betty wins a movie star's look-alike contest.
- Season 6 Episode 12: Good Joke on Mom
Margaret tries to convince her family that her new job is a very important one.
- Season 6 Episode 11: Turn the Other Cheek
Jim and Kathy learn lessons about revenge.
- Season 6 Episode 10: Bud, the Willing Worker
Bud works to get a job; guest James Franciscus.
- Season 6 Episode 9: Kathy Becomes a Girl
Jim teaches Kathy about attracting boys.
- Season 6 Episode 8: Margaret's Old Flame
Margaret gets gifts from an old flame.
- Season 6 Episode 7: First Disillusionment
Bud tells Kathy about his first disillusionment.
- Season 6 Episode 6: Bicycle Trip for Two
Jim tries to repeat a remembered bicycle trip.
- Season 6 Episode 5: Bud Plays It Safe
Bud dates the daughter of the football coach to ensure he gets on the team.
- Season 6 Episode 4: The Impostor
A lawyer (Robert Reed) takes an interest in Betty.
- Season 6 Episode 3: The Gardener's Big Day
The Andersons' gardener is chosen to make a presentation to the governor.
- Season 6 Episode 2: Bud Branches Out
Bud falls for a French-language instructor.
- Season 6 Episode 1: A Day in the Country
The Andersons head to Margaret's family reunion.
Father Knows Best: Season 5 (1958 - 1959)
- Season 5 Episode 38: The Gold Turnip
Bud wants to break tradition at graduation.
- Season 5 Episode 37: Margaret Goes Dancing
Margaret recounts when she took dancing lessons.
- Season 5 Episode 36: The Great Anderson Mystery
The family enacts a murder mystery.
- Season 5 Episode 35: Bud Has a Problem
Betty dates Bud's young physics teacher.
- Season 5 Episode 34: Live My Own Life
Kathy decides that she's had enough and wants to leave home.
- Season 5 Episode 33: The Meanest Professor
Bud gains a new perspective on a stern teacher.
- Season 5 Episode 32: The Promised Playhouse
Jim recalls when he promised Kathy a playhouse.
- Season 5 Episode 31: Bud and the Debutante
Bud dates the richest girl in town.
- Season 5 Episode 30: Formula for Happiness
Jim learns the reality behind a strange dream.
- Season 5 Episode 29: Art of Romance
The Andersons recall a near catastrophe when Jim decided to 'help' Bud with his romance.
- Season 5 Episode 28: An Extraordinary Woman
A famous woman doctor visits the Andersons.
- Season 5 Episode 27: Two Loves Has Bud
Bud winds up dating two girls at once.
- Season 5 Episode 26: It's a Small World
Jim may have to attend a convention alone.
- Season 5 Episode 25: Betty Makes a Choice
Betty learns a dance competitor's secret.
- Season 5 Episode 24: A Man of Merit
Jim learns he is up for a prestigious award.
- Season 5 Episode 23: Kathy Grows Up
Kathy decides that she wants to be an adult.
- Season 5 Episode 22: Crisis Over a Kiss
Bud 'rescues' Betty from a date (Ron Ely).
- Season 5 Episode 21: Bud, the Campus Romeo
Bud's ego infuriates the girls at school.
- Season 5 Episode 20: Hard Luck Leo
Jim tries to help his hard-luck cousin.
- Season 5 Episode 19: Big Shot Bud
Bud finds he cannot replace the money he borrowed.
- Season 5 Episode 18: The Ideal Father
The children appear to neglect Jim's birthday.
- Season 5 Episode 17: The Good Samaritan
Bud's good deeds go awry.
- Season 5 Episode 16: Kathy, Girl Executive
Kathy becomes president of a family corporation.
- Season 5 Episode 15: The Basketball Coach
Jim offers to coach Bud's basketball team.
- Season 5 Episode 14: Christmas Story
The Andersons recall an earlier Christmas they spent out in the country.
- Season 5 Episode 13: The Great Experiment
Jim wants the family to expand its horizons.
- Season 5 Episode 12: Margaret Wins a Car
Margaret wins a car in an orphanage's raffle.
- Season 5 Episode 11: Bud, the Snob
When Bud phones a girl for a date, Jim thinks he's rude and suggests an apology.
- Season 5 Episode 10: Fair Exchange
An Indian exchange student (Rita Moreno) visits.
- Season 5 Episode 9: Betty, the Pioneer Woman
Betty decides to re-enact the town's founding.
- Season 5 Episode 8: Bud, the Caretaker
Bud is given the responsibility of taking care of a neighbor's car.
- Season 5 Episode 7: Second Wedding
The Anderson children learn that their parents weren't married in a church and decide to do something about it.
- Season 5 Episode 6: Always Plan Ahead
Jim plans to teach the children a lesson and almost loses the class.
- Season 5 Episode 5: Frank's Family Tree
The Andersons' gardener lies about his family.
- Season 5 Episode 4: Voice From the Past
Bud plans a homecoming week with the accent on the space age.
- Season 5 Episode 3: Kathy's Romance
Kathy is stricken by puppy love for a neighborhood boy.
- Season 5 Episode 2: Be Kind to Bud Week
Betty is assigned to write a theme on devoted brothers and sisters.Friday 5th December 3:30pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 5 Episode 1: Vine Covered Cottage
Ralph, Betty's boyfriend, asks for her hand in marriage.Friday 5th December 3:00pm EST - WDCWDT2
Father Knows Best: Season 4 (1957 - 1958)
- Season 4 Episode 33: Betty Finds a Cause
Betty leads the fight to have a nearby hedge removed from a dangerous intersection.Thursday 4th December 3:30pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 4 Episode 32: A Matter of Pride
Bud suffers in cramped, but stylish, shoes.Thursday 4th December 3:00pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 4 Episode 31: Bud Quits School
After Bud sees a successful man, he decides to quit school and go to work.Wednesday 3rd December 3:30pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 4 Episode 30: Jim, the Answer Man
Jim tries desperately to finish his work before he has to leave on a trip.Wednesday 3rd December 3:00pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 4 Episode 29: The Weaker Sex
Betty is ashamed to learn that her plot to ensnare a local boy has been discovered.Tuesday 2nd December 3:30pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 4 Episode 28: A Medal for Margaret
Margaret secretly takes fly-casting lessons in hopes of winning a contest.Tuesday 2nd December 3:00pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 4 Episode 27: A Friend in Need
The Andersons are bewildered when a dog rings their doorbell in the middle of the night.Monday 1st December 3:30pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 4 Episode 26: Tell It to Mom
Margaret is an eyewitness to a mole hill rising into a mountain all by itself.Monday 1st December 3:00pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 4 Episode 25: Young Love
Bud is struck with puppy love when he sees a woman in the supermarket.Friday 28th November 3:30pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 4 Episode 24: Betty's Crusade
Betty takes up the cause to save a popular restaurant from being closed.Friday 28th November 3:00pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 4 Episode 23: Poor Old Dad
Bud teases his father about being married.
- Season 4 Episode 22: Country Cousin
Betty is concerned that her cousin will present a bad impression to her friends.
- Season 4 Episode 21: Revenge Is Sweet
Betty is concerned over Bud's failure to present himself in a socially acceptable manner.
- Season 4 Episode 20: The Trial
Bud is accused of causing $100 worth of damage to a neighbor's property.
- Season 4 Episode 19: Margaret's Other Family
The rest of the Anderson family becomes indignant when Margaret shows special attention to another family.
- Season 4 Episode 18: Bud, the Mind Reader
Bud decides that he would like to be a mind reader.
- Season 4 Episode 17: The Rivals
Betty is at first elated when she is invited to the same concert by two different suitors.
- Season 4 Episode 16: Father's Biography
Kathy is disappointed when she learns that Jim won't be able to hear her read her biography of him.
- Season 4 Episode 15: Calypso Kid
Bud thinks that learning the bongos will make him the life of the party.
- Season 4 Episode 14: Big Sister
Betty becomes Kathy's weekend-camp counselor.
- Season 4 Episode 13: Man With a Plan
Bud is embarrassed after he implies that he has enlisted in the armed forces.
- Season 4 Episode 12: Kathy Makes a Wish
Kathy takes a horseshoe to bed with her and wishes for a pony.
- Season 4 Episode 11: Mr. Beal Meets His Match
Writer Betty casts her family in 'Faust.'
- Season 4 Episode 10: Way of a Dictator
Jim and Margaret are stunned when Bud seems to have more success raising Kathy than they have.
- Season 4 Episode 9: Margaret Learns to Drive
Bud is amazed that his parents do not argue like other parents he knows.
- Season 4 Episode 8: Kathy's Big Chance
Kathy thinks she is going to miss her chance to see Greer Garson.
- Season 4 Episode 7: The Indispensable Man
Bud and Jim have a disagreement when Jim insists Bud tell the football coach that he broke training.
- Season 4 Episode 6: Mother Goes to School
Betty resents having her mother in her class.
- Season 4 Episode 5: Sentenced to Happiness
The Andersons' former gardener finds himself in trouble with the law.
- Season 4 Episode 4: Bud, the Executive
Bud lends a strong authoritative hand in organizing a school picnic.
- Season 4 Episode 3: The Good Neighbor
Landlord Margaret has a dispute with a neighbor.
- Season 4 Episode 2: The Awkward Hero
Betty resists a football hero's attentions.
- Season 4 Episode 1: Follow the Leader
Bud is torn in his loyalties when a new teacher comes to school.
Father Knows Best: Season 3 (1956 - 1957)
- Season 3 Episode 37: Shoot for the Moon
An unknown workman helps the Andersons restore their faith in themselves.
- Season 3 Episode 36: Grandpa Retires
Margaret's father gets restless when people start suggesting that he retire.
- Season 3 Episode 35: Margaret Disowns Her Family
Margaret decides to sell the family's baby crib and scales.
- Season 3 Episode 34: Art of Romance
Jim and Betty dispense romantic advice.
- Season 3 Episode 33: Class Prophecy
A friend of Jim's comes to his house on a business matter, and it proves to be embarrassing.
- Season 3 Episode 32: Baby in the House
The Andersons agree to let Betty baby-sit for a neighborhood child.
- Season 3 Episode 31: Bud, the Philanthropist
Bud wants his donation to be known.
- Season 3 Episode 30: The Spelling Bee
Kathy is nervous when she learns that she is to compete in the county spelling contest.
- Season 3 Episode 29: Betty, Track Star
Betty faces a dilemma when a promise threatens to keep her from winning the Flower Queen title.
- Season 3 Episode 28: Bud, the Hero
Bud's heroic deed was really an accident.
- Season 3 Episode 27: Safety First
Bud learns a lesson in safety when he is sentenced to crossing-guard duty for dangerous driving habits.
- Season 3 Episode 26: Bud Buys a Car
Bud's purchase of a used car causes dissension in the Anderson household.
- Season 3 Episode 25: An Evening to Remember
The Anderson household is turned upside down when Cornel Wilde comes to talk with Jim.
- Season 3 Episode 24: Trip to Hillsborough
Bud's plans to go to Hillsborough go astray, but he doggedly persists.
- Season 3 Episode 23: Betty and the Jet Pilot
Betty falls in love with an Army pilot stationed at the local base.
- Season 3 Episode 22: Carnival
Bud learns what it is like to be suckered when he's taken in twice by the same man.
- Season 3 Episode 21: Short Wave
Bud's short-wave radio picks up a distress call from a ship at sea.
- Season 3 Episode 20: The Lawn Party
Jim and Margaret are tired of always chaperoning the neighborhood parties.
- Season 3 Episode 19: Brief Holiday
Margaret takes an impulsive shopping trip.
- Season 3 Episode 18: Swiss Family Anderson
Jim considers buying an island when the family starts complaining at home.
- Season 3 Episode 17: Margaret Hires a Gardener
A kindly Spanish man adopts the Andersons and becomes their gardener.
- Season 3 Episode 16: The Promising Young Man
Jim has problems handling a young man he is supposed to be helping.
- Season 3 Episode 15: The Angel's Sweater
The Christmas holiday is threatened when Jim's sister spends the holidays with the Andersons.
- Season 3 Episode 14: The Good Prospect
An elderly man is forced to accept reality when Kathy crashes his dream world.
- Season 3 Episode 13: Betty Goes Steady
Betty is accepted by a self-appointed group of 'acceptable' students.
- Season 3 Episode 12: The Family Goes to New York
The Andersons are worried when Betty goes to New York to attend a friend's wedding.
- Season 3 Episode 11: The Great Guy
Bud gets a job at the local newspaper, much to Margaret and Jim's disapproval.
- Season 3 Episode 10: Whistle Bait
Betty learns a valuable lesson while teaching others at college.
- Season 3 Episode 9: The Old Days
The Andersons have a dispute over fashion.
- Season 3 Episode 8: Bud, the Millionaire
Jim makes a risky deal with Bud when they agree on a $10-a-week allowance.
- Season 3 Episode 7: Betty's Birthday
Betty asks her family not to celebrate her birthday when she learns that gift giving has become meaningless.
- Season 3 Episode 6: Spaghetti for Margaret
The Andersons arrange a face-saving banquet for a poverty-stricken author.
- Season 3 Episode 5: The Homing Pigeon
Betty decides it is time she went out on her own, so she moves in with a friend of hers.
- Season 3 Episode 4: Man About Town
Bud tries to seem older for a beautiful date.
- Season 3 Episode 3: Betty Goes to College
When Jim and Margaret decide Betty should go to college, they make all the plans for her.
- Season 3 Episode 2: Never the Twain
Betty prepares for the arrival of a cowboy beau.
- Season 3 Episode 1: No Apron Strings
Bud develops a crush on a girl from 'the wrong side of the tracks.'.
Father Knows Best: Season 2 (1955 - 1956)
- Season 2 Episode 37: Betty's Graduation
Betty realizes that her graduation from high school will bring an end to many things.
- Season 2 Episode 36: Adopted Daughter
Kathy thinks she is an adopted child.
- Season 2 Episode 35: The Ten Dollar Question
Jim accuses the children when $10 is missing.
- Season 2 Episode 34: Father, the Naturalist
Jim helps Kathy complete a nature project.
- Season 2 Episode 33: Hero Father
Bud promises Jim's help in getting an all-star ball team to town.
- Season 2 Episode 32: Dilemma for Margaret
Margaret thinks Betty participated in a prank.
- Season 2 Episode 31: The Martins and the Coys
A family feud threatens to separate friends when Jim and a friend have a business falling out.
- Season 2 Episode 30: Betty, Girl Engineer
Betty meets opposition to her plans to be an engineer.
- Season 2 Episode 29: Bud, the Boxer
Bud takes up boxing and decides on it as a career.
- Season 2 Episode 28: Family Dines Out
The Andersons are divided when they receive two dinner invitations for the same night.
- Season 2 Episode 27: Family Reunion
The Andersons' annual trip to Margaret's family reunion is threatened.
- Season 2 Episode 26: The Persistent Guest
Jim is intrigued by a friend of Bud's who never seems to go home.
- Season 2 Episode 25: The Grass Is Greener
The Andersons learn that Jim is one of the 'Four Musketeers' of his college days.
- Season 2 Episode 24: The Historical Andersons
Bud is astounded when he learns that his revolutionary forebear was a scoundrel.
- Season 2 Episode 23: Kathy, the Indian Giver
Jim decides he will never understand women, regardless of age, when he runs head on with Kathy.
- Season 2 Episode 22: The Bus to Nowhere
When Betty decides that life is devoid of significance, she prepares to leave home.
- Season 2 Episode 21: Bud, the Wallflower
Bud is disappointed when he doesn't get an invitation to a Sadie Hawkins dance.
- Season 2 Episode 20: The House Painter
Jim is upset when his attempt to prove a point in faith toward mankind apparently fails.
- Season 2 Episode 19: Betty Earns a Formal
When Jim refuses to buy Betty a gown for a special dance, she sets out to earn the money herself.
- Season 2 Episode 18: Betty's Brother
Bud is faced with academic failure while Betty shines in school.
- Season 2 Episode 17: Jim, the Tyrant
Jim and Kathy go on a free-for-all to determine who will be the family tyrant.
- Season 2 Episode 16: Betty Hates Carter
Betty is enraged when she learns that Jim has arranged a date for her.
- Season 2 Episode 15: Bad Influence
Bud befriends a boy who is a compulsive thief.
- Season 2 Episode 14: Stage to Yuma
A man (Robert Young) boards a stage to free a prisoner.
- Season 2 Episode 13: Margaret's Premonition
Margaret believes that she has premonitions.
- Season 2 Episode 12: Bud, the Lady Killer
Bud tries to rid himself of the unwanted attentions of a girl.
- Season 2 Episode 11: Spirit of Youth
Jim and Margaret feel that they are being relegated to the roles of 'old fogies.'.
- Season 2 Episode 10: Father Is a Dope
Jim suspects that his family is conspiring to keep him from a hunting trip.
- Season 2 Episode 9: The Big Test
Bud is wrongfully accused of cheating in school.
- Season 2 Episode 8: Advantage to Betty
Betty is picked as queen of the sports banquet because of her beauty instead of her ability.
- Season 2 Episode 7: Kathy Makes Magic
Kathy thinks she has put a magic curse on Bud.
- Season 2 Episode 6: New Girl at School
Bud falls for a flirtatious new classmate.
- Season 2 Episode 5: Woman in the House
The Andersons invite the wife of a close friend to be their house guest.
- Season 2 Episode 4: First Disillusionment
After Bud is refused a job because of another's dishonesty, Bud decides that dishonesty is the key to success.
- Season 2 Episode 3: Lesson in Civics
The Andersons try to save a historic landmark that is marked for destruction.
- Season 2 Episode 2: Father's Private Life
Jim decides that his children should solve their own problems.
- Season 2 Episode 1: Art of Salesmanship
Bud makes his point to Jim as they each learn that there are some things that you just aren't cut out to do.
Father Knows Best: Season 1 (1954 - 1955)
- Season 1 Episode 26: Close Decision
Jim decides that Bud can't play in the church baseball game because he hasn't done his chores.
- Season 1 Episode 25: No Partiality
Jim refuses to interfere when Kathy sets her sights on Betty's boyfriend.
- Season 1 Episode 24: Father Delivers the Papers
Jim learns what it's like to deliver papers when Bud is ordered to bed for a few days.
- Season 1 Episode 23: Proud Father
Jim tells his family that their lack of courage is responsible for his lack of confidence.
- Season 1 Episode 22: Bud the Bridesmaid
Bud's refusal to help out in a wedding rehearsal plays an important part in a couple's reunion.
- Season 1 Episode 21: The Matchmaker
A young man's helpful suggestion to Betty backfires when his own plan is used to ensnare him in matrimony.
- Season 1 Episode 20: The Mink Coat
Jim finds his life being controlled by circumstances when he buys a mink coat for Margaret.
- Season 1 Episode 19: Father of the Year
The Anderson children enter an essay into a contest nominating Jim as 'Father of the Year.'.
- Season 1 Episode 18: Jim the Farmer
Jim goes through an identity crisis when he decides he wants to lead the simple life.
- Season 1 Episode 17: The Promised Playhouse
Kathy intends to hold her father to a promise.
- Season 1 Episode 16: Bud the Snob
When Bud's shyness with girls causes a misunderstanding, he is branded a snob.
- Season 1 Episode 15: A Friend of Old George's
A total stranger arrives at the Anderson household on the verge of a birthday celebration.
- Season 1 Episode 14: Boy's Week
When Jim gets a traffic ticket, his court day coincides with Bud's appointed day as judge.
- Season 1 Episode 13: Sparrow in the Window
A wet and sickly sparrow turns a rainy day into a fulfilling day for the Andersons.
- Season 1 Episode 12: The Christmas Story
The Andersons spend Christmas with a hermit.
- Season 1 Episode 11: Margaret Goes Dancing
Jim objects to Margaret's dancing lessons.
- Season 1 Episode 10: Typical Father
Jim's over-reactive imagination takes control of his actions when he fears his daughter is about to elope.
- Season 1 Episode 9: Second Honeymoon
Jim and Margaret plan to get away from the children for a second honeymoon.
- Season 1 Episode 8: Thanksgiving Day
Jim's plans to celebrate Thanksgiving fall apart.Today at 5:30pm EST - WDCWDT2
- Season 1 Episode 7: Bud's Encounter With the Law
After Bud gets a summons to appear at the police station, the family panics.
- Season 1 Episode 6: Grandpa Jim's Rejuvenation
Jim is convinced that he has one foot in the grave.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Live My Own Life
Bud decides that he wants his own apartment.
- Season 1 Episode 4: Football Tickets
Jim has too many guests and not enough tickets to a football game.
- Season 1 Episode 3: The Motor Scooter
Bud finally gets Jim's permission to get a scooter, but he doesn't get Margaret's permission.
- Season 1 Episode 2: Lesson in Citizenship
The Anderson family's good deeds cause chaos.
- Season 1 Episode 1: Bud Takes Up the Dance
Bud's first dance is threatened when he learns that his parents are going to be there.