The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season 5 (1965 - 1966)
- Season 5 Episode 32: The Last Chapter
Rob's autobiography is bought by Alan Brady for a television series.
- Season 5 Episode 31: The Gunslinger
Rob dreams he is a sheriff in the Wild West.
- Season 5 Episode 30: Long Night's Journey Into Day
Laura spends a frightening night alone.
- Season 5 Episode 29: Love Thy Other Neighbor
Millie is jealous of the new neighbors.
- Season 5 Episode 28: You Ought to Be in Pictures
Rob is cast in a low-budget film and turns out to be the screen's worst lover.
- Season 5 Episode 27: The Man From My Uncle
From the Petrie house, FBI agents watch a neighbor.
- Season 5 Episode 26: Obnoxious, Offensive, Egomaniac, Etc.
Rob, Buddy and Sally are in trouble when their script insults the boss.
- Season 5 Episode 25: A Day in the Life of Alan Brady
The Helpers' anniversary bash becomes a documentary.
- Season 5 Episode 24: Talk to the Snail
Thinking he is going to lose his job, Rob has an interview with a ventriloquist.
- Season 5 Episode 23: Bad Reception in Albany
Out-of-town Rob searches for a television set.
- Season 5 Episode 22: Buddy Sorrell -- Man and Boy
Buddy is either seeking therapy or having an affair.
- Season 5 Episode 21: Dear Sally Rogers
As a gag, Sally advertises for a husband on a national television show.
- Season 5 Episode 20: Remember the Alimony
Rob and Laura remember the time they completed an application for a $10 divorce.
- Season 5 Episode 19: The Bottom of Mel Cooley's Heart
Mel takes Rob's advice to stand up to Alan Brady -- and is promptly fired.
- Season 5 Episode 18: The Curse of the Petrie People
Rob's parents give a family heirloom to Laura, who accidentally ruins it.
- Season 5 Episode 17: The Making of a Councilman
Rob agrees to run for office but realizes he'd prefer to vote for his opponent.
- Season 5 Episode 16: I Do Not Choose to Run
Rob can't make up his mind when asked to be a candidate for the city council.
- Season 5 Episode 15: Who Stole My Watch?
Rob accuses his friend of taking his missing watch.
- Season 5 Episode 14: Fifty-Two Forty-Five or Work
Rob recalls the time he was out of work and Laura was expecting Ritchie.
- Season 5 Episode 13: You're Under Arrest
Rob goes out to cool off after a quarrel with Laura and winds up in trouble.
- Season 5 Episode 12: See Rob Write; Write, Rob, Write
Rob and Laura become rivals when each writes a story for children.
- Season 5 Episode 11: Body and Sol
Rob recalls the time he defended his title as middleweight champion of an Army camp.
- Season 5 Episode 10: Go Tell the Birds and the Bees
Rob and Laura find out that Ritchie has been telling stories in school.
- Season 5 Episode 9: Viva Petrie
A bullfighter becomes the Petries' new handyman.
- Season 5 Episode 8: Odd But True
Rob almost earns $500 because the freckles on his back are in the shape of the Liberty Bell.
- Season 5 Episode 7: The Great Petrie Fortune
Rob's dreams of inheriting a fortune seem dashed when he gets an old desk.
- Season 5 Episode 6: Draw Me a Pear
An art instructor sets her sights on student Rob.
- Season 5 Episode 5: No Rice at My Wedding
Rob recalls when he almost lost Laura to another man.
- Season 5 Episode 4: The Ugliest Dog in the World
Rob and Laura try to find a home for an ugly mutt from the dog pound.
- Season 5 Episode 3: Uhny Uftz
Rob tracks a UFO to the office above his own.
- Season 5 Episode 2: A Farewell to Writing
Rob has trouble getting started on writing a book.
- Season 5 Episode 1: Coast-to-Coast Big Mouth
Alan Brady's toupee becomes common knowledge when Laura reveals the secret to a fast-talking game show host
The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season 4 (1964 - 1965)
- Season 4 Episode 32: There's No Sale Like Wholesale
Buddy offers to help Laura get a fur coat for the wholesale price.
- Season 4 Episode 31: Br-Room, Br-Room
Rob buys a motorcycle and is arrested as a joy-riding delinquent.
- Season 4 Episode 30: 100 Terrible Hours
Rob recalls his job interview with Alan Brady following a keep-awake marathon radio broadcast
- Season 4 Episode 29: Baby Fat
Rob lends a helping hand to TV comedian Alan Brady, by rewriting a play starring the celebrity
- Season 4 Episode 28: A Show of Hands
Rob and Laura wear gloves to a prestigious awards banquet to hide their hands after accidentally dying them black
- Season 4 Episode 27: Never Bathe On a Saturday
Laura finds herself in an embarrassing predicament when she gets her toe stuck up the bath spout in a fancy hotel : with the door locked from inside
- Season 4 Episode 26: Not Now Anthony Stone
Nobody really knows what Sally's new boyfriend does for a living.
- Season 4 Episode 25: Your Home Sweet Home Is My Home
Rob recalls when he and a pal wanted the same house.
- Season 4 Episode 24: Bupkis
Rob learns that a song he helped write is about to become a hit.
- Season 4 Episode 23: Girls Will Be Boys
The Petries face a problem when Ritchie is beaten up by a girl.
- Season 4 Episode 22: Young Man With a Shoehorn
Rob learns that a shoe clerk's lot is not always a happy one.
- Season 4 Episode 21: The Case of the Pillow
Rob Petrie becomes a trial lawyer to prosecute a shifty salesman.
- Season 4 Episode 20: The Redcoats Are Coming
The Petries entertain a British duo (Chad & Jeremy).
- Season 4 Episode 19: Boy No. 1 vs. Boy No. 2
Laura and Millie become stage mothers when their sons are cast in a TV commercial.
- Season 4 Episode 18: Stacey Petrie
Stacey (Jerry Van Dyke) saves both his coffeehouse and his romance.
- Season 4 Episode 17: Stacey Petrie
Rob's younger brother involves Sally Rogers in a romantic Waterloo.
- Season 4 Episode 16: The Impractical Joke
Rob resorts to psychological warfare to get even with a practical joker.
- Season 4 Episode 15: Brother, Can You Spare $2500?
Rob receives a ransom demand of $2,500 for his lost television script.
- Season 4 Episode 14: Stretch Petrie vs. Kid Schenk
Rob is forced to squelch the scheme of an opportunistic old friend.
- Season 4 Episode 13: My Two Showoffs and Me
Rob, Sally and Buddy go on big ego trips when a national magazine wants to do a story about them.
- Season 4 Episode 12: The Death of the Party
An ailing Rob tries to attend Laura's family reunion without anyone finding out that he is sick.
- Season 4 Episode 11: It Wouldn't Hurt Them to Give Us a Raise
The writers demand a raise and get entangled in the world of corporate finance.
- Season 4 Episode 10: Pink Pills for Purple Parents
Laura takes two pink pills and suffers disastrous side effects.
- Season 4 Episode 9: Three Letters From One Wife
Rob risks his job when he convinces Alan Brady to do a cultural documentary program.
- Season 4 Episode 8: The Alan Brady Show Goes to Jail
The Alan Brady writers entertain at a prison and Rob gets locked up with the inmates.
- Season 4 Episode 7: 4 1/2
Rob and pregnant Laura are trapped with a robber (Don Rickles).
- Season 4 Episode 6: Romance, Roses and Rye Bread
Sally Rogers is romanced by her 'secret' admirer -- the owner of Monker's Delicatessen.
- Season 4 Episode 5: The Man From Emperor
Rob is offered a job as humor consultant on a magazine for men-about-town.
- Season 4 Episode 4: The Vigilante Ripped My Sports Coat
Rob's friendship with Jerry is almost destroyed in a row over a neighbor's crab grass lawn.
- Season 4 Episode 3: The Lady and the Baby Sitter
A teenage baby-sitter has a crush on Laura.
- Season 4 Episode 2: The Ghost of A. Chantz
Rob, Laura, Sally and Buddy spend a frightening night in a haunted cabin at a mountain resort.
- Season 4 Episode 1: My Mother Can Beat Up My Father
Laura proves more proficient than Rob in the art of self-defense.
The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season 3 (1963 - 1964)
- Season 3 Episode 32: Teacher's Petrie
Rob is skeptical when Laura's new writing teacher thinks she shows promise.
- Season 3 Episode 31: I'd Rather Be Bald Than Have No Head at All
Rob starts a daily count of the hairs he is losing.
- Season 3 Episode 30: My Neighbor's Husband's Other Life
Rob and Laura suspect the worst when they spy Jerry dining out with another woman.
- Season 3 Episode 29: Dear Mrs. Petrie, Your Husband Is in Jail
A night with an Army buddy lands Rob in jail.
- Season 3 Episode 28: October Eve
An art exhibition at a New York gallery causes distinct embarrassment for Laura, as a nude portrait bearing her likeness is displayed. Classic American comedy from the 1960s
- Season 3 Episode 27: The Return of Edwin Carp
Rob rounds up three notable personalities from the old days of radio for a TV special.
- Season 3 Episode 26: Scratch My Car and Die
A scratch on Rob's brand-new car brings on a domestic crisis.
- Season 3 Episode 25: The Plots Thicken
The Petries' parents conflict over cemetery plots.
- Season 3 Episode 24: How to Spank a Star
At the insistence of a domineering guest star, Rob takes over as producer of 'The Alan Brady Show.'.
- Season 3 Episode 23: Honeymoons Are for the Lucky
Rob recalls the hectic time of his Army marriage to Laura, and their trouble getting away for a honeymoon.
- Season 3 Episode 22: My Part-Time Wife
Rob nearly goes out of his mind when Laura fills in for Sally at the office.
- Season 3 Episode 21: The Pen Is Mightier Than the Mouth
Sally becomes a television personality overnight, and it is Rob and Buddy who suffer.
- Season 3 Episode 20: The Brave and the Backache
Rob consults a psychiatrist to determine whether a series of mysterious ailments is psychosomatic.
- Season 3 Episode 19: Happy Birthday and Too Many More
Laura and Rob give Ritchie a birthday party and 63 screaming moppets make a shambles of their house.
- Season 3 Episode 18: A Nice Friendly Game of Cards
Rob wins at poker, but almost loses a few friends after inadvertently using marked cards.
- Season 3 Episode 17: The Life and Love of Joe Coogan
An old flame of Laura's stirs up jealous feelings in Rob : especially when he sees the love poems he sent her years before. Michael Forest guests in the classic comedy
- Season 3 Episode 16: The Lady and the Tiger and the Lawyer
When a handsome bachelor moves in next door, Rob and Laura turn matchmakers.
- Season 3 Episode 15: My Husband Is the Best One
Rob finds himself in trouble when Laura interferes with an interview he is giving on Alan Brady.
- Season 3 Episode 14: The Third One From the Left
A chorus girl on 'The Alan Brady Show' falls desperately in love with Rob.
- Season 3 Episode 13: The Alan Brady Show Presents
The entire 'Alan Brady' staff presents a Christmas show instead of the script turned in by the writers.
- Season 3 Episode 12: The Sound of the Trumpets of Conscience Falls Deafly on a Brain That Holds Its Ears ... Or Something Like That!
Rob becomes involved with the police when he thinks he has witnessed two crooks making their getaway.
- Season 3 Episode 11: Turtles, Ties and Toreadors
Rob feels very much the hero when he hires a maid for his overworked wife, Laura.
- Season 3 Episode 10: The Ballad of Betty Lou
Rob and Jerry buy a sailboat.
- Season 3 Episode 9: Big Max Calvada
An underworld figure involves Rob, Sally and Buddy in an unusual writing assignment.
- Season 3 Episode 8: Uncle George
Rob's Uncle George arrives in town and asks his nephew to find him a wife.
- Season 3 Episode 7: Who and Where Was Antonio Stradivarius?
Rob finds himself at a party in a strange town, dancing with a young woman.
- Season 3 Episode 6: Too Many Stars
As usual, Rob finds he has too many 'stars' on his hands when he tries to direct this year's show for the Parent Council.
- Season 3 Episode 5: All About Eavesdropping
Rob and Laura listen in on the Helpers' conversation over Richie's toy intercom : and they don't like what they hear
- Season 3 Episode 4: Very Old Shoes, Very Old Rice
Rob and Laura, having learned they are not legally married, make plans to elope.
- Season 3 Episode 3: Laura's Little Lie
Laura admits to Rob that she lied about her age on their marriage licence : was their commitment ever legal? Classic comedy, also featuring Mary Tyler Moore and Rose Marie
- Season 3 Episode 2: The Masterpiece
Rob and Laura return home from an auction with two mysterious pieces of art.
- Season 3 Episode 1: That's My Boy?
Rob reminisces about the days following Richie's birth, during which he convinced himself that the hospital had given them the wrong baby. Vintage comedy series, also starring Mary Tyler Moore
The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season 2 (1962 - 1963)
- Season 2 Episode 32: When a Bowling Pin Talks, Listen
Rob finds himself in hot water after inadvertently lifting a comedy idea from another show.
- Season 2 Episode 31: Jilting the Jilter
Sally gets a marriage proposal from an opportunistic comic (Guy Marks) who wants her to write his material.
- Season 2 Episode 30: A Surprise Surprise Is a Surprise
Laura despairs when Rob learns of her elaborate plans to throw a surprise party for him.
- Season 2 Episode 29: It's a Shame She Married Me
Rob suffers pangs of jealousy when Laura meets a successful old flame (Robert Vaughn).
- Season 2 Episode 28: Divorce
Rob finds himself caught in the middle after Buddy announces he is going to divorce Pickles.
- Season 2 Episode 27: Racy Tracy Rattigan
A romantic British film star (Richard Dawson) arouses Rob's ire by his attentions to Laura.
- Season 2 Episode 26: I'm No Henry Walden!
Rob finds himself very out of place at a dinner party for several celebrated literati.
- Season 2 Episode 25: The Square Triangle
French singing idol Jacques Savon, who has played a curious part in both Rob's and Laura's pasts, suddenly reappears.
- Season 2 Episode 24: The Sam Pomerantz Scandals
Rob, Laura and the office gang put together a variety show to help an old friend.
- Season 2 Episode 23: Give Me Your Walls
Rob hires a master painter to do the living room.
- Season 2 Episode 22: Don't Trip Over That Mountain
Novice skier Rob regrets ignoring Laura's warning.
- Season 2 Episode 21: My Husband Is a Check-Grabber
Laura tries to break Rob of his expensive habit of picking up the check.
- Season 2 Episode 20: It May Look Like a Walnut
After watching a late-night TV thriller, Rob has a nightmare about an alien who looks like TV star Danny Thomas
- Season 2 Episode 19: I Was a Teenage Head Writer
An office crisis sets Rob to reminiscing about his hectic early days as a comedy writer.
- Season 2 Episode 18: Ray Murdock's X-Ray
Rob unwittingly describes Laura as a 'nut' on TV.
- Season 2 Episode 17: Will You Two Be My Wife?
Rob is slapped, kicked and screamed at by the girl he left behind when he entered the Army.
- Season 2 Episode 16: The Foul Weather Girl
Laura believes her marriage is threatened by a singing weather girl.
- Season 2 Episode 15: The Cat Burglar
A phantom burglar pillages the Petrie home and baffles the police.
- Season 2 Episode 14: Somebody Has to Play Cleopatra
Director Rob must cast the role of Cleopatra.
- Season 2 Episode 13: A Man's Teeth Are Not His Own
Rob feels that he has betrayed his dentist friend, Jerry, when he goes to another dentist.
- Season 2 Episode 12: Gesundheit Darling
Rob begins to fear that he is allergic to his own family when proximity to Laura and Ritchie starts him sneezing.
- Season 2 Episode 11: A Bird in the Head Hurts
Ritchie runs into the house screaming that he has been pecked on the head by a giant woodpecker.
- Season 2 Episode 10: The Secret Life of Buddy and Sally
Rob suspects co-writers Buddy and Sally of carrying on a clandestine romance.
- Season 2 Episode 9: The Night the Roof Fell In
A tiring day causes a spat between the Petries.
- Season 2 Episode 8: Like a Sister
A balladeer brings romance into television comedy writer Sally Rogers' life.
- Season 2 Episode 7: What's in a Middle Name?
Rob has some explaining to do when son Ritchie discovers his peculiar middle name.
- Season 2 Episode 6: My Husband Is Not a Drunk
Rob's hypnotic experience results in him acting completely drunk whenever he hears a bell ring
- Season 2 Episode 5: Hustling the Hustler
Rob has an evening of high adventure with a veteran pool shark who pretends he cannot play the game.
- Season 2 Episode 4: Bank Book 6565696
Rob learns Laura has a secret bank account.
- Season 2 Episode 3: The Attempted Marriage
Rob recalls how he arrived battered, bruised and three hours late for his wedding
- Season 2 Episode 2: The Two Faces of Rob
To prove that a wife cannot always recognize her husband on the phone, Rob disguises his voice and calls Laura.
- Season 2 Episode 1: Never Name a Duck
When one of Ritchie's two pet ducks dies, it seems as if the Petrie family has lost one of its human members.
The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season 1 (1961 - 1962)
- Season 1 Episode 30: The Return of Happy Spangler
Rob tries to help an old radio comedy writer make a comeback.
- Season 1 Episode 29: Sol and the Sponsor
A dinner party for Rob's television sponsor and his wife is enlivened by the arrival of one of Rob's Army buddies.
- Season 1 Episode 28: The Bad Old Days
Buddy convinces Rob that he and all other American husbands are being dominated by women.
- Season 1 Episode 27: The Sleeping Brother
Rob's brother (Jerry Van Dyke) auditions for the show while awake.
- Season 1 Episode 26: I Am My Brother's Keeper
Rob's bashful brother arrives in town and proves to be confident and outgoing only when he is sleepwalking.
- Season 1 Episode 25: Where You Been, Fassbinder?
Romance enters Sally's life in the form of an insurance salesman named Leo Fassbinder.
- Season 1 Episode 24: One Angry Man
While serving jury duty, Rob finds himself siding with the female defendant.
- Season 1 Episode 23: The Twizzle
Sally drags the entire production staff to a bowling alley, where she unveils a new dance and a new song.
- Season 1 Episode 22: Father of the Week
Rob's paternal pride suffers a cruel shock when he finds out his 6-year-old son is ashamed of him.
- Season 1 Episode 21: The Boarder Incident
While his wife is away, Buddy accepts Rob's invitation to move in as a house guest.
- Season 1 Episode 20: A Word a Day
Ritchie's expanding vocabulary starts to branch out in unexpected directions.
- Season 1 Episode 19: The Talented Neighborhood
When his show announces a talent contest, Rob finds himself besieged by the parents of neighborhood prodigies.
- Season 1 Episode 18: Who Owes Who What?
For Rob, a forgotten loan turns into a forgotten debt and a television script.
- Season 1 Episode 17: Punch Thy Neighbor
Rob's pal Jerry strains their friendship when he starts knocking Rob's television show in public.
- Season 1 Episode 16: The Curious Thing About Women
Laura's curiosity gets the better of her when she decides to open a parcel addressed to Rob, but her enthusiasm soon wanes when she finds what's inside
- Season 1 Episode 15: Where Did I Come From?
Rob recalls how Laura arrived at the maternity ward in a laundry truck as he reminisces about her final frantic days of pregnancy
- Season 1 Episode 14: Buddy, Can You Spare a Job?
After Buddy quits his job for another that falls through, Rob and Sally conspire to get his old job back.
- Season 1 Episode 13: Sally Is a Girl
Rob is accused of being a Don Juan when he takes his wife's advice and stops treating Sally as one of the boys.
- Season 1 Episode 12: Empress Carlotta's Necklace
Rob proudly presents Laura with a huge, horrible necklace, but she can't bring herself to tell him it is ugly.
- Season 1 Episode 11: Forty-Four Tickets
Rob invites 44 fellow PTA members to his television show, but forgets all about them until the programme is about to air
- Season 1 Episode 10: The Meershatz Pipe
Rob fears he is no longer needed when his co-writers turn out a show without his help.
- Season 1 Episode 9: The Unwelcome House Guest
Rob agrees to care for Buddy's dog for a weekend.
- Season 1 Episode 8: To Tell or Not to Tell
Rob and Ritchie find themselves more than a little lost when Laura briefly resumes her dancing career.
- Season 1 Episode 7: Jealousy!
Laura begins to worry when Rob has to work nights with a beautiful TV star.
- Season 1 Episode 6: Harrison B. Harding of Camp Crowder, Mo.
Rob invites an old Army pal home and begins to fear he is a jewel thief.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Oh How We Met the Night That We Danced
While rummaging through Rob's old Army equipment, Rob and Laura recall how he broke her foot.
- Season 1 Episode 4: Washington vs. the Bunny
Rob is determined to go on a business trip even though Laura wants him to stay.
- Season 1 Episode 3: Sally and the Lab Technician
Laura matches her cousin Thomas with Rob's co-writer, Sally, for a dinner party.
- Season 1 Episode 2: My Blonde-Haired Brunette
Laura dyes her hair blonde in an attempt to win Rob's affections and recapture the magic she feels has faded from her marriage
- Season 1 Episode 1: The Sick Boy and the Sitter
Rob persuades Laura to attend a party at Alan Brady's penthouse, despite her desire to stay at home with her sick five-year-old