The Desert Speaks: Season 19 (2012)
- Season 19 Episode 10: Navajo Canyon Lands
The geological and spiritual history of Lake Powell and the Glen Canyon region of Utah and Arizona.
- Season 19 Episode 9: Dying Traditions in a Mexican Pueblo
The pueblos of Sierra Madre, Mexico; a donkey-powered pinole grinder made of stone; a leather goods shop in Sahuaripa, Mexico.
- Season 19 Episode 8: Into the Swell: Utah's High Desert
Utah's San Rafael Swell and Little Grand Canyon.
- Season 19 Episode 7: Utah's Slick Rock Country
Hiking through Canyon X and Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah; Goblin Valley State Park.
- Season 19 Episode 6: Jaguars and Vaqueros
The Northern Jaguar Project tracks jaguar movements throughout Eastern Sonora, Mexico.
- Season 19 Episode 5: Desert Venom
Tiger rattlesnakes; rattlesnake dens in the mountains; gila monster.
- Season 19 Episode 4: Beyond the Asphalt Part 2
Kartchner Caverns State Park; Tombstone, Ariz.; Sandhill Cranes of Sulphur Springs Valley; Chiricahua Mountains.
- Season 19 Episode 3: Beyond the Asphalt Part 1
Hot-air balloon ride in Yuma, Ariz.; Arizona Territorial Prison; Sonoran Desert National Monument; Picacho Peak State Park.
- Season 19 Episode 2: The Gadsden Purchase Part 2
Pinaleno Mountains; Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument; Quitobaquito Springs; border fences between the U.S. and Mexico.
- Season 19 Episode 1: The Gadsden Purchase Part 1
Cemetery in Hachita, N.M.; Geronimo Surrenders Monument; Gadsden Hotel; a trip 300-feet underground on Bisbee's Queen Mine Tour.
The Desert Speaks: Season 18 (2008 - 2009)
- Season 18 Episode 10: Desert Descent: Chile's Atacama
- Season 18 Episode 9: Tracking Trade in the Chilean Andes
- Season 18 Episode 8: People Locked in Time: The Atacama Desert
- Season 18 Episode 7: Patagonia's Cultural Trail: From the Coast to the Andes
- Season 18 Episode 6: Penguins in a Patagonia Desert
- Season 18 Episode 5: Chilean Wines: A Way of Life
- Season 18 Episode 4: Finding the Fault in California's Desert
- Season 18 Episode 3: Marine Sanctuary: Preserving Desert Life
- Season 18 Episode 2: Navigating a Desert Island
- Season 18 Episode 1: Sea of Cortez: Then and Now
The Desert Speaks: Season 17 (2007)
- Season 17 Episode 13: Argentina: Ancient Patagonia People
Cuerva de los Manos: stenciled handprints; Cerro de los Indios; little ranches; modern sheep-herding gauchos.
- Season 17 Episode 12: Patagonia's Glacial Landscape
The Patagonian landscape; El Calafate, the gateway to Los Glaciares National Park; an ice cave; glacial calving.
- Season 17 Episode 11: Sonora's Forgotten River
Tracing the Rio San Miguel through Sonora, Mexico; Father Kino's monument; Cucurpe.
- Season 17 Episode 10: Ageless Mud: Adobe Homes in the Desert
A restoration crew at San Xavier del Bac Mission uses new adobe to repair existing exterior; a commercial brickyard; the Tucson Mountains.
- Season 17 Episode 9: Sierra Madre Easter
Indigenous peoples of Chihuahua, Mexico; evidence of advanced drainage systems in Paquime, Mexico; a Mennonite farm operation.
- Season 17 Episode 8: Hummingbirds: From Desert to Jungle
The life of the hummingbird, from the Sonoran Desert to Ecuador's mountaintop preserve of Loma Alta; howler monkeys.
- Season 17 Episode 7: Ecuador's Fog Forest: Mists Over the Desert
Loma Alta, Ecuador, sits below a cloud-forest nature preserve; a hummingbird oasis.
- Season 17 Episode 6: On the Road to Cajamarca
The witches market in Chiclayo offers herbs, hallucinogens and other natural remedies; Ventanillas de Otuzco.
- Season 17 Episode 5: Palms in the Desert
California's Coachella Valley is the hottest inhabited place in the Northern Hemisphere; Palm Canyon; Oasis Date Gardens.
- Season 17 Episode 4: Magical Michoacan
The rugged coast, habitats and traditions of Michoacan, Mexico; banana plantation; Sandbox Tree bears explosive fruit; Mala Mujer shrub.
- Season 17 Episode 3: Passions of the Pitaya
Annual festival dedicated to pitaya cactus fruit; workers harvest pitayas by lamplight; carpenter makes furniture from columnar cactus wood.
- Season 17 Episode 2: Tequila: Exploring the Legend
The history and production process of tequila in Jalisco, Mexico.
- Season 17 Episode 1: Exploring Arizona's Big Empty
Exploring the 'Arizona Strip' for evidence of early settlements; high desert plants; California Condor Restoration Project.
The Desert Speaks: Season 16 (2006)
- Season 16 Episode 13: Giants on a Galapagos Island
The market at Puerto Ayora in Santa Cruz; Darwin Research Station's saddle back tortoises; land iguanas; volcanic craters.
- Season 16 Episode 12: Of Drought and Fire
Evidence of drought, fire, and civilization; a hike through Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.
- Season 16 Episode 11: Medieval Drought in the Southwest
Scientists use tree rings from the White Mountains of California and Sequoia National Park to determine how long the Medieval drought lasted.
- Season 16 Episode 10: The People of Peru's Cloud Forest
South American hats; a museum houses the ancestors of the Chachapoyas; Kuelap's active archeological site.
- Season 16 Episode 9: Costal Civilizations of Ancient Peru
Adobe pyramids tower over the Peruvian countryside; the Royal Tombs of Sipan house some of the world's richest gold artifacts.
- Season 16 Episode 8: Peru's Amazon Desert
The Rio Maranon in the Amazon boasts a growing abundance of desert vegetation; a gushing spring powers woodworking machinery.
- Season 16 Episode 7: Desert Treasures
A hunt for fish fossils in the Red Desert of Wyoming; Painted Desert; meteorite collector Robert Haag.
- Season 16 Episode 6: Cruising on the Mother Road
The second half of the deserts along Route 66, from the Petrified Forest to the Joshua trees of the Mojave Desert.
- Season 16 Episode 5: Kickin' West on Route 66
Historic Route 66 allows thousands of Americans to make the journey to California.
- Season 16 Episode 4: On the Trail of a Living Fossil
Scientists mark and track desert tortoises using telemetry; homes benefit from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum's Tortoise Adoption Program.
- Season 16 Episode 3: Mending Australia's Ancient Forest
The Gondwana Link project is an ecological restoration process geared toward repairing habitats fractured after World War II.
- Season 16 Episode 2: Outpost of the Outback
Alice Springs Desert Park's rivers, sand country and woodlands habitats are home to kangaroos, wallabies and bilbies.
- Season 16 Episode 1: Saving Australia's Wild West
Prime bird-watching sites in Australia; helicopter excursion.
The Desert Speaks: Season 15 (2005)
- Season 15 Episode 13: Boom and Bust in a Desert Town
Quartzsite, Ariz., is located 20 miles east of the Colorado River.
- Season 15 Episode 12: Wines of the Desert
Baja's wine industry.
- Season 15 Episode 11: Pilgrimage to a Party
A pilgrimage by foot and horseback to the church in Sonora's Magdalena de Kino pays homage to San Francisco.
- Season 15 Episode 10: Grand Canyon, Floating Through Time
The geology of the Grand Canyon and its desert vegetation.
- Season 15 Episode 9: Grand Canyon, The Human Touch
Sacred salt mines; the intersection of the Little Colorado River with the main river; canyon concert.
- Season 15 Episode 8: Bats Among Us
Once home to prehistoric Sinagua Indians, Montezuma Castle now houses a colony of bats.
- Season 15 Episode 7: Life Along the Rio Sonora
The Rio Sonora in northwest Mexico stretches to the Gulf of California near Kino Bay.
- Season 15 Episode 6: Ancient Secrets of the Galapagos
Marine iguanas and the flightless cormorant are some of the creatures in the waters off the Galapagos Islands.
- Season 15 Episode 5: Treasures of the Galapagos
Searching for large cacti on a desert island; flamingos; ghost crabs.
- Season 15 Episode 4: Gateway to the Galapagos
The volcanic origins of the islands of Ecuador.
- Season 15 Episode 3: Heart of a Pueblo
Exploring plazas from pre-Hispanic to modern and how they were used by people in the New World.
- Season 15 Episode 2: Wyoming's Red Desert
The Red Desert has the largest desert elk herd and largest migratory game herd in the continental United States.
- Season 15 Episode 1: Goat Packing in the Red Desert
The Red Desert of southwest Wyoming and the Honeycomb Buttes.
The Desert Speaks: Season 14 (2004)
- Season 14 Episode 13: Royal Road to the Final Outpost
Journey along the El Camino Real; monument to Mexican soldier Pancho Villa; Chamizal National Memorial.
- Season 14 Episode 12: Royal Road Across the Frontier
A journey along El Camino Real; history of the springs of Aguas Calientes; mining town.
- Season 14 Episode 11: Origins of a Royal Road
El Camino Real trade route from southern Mexico to New Mexico.
- Season 14 Episode 10: Living Traditions of the Tohono O'Odham
The Tohono O'odham live on the second-largest reservation in the U.S.
- Season 14 Episode 9: Desolation Canyon River Journey
A trip down the Green River in Utah includes a look at the Dinosaur National Monument and Desolation Canyon.
- Season 14 Episode 8: Peru's Canyon of the Condor
Peru's Colca Canyon; Andean condors; terraced farming; fruit of the sancyo cactus; harvest; quinoa.
- Season 14 Episode 7: Sea to Sky: Along an Incan Road
Incan culture; rock art; Nazca lines; underground canals; aqueducts; Incan burial ground.
- Season 14 Episode 6: Tracks in the Shifting Sand
Sand dunes; the Imperial Sand Dunes National Recreation Area; Mexico's Gran Desierto Dunes; Utah's Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park.
- Season 14 Episode 5: Monumental Dunes
Sand dunes in Colorado's Rocky Mountains, the base of the Guadalupe Mountains in west Texas and the White Sands National Monument in New Mexico.
- Season 14 Episode 4: The Lost Palm Weavers of Sonora
The traditions of the Apatas, an aboriginal group in Sonora, Mexico, including palm-weaving.
- Season 14 Episode 3: People and Their Prickly Plants
Collecting plants; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Boyce Thompson Arboretum; Bach's Cactus Nursery in Tucson, Ariz.; cactus cultivation.
- Season 14 Episode 2: Ancient Andean Civilizations
La Paz, Bolivia; Witches' Market; Lake Titicaca; Incan temple.
- Season 14 Episode 1: The Driest Desert in the World
The Pan-American Highway; Lima, Peru; Ballestas Islands; Toro Muerto.
The Desert Speaks: Season 13
- Season 13 Episode 8: Oaxaca: Footsteps in Tradition
The Valle de Tehuacan is not only home to the world's greatest variety of cacti, but possibly the birthplace of domestic corn.
- Season 13 Episode 7: Tehuacan: A Spanish Legacy
Exploring the Spanish influence in the valley of Tehuacan and Oaxaca.
- Season 13 Episode 6: Cactus Capital of the World
Eighteen species of cacti grow in the Valle de Tehuacan and nearby Oaxaca, all used by native peoples.
- Season 13 Episode 5: River Runs Dry
The Gila River, which formerly flowed across Arizona, is used up and dries out merely halfway to its former confluence with the Colorado River.
- Season 13 Episode 4: Bolivia: Volcanoes, Flamingos, and Salt Lakes
The ecosystems of southwestern Bolivia's desert and volcano regions.
- Season 13 Episode 3: Ancient Peoples of the High Desert
Life in the foothills of the Bolivian Andes, in the village of Santiago de K, includes harvesting endemic potatoes and quinoa.
- Season 13 Episode 2: Bolivia: The Cold Desert Frontier
Exploring the highest desert in the world, located in southwestern Bolivia.
- Season 13 Episode 1: Desert Whales
Gray whales travel thousands of miles to reproduce at San Ignacio lagoon of Baja California.
The Desert Speaks: Season 1
- Season 1 Episode 5: Research in the Desert
Desert creatures aid research scientists.
- Season 1 Episode 3: Toxins/Venoms
Identifying dangerous and poisonous desert plants and animals.
- Season 1 Episode 2: Life Cycles
Wildflowers, spadefoot toads, cacti, ocotillo and other desert wildlife.
- Season 1 Episode 1: Colors of the Desert
This 13-part series examining the Sonoran Desert opens with the desert's colors.