The Desert Speaks: Season 19 (2012)
- Season 19 Episode 10: Navajo Canyon Lands
The geological and spiritual history of Lake Powell and the Glen Canyon region of Utah and Arizona.
- Season 19 Episode 9: Dying Traditions in a Mexican Pueblo
The pueblos of Sierra Madre, Mexico; a donkey-powered pinole grinder made of stone; a leather goods shop in Sahuaripa, Mexico.
- Season 19 Episode 8: Into the Swell: Utah's High Desert
Utah's San Rafael Swell and Little Grand Canyon.
- Season 19 Episode 7: Utah's Slick Rock Country
Hiking through Canyon X and Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah; Goblin Valley State Park.
- Season 19 Episode 6: Jaguars and Vaqueros
The Northern Jaguar Project tracks jaguar movements throughout Eastern Sonora, Mexico.
- Season 19 Episode 5: Desert Venom
Tiger rattlesnakes; rattlesnake dens in the mountains; gila monster.
- Season 19 Episode 4: Beyond the Asphalt Part 2
Kartchner Caverns State Park; Tombstone, Ariz.; Sandhill Cranes of Sulphur Springs Valley; Chiricahua Mountains.
- Season 19 Episode 3: Beyond the Asphalt Part 1
Hot-air balloon ride in Yuma, Ariz.; Arizona Territorial Prison; Sonoran Desert National Monument; Picacho Peak State Park.
- Season 19 Episode 2: The Gadsden Purchase Part 2
Pinaleno Mountains; Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument; Quitobaquito Springs; border fences between the U.S. and Mexico.
- Season 19 Episode 1: The Gadsden Purchase Part 1
Cemetery in Hachita, N.M.; Geronimo Surrenders Monument; Gadsden Hotel; a trip 300-feet underground on Bisbee's Queen Mine Tour.
The Desert Speaks: Season 18 (2008 - 2009)
- Season 18 Episode 10: Desert Descent: Chile's Atacama
- Season 18 Episode 9: Tracking Trade in the Chilean Andes
- Season 18 Episode 8: People Locked in Time: The Atacama Desert
- Season 18 Episode 7: Patagonia's Cultural Trail: From the Coast to the Andes
- Season 18 Episode 6: Penguins in a Patagonia Desert
- Season 18 Episode 5: Chilean Wines: A Way of Life
- Season 18 Episode 4: Finding the Fault in California's Desert
- Season 18 Episode 3: Marine Sanctuary: Preserving Desert Life
- Season 18 Episode 2: Navigating a Desert Island
- Season 18 Episode 1: Sea of Cortez: Then and Now
The Desert Speaks: Season 17 (2007)
- Season 17 Episode 13: Argentina: Ancient Patagonia People
Cuerva de los Manos: stenciled handprints; Cerro de los Indios; little ranches; modern sheep-herding gauchos.
- Season 17 Episode 12: Patagonia's Glacial Landscape
The Patagonian landscape; El Calafate, the gateway to Los Glaciares National Park; an ice cave; glacial calving.
- Season 17 Episode 11: Sonora's Forgotten River
Tracing the Rio San Miguel through Sonora, Mexico; Father Kino's monument; Cucurpe.
- Season 17 Episode 10: Ageless Mud: Adobe Homes in the Desert
A restoration crew at San Xavier del Bac Mission uses new adobe to repair existing exterior; a commercial brickyard; the Tucson Mountains.
- Season 17 Episode 9: Sierra Madre Easter
Indigenous peoples of Chihuahua, Mexico; evidence of advanced drainage systems in Paquime, Mexico; a Mennonite farm operation.
- Season 17 Episode 8: Hummingbirds: From Desert to Jungle
The life of the hummingbird, from the Sonoran Desert to Ecuador's mountaintop preserve of Loma Alta; howler monkeys.
- Season 17 Episode 7: Ecuador's Fog Forest: Mists Over the Desert
Loma Alta, Ecuador, sits below a cloud-forest nature preserve; a hummingbird oasis.
- Season 17 Episode 6: On the Road to Cajamarca
The witches market in Chiclayo offers herbs, hallucinogens and other natural remedies; Ventanillas de Otuzco.
- Season 17 Episode 5: Palms in the Desert
California's Coachella Valley is the hottest inhabited place in the Northern Hemisphere; Palm Canyon; Oasis Date Gardens.
- Season 17 Episode 4: Magical Michoacan
The rugged coast, habitats and traditions of Michoacan, Mexico; banana plantation; Sandbox Tree bears explosive fruit; Mala Mujer shrub.
- Season 17 Episode 3: Passions of the Pitaya
Annual festival dedicated to pitaya cactus fruit; workers harvest pitayas by lamplight; carpenter makes furniture from columnar cactus wood.
- Season 17 Episode 2: Tequila: Exploring the Legend
The history and production process of tequila in Jalisco, Mexico.
- Season 17 Episode 1: Exploring Arizona's Big Empty
Exploring the 'Arizona Strip' for evidence of early settlements; high desert plants; California Condor Restoration Project.
The Desert Speaks: Season 16 (2006)
- Season 16 Episode 13: Giants on a Galapagos Island
The market at Puerto Ayora in Santa Cruz; Darwin Research Station's saddle back tortoises; land iguanas; volcanic craters.
- Season 16 Episode 12: Of Drought and Fire
Evidence of drought, fire, and civilization; a hike through Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.
- Season 16 Episode 11: Medieval Drought in the Southwest
Scientists use tree rings from the White Mountains of California and Sequoia National Park to determine how long the Medieval drought lasted.
- Season 16 Episode 10: The People of Peru's Cloud Forest
South American hats; a museum houses the ancestors of the Chachapoyas; Kuelap's active archeological site.
- Season 16 Episode 9: Costal Civilizations of Ancient Peru
Adobe pyramids tower over the Peruvian countryside; the Royal Tombs of Sipan house some of the world's richest gold artifacts.
- Season 16 Episode 8: Peru's Amazon Desert
The Rio Maranon in the Amazon boasts a growing abundance of desert vegetation; a gushing spring powers woodworking machinery.
- Season 16 Episode 7: Desert Treasures
A hunt for fish fossils in the Red Desert of Wyoming; Painted Desert; meteorite collector Robert Haag.
- Season 16 Episode 6: Cruising on the Mother Road
The second half of the deserts along Route 66, from the Petrified Forest to the Joshua trees of the Mojave Desert.
- Season 16 Episode 5: Kickin' West on Route 66
Historic Route 66 allows thousands of Americans to make the journey to California.
- Season 16 Episode 4: On the Trail of a Living Fossil
Scientists mark and track desert tortoises using telemetry; homes benefit from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum's Tortoise Adoption Program.
- Season 16 Episode 3: Mending Australia's Ancient Forest
The Gondwana Link project is an ecological restoration process geared toward repairing habitats fractured after World War II.
- Season 16 Episode 2: Outpost of the Outback
Alice Springs Desert Park's rivers, sand country and woodlands habitats are home to kangaroos, wallabies and bilbies.
- Season 16 Episode 1: Saving Australia's Wild West
Prime bird-watching sites in Australia; helicopter excursion.
The Desert Speaks: Season 15 (2005)
- Season 15 Episode 13: Boom and Bust in a Desert Town
Quartzsite, Ariz., is located 20 miles east of the Colorado River.
- Season 15 Episode 12: Wines of the Desert
Baja's wine industry.
- Season 15 Episode 11: Pilgrimage to a Party
A pilgrimage by foot and horseback to the church in Sonora's Magdalena de Kino pays homage to San Francisco.
- Season 15 Episode 10: Grand Canyon, Floating Through Time
The geology of the Grand Canyon and its desert vegetation.
- Season 15 Episode 9: Grand Canyon, The Human Touch
Sacred salt mines; the intersection of the Little Colorado River with the main river; canyon concert.
- Season 15 Episode 8: Bats Among Us
Once home to prehistoric Sinagua Indians, Montezuma Castle now houses a colony of bats.
- Season 15 Episode 7: Life Along the Rio Sonora
The Rio Sonora in northwest Mexico stretches to the Gulf of California near Kino Bay.
- Season 15 Episode 6: Ancient Secrets of the Galapagos
Marine iguanas and the flightless cormorant are some of the creatures in the waters off the Galapagos Islands.
- Season 15 Episode 5: Treasures of the Galapagos
Searching for large cacti on a desert island; flamingos; ghost crabs.
- Season 15 Episode 4: Gateway to the Galapagos
The volcanic origins of the islands of Ecuador.
- Season 15 Episode 3: Heart of a Pueblo
Exploring plazas from pre-Hispanic to modern and how they were used by people in the New World.
- Season 15 Episode 2: Wyoming's Red Desert
The Red Desert has the largest desert elk herd and largest migratory game herd in the continental United States.
- Season 15 Episode 1: Goat Packing in the Red Desert
The Red Desert of southwest Wyoming and the Honeycomb Buttes.
The Desert Speaks: Season 14 (2004)
- Season 14 Episode 13: Royal Road to the Final Outpost
Journey along the El Camino Real; monument to Mexican soldier Pancho Villa; Chamizal National Memorial.
- Season 14 Episode 12: Royal Road Across the Frontier
A journey along El Camino Real; history of the springs of Aguas Calientes; mining town.
- Season 14 Episode 11: Origins of a Royal Road
El Camino Real trade route from southern Mexico to New Mexico.
- Season 14 Episode 10: Living Traditions of the Tohono O'Odham
The Tohono O'odham live on the second-largest reservation in the U.S.
- Season 14 Episode 9: Desolation Canyon River Journey
A trip down the Green River in Utah includes a look at the Dinosaur National Monument and Desolation Canyon.
- Season 14 Episode 8: Peru's Canyon of the Condor
Peru's Colca Canyon; Andean condors; terraced farming; fruit of the sancyo cactus; harvest; quinoa.
- Season 14 Episode 7: Sea to Sky: Along an Incan Road
Incan culture; rock art; Nazca lines; underground canals; aqueducts; Incan burial ground.
- Season 14 Episode 6: Tracks in the Shifting Sand
Sand dunes; the Imperial Sand Dunes National Recreation Area; Mexico's Gran Desierto Dunes; Utah's Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park.
- Season 14 Episode 5: Monumental Dunes
Sand dunes in Colorado's Rocky Mountains, the base of the Guadalupe Mountains in west Texas and the White Sands National Monument in New Mexico.
- Season 14 Episode 4: The Lost Palm Weavers of Sonora
The traditions of the Apatas, an aboriginal group in Sonora, Mexico, including palm-weaving.
- Season 14 Episode 3: People and Their Prickly Plants
Collecting plants; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Boyce Thompson Arboretum; Bach's Cactus Nursery in Tucson, Ariz.; cactus cultivation.
- Season 14 Episode 2: Ancient Andean Civilizations
La Paz, Bolivia; Witches' Market; Lake Titicaca; Incan temple.
- Season 14 Episode 1: The Driest Desert in the World
The Pan-American Highway; Lima, Peru; Ballestas Islands; Toro Muerto.
The Desert Speaks: Season 13
- Season 13 Episode 13: Baja Boojums: Bizarre Plants
Wild plants of Baja, Calif., including the boojum tree and the bonsai-like coastal alkali heath shrub.
- Season 13 Episode 12: Baja People: Oases/Mountains
Cochimi Indian cave drawings; the Sierra del San Francico Mountains; elephant trees; gypsum crystals.
- Season 13 Episode 11: Baja Journeys: Volcanoes/Oceans
Lava flows and rodent population in Baja California.
- Season 13 Episode 10: Visiting Ancient Mayo Lands
Birdwatchers from the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum travel through coastal and forest habitats searching for rare birds.
- Season 13 Episode 9: Shadows of the Ancients
Astronomy in the Puebloan world, as seen through rock art and architecture throughout the Four Corners.
- Season 13 Episode 8: Oaxaca: Footsteps in Tradition
The Valle de Tehuacan is not only home to the world's greatest variety of cacti, but possibly the birthplace of domestic corn.
- Season 13 Episode 7: Tehuacan: A Spanish Legacy
Exploring the Spanish influence in the valley of Tehuacan and Oaxaca.
- Season 13 Episode 6: Cactus Capital of the World
Eighteen species of cacti grow in the Valle de Tehuacan and nearby Oaxaca, all used by native peoples.
- Season 13 Episode 5: River Runs Dry
The Gila River, which formerly flowed across Arizona, is used up and dries out merely halfway to its former confluence with the Colorado River.
- Season 13 Episode 4: Bolivia: Volcanoes, Flamingos, and Salt Lakes
The ecosystems of southwestern Bolivia's desert and volcano regions.
- Season 13 Episode 3: Ancient Peoples of the High Desert
Life in the foothills of the Bolivian Andes, in the village of Santiago de K, includes harvesting endemic potatoes and quinoa.
- Season 13 Episode 2: Bolivia: The Cold Desert Frontier
Exploring the highest desert in the world, located in southwestern Bolivia.
- Season 13 Episode 1: Desert Whales
Gray whales travel thousands of miles to reproduce at San Ignacio lagoon of Baja California.
The Desert Speaks: Season 12
- Season 12 Episode 13: Settling the Great Basin Desert
The Basque people of the Great Basin Desert; Winnemucca Basque Parade and Festival; Basque traditions.
- Season 12 Episode 12: Great Basin National Park
A look at the plants and animals that inhabit the Great Basin and the surrounding area.
- Season 12 Episode 11: Crossing the Great Basin Desert
Nevada; Highway 50; Great Basin Desert; steam train; Ruby National Wildlife Refuge; Canada geese; cranes.
- Season 12 Episode 10: Lilies of the Desert
Mojave Desert; lilies; lizards; Joshua Tree National Park; cholla forest.
- Season 12 Episode 9: Seasons of the Mojave
Mojave Desert; Mojave National Preserve; creosote flats; Mitchell Caverns; volcanic fields.
- Season 12 Episode 8: Death Valley
Travels to such aptly named places as the Devil's Golf Course, Furnace Creek and Badwater.
- Season 12 Episode 7: Desert Missions
Sasabe, Ariz.; mission; spring wildflower display; petroglyphs.
- Season 12 Episode 6: Heart of the Sonoran Desert
Sonoran Desert; Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument; dry cave; javelina; medicinal plants.
- Season 12 Episode 5: Bikes, Boats and Big Bend
Chihuahau Desert; biking, hiking and canoeing through Big Bend National Park; prehistoric fossils; cave paintings; canyons.
- Season 12 Episode 4: Journey to the Rio Grande
Host John David Yetman visits the Big Bend National Park to explore the Chihuahuan Desert near the Rio Grand river.
- Season 12 Episode 3: Faces of the Argentine Desert
The people of Argentina; natural resources; Buenos Aires; Eva Peron's tomb; wool harvest; cactus wood.
- Season 12 Episode 2: Argentina's Upside-Down Desert
Salta, Argentina; market; fog forest; painted desert.
- Season 12 Episode 1: Argentina's Upside-Down Desert
Argentina; Buenos Aires; the Andes; farmers market; rain forest; archaeological site predates the Incas.
The Desert Speaks: Season 11 (2001)
- Season 11 Episode 10: Livin' Large
Sandhill cranes; fish; antelopes.
- Season 11 Episode 9: How Desert Creatures Survive
Survival strategies of desert mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, insects and plants.
- Season 11 Episode 8: The Devil's Highway
Traveling through the desert without air conditioning in a Model T Ford, on horseback and on foot.
- Season 11 Episode 7: Prickly Pear: Cactus of Plenty
Prickly pear uses.
- Season 11 Episode 6: A 21st Century Desert Museum
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum; education.
- Season 11 Episode 5: Building a Desert Home
Home construction; building techniques; Phoenix.
- Season 11 Episode 4: Tracking the Giant Cactus
- Season 11 Episode 3: Clay Artists of Mata Ortiz
Mexican town prospers after Juan Quezada shares his pot-making skills.
- Season 11 Episode 2: A River Again
- Season 11 Episode 1: Floating Down the Past
Ancient life along the San Juan River.
The Desert Speaks: Season 10
- Season 10 Episode 10: Home on the Range
Ranchers; biologist Peter Warren; ecosystems.
- Season 10 Episode 9: The People of the Mangroves
Baja California; mangroves; fisheries; tuna farm.
- Season 10 Episode 8: Rock & Road Trip
Geology class; earthquake; hot springs; lava tube; bats; colonial town.
- Season 10 Episode 7: The Salton Sea
Salton Sea; birds; wildlife refuge.
- Season 10 Episode 6: Kartchner Caverns: Alive With Wonder
- Season 10 Episode 5: The Roadrunner and the Coyote
- Season 10 Episode 4: Mesquite: Tree of Life
Mesquite tree; bug; artifacts; museum.
- Season 10 Episode 3: In the Land of the Guarijio
Guarijio Tribe; ethnobotanist David Yetman.
- Season 10 Episode 2: River of Iron, Dreams of a Grand Canyon Railroad
Rafting; Colorado River; Grand Canyon; engineer Robert Brewster Stanton.
- Season 10 Episode 1: The Desert Speaks 10th Anniversary
Anniversary celebration; clips from previous seasons; future.
The Desert Speaks: Season 9
- Season 9 Episode 10: An Inside Look at Beekeeping
The lives of bees, from honey production to the rigid caste system.
- Season 9 Episode 9: Killer Bees?
Deadly honeybees have migrated north to the Southwestern United States.
- Season 9 Episode 8: I Want THAT Job!
Forest-fire fighter; outdoors journalist; artist; museum curator.
- Season 9 Episode 7: I Want THAT Job!
Jobs that entail working outdoors, including eco-wrangler, river guide, hot-air balloonist and archaeologist.
- Season 9 Episode 6: Desert Animals: Inside Out
Fluoroscopy reveals the insides of desert insects, reptiles, birds, mammals.
- Season 9 Episode 5: Ancient Culture: Enduring Architecture
Archaeologists examine the ancient Chaco culture of New Mexico.
- Season 9 Episode 4: Backyard Spiders
Spiders and their engineering prowess: webs.
- Season 9 Episode 3: Baja's Loreto Bay
Mexican residents create a marine nature preserve.
- Season 9 Episode 2: Across the Great Desert
Carl Lumholtz explores the desert of Sonora, Mexico.
- Season 9 Episode 1: Chiles
Scientific, medical and culinary uses for chiles, from analgesic rubs to keeping away unwanted animals.
The Desert Speaks: Season 8
- Season 8 Episode 14: Monumental Space With Adriel Heisey
- Season 8 Episode 13: You Can Go Home Again
Reintroduction of antelopes, beavers and ferrets to natural environments.
- Season 8 Episode 12: The Beaten Path
Roads impact the environment.
- Season 8 Episode 11: Eye of the Beholder
- Season 8 Episode 10: Plants Only a Mother Could Love
Rare, strange and mutated plants.
- Season 8 Episode 9: Life of a Rattlesnake
- Season 8 Episode 8: The Emerald City
Gems and minerals.
- Season 8 Episode 7: Jewels on the Wing
Butterflies; moths; dragonflies.
- Season 8 Episode 6: The Hidden Museum
A desert museum; creating exhibits; natural habitats.
- Season 8 Episode 5: The Mexican Galapagos
Biologist protects birds.
- Season 8 Episode 4: Islands in Time
- Season 8 Episode 3: Touched by the Face of the Earth
- Season 8 Episode 2: Pinacate the Mysterious
- Season 8 Episode 1: Rattler!
The relationship between humans and rattlesnakes.
The Desert Speaks: Season 7 (2004)
- Season 7 Episode 13: Grand Canyon Flood
- Season 7 Episode 12: Desert Mosaic
Seven biomes of the Sonoran Desert.
- Season 7 Episode 11: Four Research Stories
Fungi; tadpoles; lizards; ponderosa pine.
- Season 7 Episode 10: Agave: Thorn of Plenty
The agave is a source of tequila, food, clothing, rope.
- Season 7 Episode 9: Unwelcome Guests
Impact of nonnative plant and animal species.
- Season 7 Episode 8: Santa Catalina Mountains
Varied zones within the Santa Catalinas.
- Season 7 Episode 7: Insect Investigations
Four insects: a grasshopper, fly, beetle and moth.
- Season 7 Episode 6: Desert Home Construction
Nontraditional building methods; building in an arid environment.
- Season 7 Episode 5: Birds of Passage
Studies of bird migration.
- Season 7 Episode 4: A Desert Museum
Night at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Season 7 Episode 3: Above Sonora's Rio Yaqui
Traditional farming methods; irrigation.
- Season 7 Episode 2: Jumping Cactus & Other Myths
Myths about desert plants and animals.
- Season 7 Episode 1: Forgotten Pollinators
Several factors cause a decline in wild pollinators.
The Desert Speaks: Season 6
- Season 6 Episode 13: Baja's Pacific Islands
Islands of the Baja; sea lions; elephant seals; gray whales; eco-tourism.
- Season 6 Episode 12: Baja's Pacific Islands
Islands of the Baja; sea lions; elephant seals; gray whales; eco-tourism.
- Season 6 Episode 11: Death, the Beginning of Life
The natural cycle of life; life/death in the Sonoran desert.
- Season 6 Episode 10: Guardians of the Land
Fort Huachuca, U.S. Army post; civilian researchers.
- Season 6 Episode 9: Exploring Animal Behavior
Southwestern Research Station; hummingbirds; lizard push-ups; tarantulas.
- Season 6 Episode 8: Plant and Animal Partners
The important relationship of plants and animals.
- Season 6 Episode 7: Desert Water Holes
Sonoran desert water holes.
- Season 6 Episode 6: Climate Detectives
Climate changes; learning about past climates; tree-ring analysis; fossil dung; dinosaur bones.
- Season 6 Episode 5: The Desert Night
Taking advantage of the coolness of night, desert animals roam, gather and hunt.
- Season 6 Episode 4: Desert Architecture
Animals cope with the harsh desert landscape; animal survival strategies.
- Season 6 Episode 3: The Colorado River: Changes
Glen Canyon Environmental Studies; measuring changes in river environments; the future of rivers.
- Season 6 Episode 2: The Colorado: A Desert River
Natural history of the Colorado River.
- Season 6 Episode 1: The Power of Fire
The role of fires in the desert; future fire-management techniques.
The Desert Speaks: Season 5
- Season 5 Episode 13: Adventurers & Explorers
- Season 5 Episode 12: From the Plant's Point of View
Plants of the Sonora.
- Season 5 Episode 11: Animal Point of View
Animals of the Sonora.
- Season 5 Episode 10: The Sex Life of Desert Animals
Procreation of desert animals.
- Season 5 Episode 9: Tending the Wild
How animals are cared for at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Season 5 Episode 8: Mountain Building in the Desert
- Season 5 Episode 7: Sensitive Species
- Season 5 Episode 6: Research Notes on Survival Strategies
Researching desert life.
- Season 5 Episode 5: Frogs
A group of children surveys a riparian area.
- Season 5 Episode 4: The Question Makers
The inquisitiveness of children.
- Season 5 Episode 3: The Verde River
The impact of the Verde River on humans.
- Season 5 Episode 2: The Mayo Tribe
Mayo Indian uses for plants.
- Season 5 Episode 1: Bats
The role of bats in the desert ecosystem.
The Desert Speaks: Season 4 (1994)
- Season 4 Episode 15: Lions and Lizards and Ants, Oh My!/Science and the Sonoran Desert
Desert animals; scientific research on desert life.
- Season 4 Episode 13: Preserving Mexico's Sonoran Desert
Site preservation; desert protection efforts; fishing industry.
- Season 4 Episode 12: Tohono O'Odham: The Desert People
The Tohono O'Odham manage and protect endangered plants.
- Season 4 Episode 11: Desert Gardens
Plants that attract birds; a Tohono O'Odham garden.
- Season 4 Episode 10: Birds in the Sonoran Desert
Research project studies hummingbirds.
- Season 4 Episode 9: Stingers, Fangs and Needles
Animals and plants use poisons for protection.
- Season 4 Episode 8: Science and the Sonoran Desert
Scientific research on desert life.
- Season 4 Episode 7: Lions, Lizards and Ants, Oh My!
- Season 4 Episode 6: Tiny, but Tenacious
Small desert life; aquatic insect determines water quality.
- Season 4 Episode 5: Adventures in the Desert
- Season 4 Episode 4: Desert Sand Dunes
Plants and animals of desert sand dunes.
- Season 4 Episode 3: Saguaro: King of the Cactus
The saguaro cactus.
- Season 4 Episode 2: The People of the Baja
Baja California: ecotourism, sea birds, whale-watching.
- Season 4 Episode 1: The Natural History of the Baja
The Desert Speaks: Season 3 (1993)
- Season 3 Episode 8: Desert Grasslands
Construction of a grassland habitat.
- Season 3 Episode 7: Insects and Spiders
Insects and arthropods.
- Season 3 Episode 6: Restoring Desert Rivers
Biologists restore desert areas to their original condition.
- Season 3 Episode 5: Research in the Southwest
The plant and animal life found in Arizona's Chiricahua Mountains.
- Season 3 Episode 4: Biodiversity
Benefits of studying the desert.
- Season 3 Episode 3: Desert Islands
Birds, plants and animals survive in harsh conditions.
- Season 3 Episode 2: The Gulf of California
The Sea of Cortez supports marine and land creatures.
- Season 3 Episode 1: The Colorado River
The Colorado River sustains fish, plants and wildlife.
The Desert Speaks: Season 2
- Season 2 Episode 7: Environmental Education
- Season 2 Episode 6: Spring in the Sonoran Desert
Spring flora and fauna.
- Season 2 Episode 5: Research in the Desert
Humans affect the desert environment.
- Season 2 Episode 4: The Pinacate
Land south of the Arizona/Sonoran border.
- Season 2 Episode 3: Desert Riparian Areas
Water's path to the desert.
- Season 2 Episode 2: Origin of the Sonoran Desert
Geological formations create a desert.
- Season 2 Episode 1: What Is a Desert?
The variety of plants and animals that live in the Sonoran desert.
The Desert Speaks: Season 1
- Season 1 Episode 13: Desert Bounty
Prickly pear, saguaros and other edibles.
- Season 1 Episode 12: Hunters & Scavengers
Wolves, vultures, coyotes, kestrels.
- Season 1 Episode 11: Strangers to the Desert
Strangers affect indigenous creatures.
- Season 1 Episode 10: Caves, Mines, Minerals, Life Underground
Caves and mines.
- Season 1 Episode 9: Desert Adaptations
Creatures adapt to harsh desert conditions.
- Season 1 Episode 8: Movement
Mobility of desert animals and plants.
- Season 1 Episode 7: Monsoons/Deserts at Night
Sonoran monsoons; creatures of the night, including bats, owls and scorpions.
- Season 1 Episode 6: Endangered Species
Wolves, pupfish, rattlesnakes, chuckwallas.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Research in the Desert
Desert creatures aid research scientists.
- Season 1 Episode 4: Mountain Islands
Canada; 'mountain islands.'
- Season 1 Episode 3: Toxins/Venoms
Identifying dangerous and poisonous desert plants and animals.
- Season 1 Episode 2: Life Cycles
Wildflowers, spadefoot toads, cacti, ocotillo and other desert wildlife.
- Season 1 Episode 1: Colors of the Desert
This 13-part series examining the Sonoran Desert opens with the desert's colors.