Ciao Italia!: Season 24 (2014)
- Season 24 Episode 26: The Best Cocktails and Snacks; Ottimi Cocktails e Stuzzichini
Modern day versions of Italian favorites include sambuca citron martini, frico and other antipasti.
- Season 24 Episode 25: Strawberries and Raspberries for Dessert; Fragole e Lamponi per Dessert
Italian custard; little raspberry thyme tarts.
- Season 24 Episode 24: Cooking at the Barilla Academy; Cucinando all'Academia Barilla
Veal cutlets stuffed with artichokes; green lasagna Bolognese with ragu sauce; stuffed, oven-baked zucchini; almond snake cake.
- Season 24 Episode 23: Frittata Party; Una Festa della Frittata
Neapolitan-style frittata; mini-baked frittata with greens and beans.
- Season 24 Episode 22: Piedmont Food: Easy, Elegant and Classic; Il Cibo Piemontese: Facile, Elegante, Classico
Piedmont-style asparagus; croquettes; risotto with mushrooms.
- Season 24 Episode 21: Piedmont Party; Festa Piemontese
Stradette, a cornmeal based pasta topped with a leek sauce; roasted capon; pears in Barolo wine.
- Season 24 Episode 20: All About Burrata; Tutto su Burrata
Mozzarella stuffed with stracciatella; Neapolitan stack with roasted eggplant, tomato and burrata; roasted asparagus with burrata.
- Season 24 Episode 19: Cooking Pellegrino Artusi-style; Cucinando come Pellegrino Artusi
Cappelletti in capon broth; piadina; whipped mortadella; lenten spinach; English soup.
- Season 24 Episode 18: Little Bites; Stuzzichini
Celery stuffed with cheese and hazelnuts; anchovy stuffed cherry tomatoes; zucchini meatballs.
- Season 24 Episode 17: Give Me Rice; Dammi il Riso
Porcini mushrooms and mozzarella cheese rolled into rice balls covered in bread crumbs and topped with spicy hot tomato sauce.
- Season 24 Episode 16: Piedmont Cheese; Formaggi Piemontesi
Meat- and cheese-filled cannelloni.
- Season 24 Episode 15: Would You Like a Bowl of Soup?; Vorebbe Una Ciotola della Minestra
Cream of carrot and potato soup; swordfish minestrone.
- Season 24 Episode 14: Candy Wrapper Pasta; La Pasta di Caramelle
Caramelle pasta, filled with ricotta cheese, prosciutto di Parma and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Season 24 Episode 13: Bigne!
Cream puffs with chef Wilhelm Wanders.
- Season 24 Episode 12: Classic and New Salads; L'insalate Classiche e Nuove
Poached salmon salad; roasted kale salad; Italian agretti salad.
- Season 24 Episode 11: Shrimp Two Ways; Due Modi di Gamberi
Shrimp fra diavolo; shrimp on sand with marinated vegetables.
- Season 24 Episode 10: Piedmont Veggies; Le Verdure alla Piemontese
Creamy carrot and cauliflower soup; stuffed cabbage rolls; Piedmont savory custard.
- Season 24 Episode 9: A Day Without Pasta? Never!; Una Giornata Senza la Pasta? Mai!
Gluten-free pasta with mushroom and prosciutto di Parma ragu; slow cook lasagna.
- Season 24 Episode 8: Who Wants Prosciutto di San Danielle?; Chi Vuole Prosciutto di San Daniele?
Prosciutto San Daniele roll-ups; parmesan cheese pudding; prosciutto di San Daniele salad.
- Season 24 Episode 7: Gubana and Colomba; Gubana e Colomba
Gubana, a cross between bread and cake, filled with chocolate, raisins and orange zest; dove-shaped colomba.
- Season 24 Episode 6: Classic Piedmont Antipasti; Antipasti alla Piemontese
Little ricotta cheese balls; peppers Castellana style; bowl of vegetables for dipping in extra virgin olive oil.
- Season 24 Episode 5: Eat Legumes; Mangiate i Legumi
Straccetti with cannellini beans; chickpea salad with prosciutto di parma, olives and thyme.
- Season 24 Episode 4: The Art of the Artichoke; L'arte del Carciofo
Puff pastry artichoke tart; risotto with artichokes.
- Season 24 Episode 3: And the Winner Is ...
Seared tuna topped with fennel and arugula and caper lemon sauce; pappardelle with ragu.
- Season 24 Episode 2: Focaccia Recco-Style; Focaccia di Recco
Focaccia di Recco, street foods with crispy outsides and creamy, cheese-filled insides.
- Season 24 Episode 1: Chicken Never Tasted So Good; Pollo Mai Assaggiato Cosi Buono
Chicken and cauliflower lasagna; Burano-style chicken.
Ciao Italia!: Season 23 (2013)
- Season 23 Episode 26: Cooking of Liguria; La Cucina Ligure
Corzetti pasta; pesto-based minestrone; red wine-infused rabbit; jam-filled tarts from Rapallo, Italy, called gobelletti.
- Season 23 Episode 25: From the Sea; Del Mare
Grilled swordfish skewers; Amalfi-style shrimp.
- Season 23 Episode 24: Snacks; Le Merende
Biscotti di Parmigiano-Reggiano; panini napoletani.
- Season 23 Episode 23: From Guy's Garden; Dell'Orto di Gaetano
Red pepper torte with pepper sauce; sweet peppers with garlic and mint; red pepper spread.
- Season 23 Episode 22: Real Neapolitan Pizza; La Verace Pizza Napoletana
Pizza Margherita classico; pizza Margherita moderna; pizza napoletana marinara; pizza allo genaro nasti.
- Season 23 Episode 21: Little Cheese Plates; Piattini del Formaggio
Little cheese plates; little cheese balls; tuna and eggs; spinach sfogliatelle; asiago quenelles.
- Season 23 Episode 20: Pears and Pistachios; Pere e Pistacchi
Pear and apple tart; pistachio tart.
- Season 23 Episode 19: Organic Pasta; Pasta Organico
Lobster-filled ravioli; gluten free fettuccine with basil pesto.
- Season 23 Episode 18: Seafood Feast; La Festa di Frutti di Mare
Sicilian mussel soup; scallops in vinaigrette; Vasto-style clams.
- Season 23 Episode 17: All About Farro; Tutto del Farro
Farro crespelle; farro casserole; farro meatballs.
- Season 23 Episode 16: Pasta Roman Style; Pasta alla Romana
Pasta alla gricia; Roman-style pasta; pasta all'amatriciana.
- Season 23 Episode 15: Sandwiches for Little Easter; Panini per Pasquetta
Panini; frittata sandwich; Little Easter sandwich.
- Season 23 Episode 14: Three(Creamy) Soups; Tre Zuppe Cremose
Cream of cauliflower soup; creamy mushroom soup; creamy leek, carrot and potato soup.
- Season 23 Episode 13: Let's Make Dinner; Facciamo la Cena
Stuffed pork tenderloin; roasted squash with hazelnuts and sage sauce; raspberry mascarpone budino pudding.
- Season 23 Episode 12: Lombardy Cooking; La Cucina Lombarda
Osso buco with gremolata sauce; buckwheat pasta; baked radicchio and gorgonzola cheese; cornmeal cake.
- Season 23 Episode 11: Pasta as You Like It; Pasta a Piacere
Penne with cauliflower ragu; fettuccine with arugula pesto; pasta with fried zucchini.
- Season 23 Episode 10: Taste of Sicily; Sapore di Sicilia
Sicilian-style baked pasta casserole with pork ragu, peas and tomato sauce blended together in a bechamel sauce.
- Season 23 Episode 9: Polenta With Vegetables; Polenta con le Verdure
Chicory tart with onions, Umbrian-style; eggplant stew with polenta squares.
- Season 23 Episode 8: What Figs!; Che Fichi!
Fig and prosciutto pizza; figs with whipped cream; amaretti-stuffed figs.
- Season 23 Episode 7: Italian Cooking Lessons; Lezioni di Cucina Italiana
Sweet potato gnocchi; chicken cutlets in white wine; chiffon cake with lime curd.
- Season 23 Episode 6: Give Me Scallops!; Dammi Cappesante!
Jumbo sea scallops in shells; scallops with spinach.
- Season 23 Episode 5: Homemade Ricotta; Ricotta Fatta in Casa
Roasted pineapple with ricotta cream filled with pistachios; ricotta-stuffed cherry tomatoes.
- Season 23 Episode 4: Tasty and Easy Chicken; Pollo Saporito e Facile
Chicken thighs in beer; chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and gorgonzola.
- Season 23 Episode 3: Eat Salads!; Mangiate Insalate
Bulgur salad; cauliflower and broccoli salad; radicchio salad.
- Season 23 Episode 2: Sweet Things; Cose Dolci
Torta margherita alla crema di caffe; chocolate mousse.
- Season 23 Episode 1: Fresh Fruit, So Good; La Frutta Fresca, Buonissima
Yogurt and apricots; pears in marsala sauce; watermelon and feta cheese.
Ciao Italia!: Season 22 (2012)
- Season 22 Episode 26: More Umbrian Cooking; Piu Cucina Umbra
Cappelletti in brodo; lentils with leeks and sausage; spinach-filled torta al testo; rolled, stuffed pork; fruit tart.
- Season 22 Episode 25: Cheeses; Formaggi
Four-cheese pizza; pan-fried frico; grana padano cheese basket with basil oil infusion.
- Season 22 Episode 24: Cauliflower; Broccolo
Creamy cauliflower baked in a mold; broccoli and pasta.
- Season 22 Episode 23: Company Dinner; La Cena per gli Ospiti
Chickpea flatbread; marinated lamb shoulder chops with mint sauce; buttermilk panna cotta with a dessert wine.
- Season 22 Episode 22: Antipasto Favorites; Antipasti Favoriti
Chickpea meatballs; marinated shrimp and cannellini beans; pizza anitpasti.
- Season 22 Episode 21: Cooking for Friends; Cucinando per gli Amici
Ricotta gnocchi with rape and pignola nut sauce; stuffed breast of veal with fontina cheese polenta and wild mushrooms.
- Season 22 Episode 20: Chicken; Pollo
Chicken with wine and grapes; chicken and fontina casserole; chicken cutlets stuffed with ham and herbs.
- Season 22 Episode 19: Cooking With Herbs; Cucinando con le Herbe
Halibut in lemon sauce; baked fennel in white sauce with cream and herb-flavored crumbs; green focaccia.
- Season 22 Episode 18: Cooking School for School! La Scuola di Cucina per Tutti
Farfalle; cuccidati, a tart cookie with a lemony frosting.
- Season 22 Episode 17: Something Sweet; Qualcosa di Dolce
Lady fingers dipped in wine, with coffee and vanilla ice cream; ricotta pudding.
- Season 22 Episode 16: Bread and Little Bellies; Pane e Panzerotti
Sicilian bread; deep-fried little bellies of dough stuffed with prosciutto di San Daniele, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- Season 22 Episode 15: Mom's Cookies; Biscotti della Mamma
Dried cherry, cranberry and pistachio nut shortbread cookies; date nut bars; Ligurian tea cookies.
- Season 22 Episode 14: Pugliese Pasta; La Pasta Pugliese
Cavatelli with prosciutto di parma and fava bean sauce; stracnar with lamb ragu.
- Season 22 Episode 13: Clams; Le Vongole
Spaghetti with clams; clams minestrone.
- Season 22 Episode 12: Umbrian Cooking; La Cucina Umbra
Strangozzi pasta spoleto-style; stuffed guinea fowl; farro with vegetables; crescionda.
- Season 22 Episode 11: Cooking With the Chef; Cucinando con lo Chef
Ricotta and parmesan cheese eggplant rollatini; Neapolitan-style stuffed red peppers.
- Season 22 Episode 10: Special Pasta; Pasta Speciale
Garganelli with a prosciutto di parma and cream sauce; passatelli in chicken broth.
- Season 22 Episode 9: Vegetable Casseroles; Casseruole Delle Verdure
Chunky vegetarian vegetable stew; baked leeks in white sauce.
- Season 22 Episode 8: Cooking Abruzzi Style; La Cucina Abruzzese
Spaghetti, saffron and asparagus; roast lamb with rosemary; gelato and espresso dessert called affogato.
- Season 22 Episode 7: Gourmet Vegetables; Le Verdure del Buongustaio
Stuffed Swiss chard, mushrooms, grilled ramps, prosciutto di San Daniele and gorgonzola; onions and peppers Molise-style.
- Season 22 Episode 6: Exquisite Cakes; Le Torte Squisite
Upside-down peach tart; ricotta cheesecake in amaretti cookie crust.
- Season 22 Episode 5: Festival of the Seven Fishes; La Festa dei Sette Pesci
Baccala; skillet fried shrimp; tuna, smelt, swordfish, calamari and clams.
- Season 22 Episode 4: Delicious Sauces; Le Salse Deliziose
Oven-baked beef shin tomato ragu over short cut pasta; ricotta cheese sauce; Sicilian lemon and olive oil sauce.
- Season 22 Episode 3: Healthy Eating; Cibo per la Salute
Chicken cacciatore; fennel, avocado and orange salad; low-fat yogurt sundae.
- Season 22 Episode 2: More Than Pizza; Piu' della Pizza
Spinach and cheese tart in a pumpkin seed crust; pepperoni pizza pretzels.
- Season 22 Episode 1: Eggplant; Melanzane
Couscous with eggplant; whole wheat pizza with grilled eggplant.
Ciao Italia!: Season 21 (2011)
- Season 21 Episode 26: Pizza on the Grill; Pizza alla Griglia
Roasted vegetable pizza topped with zucchini, eggplant, squash and red onions; mini-dessert pizza topped with honey, mint and sliced apricots.
- Season 21 Episode 25: Cooking Like Pellegrino Artusi; Cucinando Come Pellegrino Artusi
A classic flatbread, piadina; stuffed veal rolls.
- Season 21 Episode 24: $20.00 Dinner; Venti Dollari Per La Cena
Farfalle with gorgonzola sauce; oven-roasted pork loin with apples; mixed salad; orange-flavored granita.
- Season 21 Episode 23: Sicilian Pizza; Sfincione
Flatbread with sardines, scamorza, tomato sauce and topped with bread crumbs; pizza with artichoke hearts and salted ricotta cheese.
- Season 21 Episode 22: Classic Tuscan Dishes; Piatti Classici Toscani
Pappardelle with rabbit, mushrooms and wine; bird-style beans; salted pizza bites; apple cake.
- Season 21 Episode 21: Classic Bolognese Pasta; Lasagne Verdi alla Bolognese
Lasagna verdi alla Bolognese; lasagna spinach noodles; Bologna-style ragu; bechamel sauce; tagliatelle with Bolognese sauce.
- Season 21 Episode 20: Handmade Fresh Cheese; Formaggio Fresco Fatto o Mano
Burrata with roasted asparagus; scamorza cheese casserole; telephone wires; whipped ricotta parfait with cherries.
- Season 21 Episode 19: Who Wants Pizza?; Chi Vuole Pizza?
Gourmet pizza with sweet caramelized onions, dried fig paste and gorgonzola cheese; focaccine antipasto.
- Season 21 Episode 18: Fresh Ricotta; Ricotta Fresca
Pizza carnevale features ricotta and mozzarella; orange-flavored ricotta cheesecake.
- Season 21 Episode 17: Five Ingredient Favorites; Cinque Ingredienti Favoriti
Chicken with lemon and herbs; steak with caper sauce; stuffed portobello mushroom quiche.
- Season 21 Episode 16: Everyone Loves Italian Food; Tutti Amano i Cibi Italiani
Farro with sausage and mushrooms; whole wheat spaghetti with roasted vegetables.
- Season 21 Episode 15: Gourmet Fish; Pesce di Bungustao
Braised halibut with saffron, fennel, tomatoes and mussels; stuffed flounder with spinach, carrot and ginger.
- Season 21 Episode 14: Whole Wheat Pizza; Pizza Integrale
Calzones filled with ricotta cheese and provolone; whole wheat pizza with olives and cheese; greens salad.
- Season 21 Episode 13: Shrimp and Gamberoni; Scampi e Gamberoni
Pan-fried prawns antipasto served over breadcrumb-crusted tomato slices; quinoa and pan-cooked shrimp; roasted prawns oregenata.
- Season 21 Episode 12: Roast Pork, Tuscan Style; Arista!
Tuscan black cabbage soup; roast pork, Tuscan-style; sauteed mushrooms; zucchini tart; biscotti di Prato.
- Season 21 Episode 11: Exquisite Plums; Susine Squisite
Fresh plum tart topped with sliced prunes; dried prune cake.
- Season 21 Episode 10: Classic Pasta of Liguria; La Pasta Classica de Liguria
Pasta wafers in a garlic and olive oil sauce; almond-stuffed ravioli in a butter sauce.
- Season 21 Episode 9: Mushroom Fantasy; Una Fantasia dei Funghi
Pasta with mushroom sauce; white polenta with mushrooms and peppers; baked mushroom frittata.
- Season 21 Episode 8: Have a Cookie; Avere un Biscotto
Orange-scented madeleines; little hazelnut cookies.
- Season 21 Episode 7: Different Pizzas; Pizze Diversi
Country-style rustic pizza.
- Season 21 Episode 6: Macaroni; Maccheroni
Baked ziti; baked macaroni and cheese mini-macs.
- Season 21 Episode 5: St. Anthony's Feast; La Festa Di San Antonio
Italian festival food at Boston's St. Anthony's Feast; linguine with pistachio mint pesto and tuna.
- Season 21 Episode 4: Onions Make the Meal; Le Cipolle Fanno il Pasto
Onion tart; Neapolitan-style onions with whole cloves.
- Season 21 Episode 3: Pizza on Parade; Una Parata della Pizza
Asparagus, sausage and peppers pizza; prosciutto and pine nut pizza; sun-dried tomato and cheese pizza; mixed mushroom pizza.
- Season 21 Episode 2: White Asparagus; Asparagi Bianchi
Cream of asparagus soup; white asparagus salad; asparagus topped with a buttery egg sauce.
- Season 21 Episode 1: Lamb Roman Style; Abbacchio alla Romana
Marinated leg of lamb; Roman-style artichokes; potato casserole.
Ciao Italia!: Season 20 (2010)
- Season 20 Episode 26: Cooking With Friends in Amalfi; Cucinando Con Gli Amici in Amalfi
Scallops in vinaigrette; sea bass with orange sauce; mushroom salad and hazelnut; chocolate and banana tartlets.
- Season 20 Episode 25: Cookie Favorites; Biscotti Favoriti
Maddalena raspberry cookies; almond crisps.
- Season 20 Episode 24: Neapolitan Pasta; Scialatielli
Scialatielli, a linguine-like pasta, with tomato and clam sauce.
- Season 20 Episode 23: Want Chickpeas?; Chi Vuole Ceci?
Chickpea salad with black olives; chickpea and pasta soup; chickpea meatballs.
- Season 20 Episode 22: Earth and Sea; Terra e Mare
Baked fish and potatoes; beefsteak with mushrooms and lemon.
- Season 20 Episode 21: Congratulations!; Congratulazione!
Black pepper fettuccine; beef stew with roasted vegetables; stuffed Swiss chard; fig and grape cake.
- Season 20 Episode 20: Nonna Galasso's Neapolitan Easter Bread; Casatiello alla Nonna Galasso
Neapolitan Easter bread, stuffed with mortadella and provolone.
- Season 20 Episode 19: Perfect Paccheri; Paccheri Perfetti
Paccheri with shrimp; paccheri with mushroom sauce; paccheri with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Season 20 Episode 18: Eat Cardoons!; Mangiate Cardi!
Fried cardoons; twice-cooked cardoons.
- Season 20 Episode 17: In Campania With Students; In Campagna Studenti
Cheese-filled ravioli; stuffed, rolled beef; seafood salad; chocolate almond cake.
- Season 20 Episode 16: Calzones!; Canzoni!
Wild mushroom whole wheat calzone; summer vegetable calzone; pork-filled calzone.
- Season 20 Episode 15: Festival!; La Festa
Traditional Italian pastries at Tripoli Bakery; crispelli.
- Season 20 Episode 14: Meatballs? You Bet!; Polpettone? Ma Certo!
Italian meatloaf; meatball soup with lemon.
- Season 20 Episode 13: Tuna!; Tonno!
Chopped tuna tartar; tuna with herbs; sweet-and-sour tuna; tuna carpaccio Esposito.
- Season 20 Episode 12: Only Five Ingredients; Solo Cinque Ingredienti
Lamb shoulder chops in white wine; pan-cooked fennel; escarole salad; orange and fennel salad.
- Season 20 Episode 11: Zucchini; La Zucca!
Ricotta cheese and zucchini gnocchi; potato, zucchini and cheese tart.
- Season 20 Episode 10: Before Anything, the Antipasti; Prima di Tutto gli Antipasti
Artichoke and cheese crostini; marinated salmon trout; fried mozzarella balls; melted scamorza.
- Season 20 Episode 9: Carrots! What a Surprise!; Carote! Che Sorpresa!
Carrot salad with sweet red peppers; pureed leek, potato and carrot soup; carrots in vermouth.
- Season 20 Episode 8: The Cooking of Campania; La Cucina di Campagna
Gnocchi Sorrentino; eggplant parmigiano; veal scallopine; Amalfi-style shrimp; Amalfi lemon cake.
- Season 20 Episode 7: Give Me Pasta; Dammi la Pasta
Spaghetti alla carbonara; farfalle with pistachios; penne in vodka sauce.
- Season 20 Episode 6: Orzo! The Best of Everything!; Orzo! Il Meglio di Tutto!
Beef and barley soup; risotto featuring barley and mushrooms; salad.
- Season 20 Episode 5: All About Basil; Tutto Basilico
Basil-infused fruit salad; Neapolitan bread salad; pesto, potato and chickpea salad; beet and basil salad.
- Season 20 Episode 4: A Winter Supper; Una Cena Invernale
Pork loin in Barolo wine; broccoli rabe with olives; jam tart.
- Season 20 Episode 3: Chicken? Now!; Pollo? Subito!
Chicken marsala with mushrooms; chicken with lemon, orzo and spinach.
- Season 20 Episode 2: Bitter Greens; Friarielli
Homemade Italian sausage combined with bitter greens.
- Season 20 Episode 1: Neapolitan Rice Pie -- Pastiera Napolitana
Pastiera, rice pie, is a classic Italian dessert.
Ciao Italia!: Season 19 (2009)
- Season 19 Episode 26: Ciao Italia Cook Off!
Two audience members compete to make the best recipe in the shortest amount of time, using the same list of authentic Italian ingredients.
- Season 19 Episode 25: Succulent Strawberries -- Fragole Succulente
Strawberry tart; arugula, spinach and strawberry salad; strawberry risotto.
- Season 19 Episode 24: Dinner Val d'Aosta Style -- La Cena Val d'Aostana
Fonduta; veal cutlets with fontina; salad; mascarpone cheese-topped pears in red wine.
- Season 19 Episode 23: Chicken as You Like It -- Pollo a Piacere
Chicken marsala; oven-baked chicken with mozzarella.
- Season 19 Episode 22: Cooking With Five Ingredients -- Cucinando con Cinque Ingredienti
Potato gnocchi; stuffed flounder; chocolate hazelnut and banana tartlets.
- Season 19 Episode 21: Know Your Grains -- Sapere Vostri Grani
Fried farro cakes; barley salad; lentil soup.
- Season 19 Episode 20: More Piedmont Cooking -- Piu Cucina Piemontese
Agnolotti; beef in Barolo wine; stuffed onions; hazelnut cake.
- Season 19 Episode 19: Homemade Bread -- Pane Casereccio
Whole wheat ciabatta; classic Sicilian bread.
- Season 19 Episode 18: Eggs in Purgatory and Heaven -- Uove in Purgatorio e Paradiso
Eggs in purgatory; paradise soup; poached egg soup.
- Season 19 Episode 17: Garden Soups -- Zuppa dell'Orto
Black cabbage soup; roasted onion soup.
- Season 19 Episode 16: The King of Cheese -- Il Re Del Formaggio
Prosciutto di Parma wrapped-fruit with Parmigiano-Reggiano, parmesan cheese and almond wafers; spicy fava bean spread.
- Season 19 Episode 15: Cooking Live With Rocco DiSpirito
An Italian sandwich cook-off.
- Season 19 Episode 14: Little Vegetable Tarts -- Tortine di Verdure
Little artichoke and zucchini tarts; soppressata and tomato tarts; sweet red, yellow bell pepper tarts with olives.
- Season 19 Episode 13: Gourmet Pizza -- Pizza di Buongustaio
Whole wheat pizza with salad greens; mixed mushroom pizza.
- Season 19 Episode 12: Thanks, Mom -- Grazie, Mama
Mary Ann makes her mother's sponge cake to honor her deceased mother who inspired her to cook.
- Season 19 Episode 11: All Fruit -- Tutte le Frutta
Pears with vanilla and black pepper; peach Bellini cocktail becomes a modern day dessert; pear torta; fruit cocktail.
- Season 19 Episode 10: Potato Casseroles -- Le Casseruole di Patate
Cheese-filled Piedmont potato casserole; spinach-filled potato casserole; potato meatloaf.
- Season 19 Episode 9: Sicilian Cookies -- Biscotti Siciliani
A vanilla and sesame seed biscotti cookie; fig-filled cookies.
- Season 19 Episode 8: Homemade Cannelloni -- Cannelloni Fatti in Casa
Pasta filled with spinach, prosciutto di Parma and veal.
- Season 19 Episode 7: Cooking Live With Robert Irvine
Minestrone; stuffed turkey breast with prosciutto di Parma; mozzarella and apple caramel bread pudding.
- Season 19 Episode 6: The Devil -- Il Diavolo
Potatoes and onions with red pepper paste; farfalle and green beans with red pepper paste.
- Season 19 Episode 5: Piedmont Cooking -- Cucina Piemontese
Rabbit in sweet red pepper sauce; rice dish from Novara; mushrooms in green sauce; peach cake.
- Season 19 Episode 4: Fish in Salt -- Pesce in Sale
Salted cod and potato salad with capers, cherry tomatoes and green beans.
- Season 19 Episode 3: Preserved Eggplant and Tomatoes -- Melanzane e Pomodori Sott'Olio
Bruschetta with dried tomatoes and eggplant; sun-dried tomato sauce tossed with farfelle.
- Season 19 Episode 2: Fantastic Pasta Casseroles -- Le Casseruole Favolose di Pasta
Whole wheat penne with meat sauce includes ground meat, cherry tomatoes and provolone; molded macaroni casserole.
- Season 19 Episode 1: How Do You Make Homemade Wine? -- Come Si Fa Vino Di Casa?
Choosing the right grapes and equipment to make homemade wine; Lombardy-style stewed beef; chicken in padella.
Ciao Italia!: Season 18 (2008)
- Season 18 Episode 26: Cooking Live With Brandon Boudet
Sicilian artichoke and cheese casserole; deep-fried shrimp and artichokes with mint, capers and lemon.
- Season 18 Episode 25: Peaches n' Cream -- Pesche e Panna
Peaches and cream with white peaches and amaretti cookies; iced peaches; stuffed peaches with amaretti cookies.
- Season 18 Episode 24: Bread and Cheese Casseroles -- Timballi di Pane e Formaggio
Bread and cheese casserole with Asiago, Swiss and fontina cheeses and tomatoes; scamorze casserole.
- Season 18 Episode 23: Trendy Tiramisu -- Tiramisu di Moda
Cherry tiramisu; preparing homemade savoiardi, or ladyfingers.
- Season 18 Episode 22: Quick Tarts -- Le Torte Rapide
Tomato herb tart; stained glass tomato tart.
- Season 18 Episode 21: Antipasti Party -- Festa di Antipasti
Stuffed pepper boats; prosciutto and arugula pizza; tuna and chickpea salad.
- Season 18 Episode 20: Linguine With Clams, Two Ways -- Linguine al Vongole, Due Maniere
Spaghetti and clams with whole wheat pasta in white sauce; clams in red sauce.
- Season 18 Episode 19: Fresh Puddings -- Buddini Freschi
Banana pudding; ricotta pudding.
- Season 18 Episode 18: Healthy Salads -- Insalate Sane
Tri-color cauliflower salad; anise-flavored fennel, carrot, apple and parmesan cheese salad; mixed greens with citrus salad.
- Season 18 Episode 17: Cooking Live With Sal Scognamilla
Panettone bread pudding; ricotta cheese-filled zeppole.
- Season 18 Episode 16: Dinner Is Ready -- La Cena e Pronta
Scallops with oven-roasted vegetables is prepared in less than 20 minutes.
- Season 18 Episode 15: Delicious Kiwi -- Kiwi Delizioso
Puffy meringues with kiwi filling; fresh fruit medley; kiwi sauce for ice cream.
- Season 18 Episode 14: Gourmet Meat Dishes -- Carne di Buongustaio
Pistachio-dusted pork chops; stuffed flank steak with olives and cheese.
- Season 18 Episode 13: A Gift of Risotto -- Un Regallodi Risotto
Asparagus risotto; tomato and wine risotto.
- Season 18 Episode 12: Sicilian Meatballs -- Purpetit Sicilianii
Meatballs with fontina cheese; Sicilian meatballs topped with a tangy tomato sauce.
- Season 18 Episode 11: Polenta Party -- Festa di Polenta
Layered cornmeal pie with mushrooms and sausage; polenta and vegetable casserole.
- Season 18 Episode 10: Escarole Rules! -- Scarola Governa!
Escarole and ricotta calzones; stuffed escarole; crunchy escarole salad.
- Season 18 Episode 9: Almond Cookies -- Biscotti di Mandorle
Crunchy, spicy Dutch almond thins; thin almond macaroons.
- Season 18 Episode 8: Happy Birthday -- Buon Compleanno
Bitter chocolate cake flavored with amaretto cookies; sponge cake.
- Season 18 Episode 7: Glorious Shrimp -- Gamberi Gloriosi
Cooked shrimp served with seafood sauce spiked with horseradish; shrimp and tomato basil pasta.
- Season 18 Episode 6: Cooking Live With Roberto Donna
Street food includes little oranges and ricotta-filled deep fried calzones.
- Season 18 Episode 5: Calamari -- Squid
Deep-fried buttermilk calimari with hot pepper sauce; shrimp, calamari and crabmeat topped off wit a piquant seafood sauce.
- Season 18 Episode 4: Organic Chicken -- Pollame Organico
Chicken Marengo; rice, cheese and pepper-filled chicken pot pie with vegetables.
- Season 18 Episode 3: Crab Cakes -- Tortine al Granchio
Baked crab cakes wrapped with zucchini strips; little crab cakes with panko crumbs.
- Season 18 Episode 2: Fantastic Green Beans: Fagiolini Fantastici
Green beans with walnut pesto; marinated green beans; leek-and-almond casserole; roasted green beans with sesame seeds.
- Season 18 Episode 1: Garlic for Health: Aglio per la Salute
Garlic potato soup; garlic bread; pasta with garlic and olive oil.
Ciao Italia!: Season 17 (2007)
- Season 17 Episode 26: Marzipane -- Marzipan
Apricot marzipan tart; almond cookies; almond paste; coconut macaroons.
- Season 17 Episode 25: Ciao Italia Cooking Live With Martin Yan
Italian and Chinese stir-fry recipes.
- Season 17 Episode 24: Maiale Saporita -- Tasty Pork
Skillet breaded pork chops with rosemary; pork sausage with potatoes and zucchini.
- Season 17 Episode 23: Panini Assortiti alla Griglia -- Grilled Sandwiches
Whole grain bread with olive paste, provolone and sopressata; panettone raisin bread with Mascarpone and chocolate; brunch panini with peaches.
- Season 17 Episode 22: Cappesante a Piacere -- Scallops as You Like Them
Scallops with Swiss chard and polenta; crispy fried scallops with fennel slaw topped with roast pepper and garlic aioli.
- Season 17 Episode 21: Festigiamo a Buffalo -- Let's Party in Buffalo
Grilled mozzarella sandwich; pecorino cheese and cherry tomato spiedini; summer squash roll-ups.
- Season 17 Episode 20: Lasagne Pigre -- Lazy Lasagna
Basil and tomato sauce; no-bake lasagna noodles; skillet lasagna with artichokes and cheese.
- Season 17 Episode 19: Una Frutta Fantasia -- Fruit Fantasy
Skillet pears with Mascarpone cheese; baked apples with dried figs and honey; kiwi mint sauce.
- Season 17 Episode 18: Ciao Italia Cooking Live With Daisy Martinez
Upside down stuffed peppers; spicy stuffed poblano pepper.
- Season 17 Episode 17: In Cucina con la Mamma -- In the Kitchen With Mom
Homemade pasta topped with walnut sauce; broccoli salad; nut roll.
- Season 17 Episode 16: Meringhe -- Meringues
Lemon curd meringue cake features a tart lemon filling between two wafer-crisp meringue layers; puffy meringues.
- Season 17 Episode 15: Cavolini de Bruxelles -- Brussels Sprouts
Penne with Brussels sprouts and green beans; roasted Brussels sprouts with cheese and almonds; lemon sauce.
- Season 17 Episode 14: Dolce Celeste -- Heavenly Desserts
Struffoli, deep-fried, honey-coated sweet dough balls; deep-fried, sugar-dusted Cenci.
- Season 17 Episode 13: Mangiare e Piselli -- Eat Peas
Cream of pea soup with potatoes and pancetta; pea soup with salted ricotta cheese; peas with mint.
- Season 17 Episode 12: Cena di Domenica: Sunday Dinner
Beef short ribs with rigatoni; lamb casserole; rigatoni with broccoli rape.
- Season 17 Episode 11: Funghi: Mushrooms
Mushroom soup; mushroom meatballs; mushroom sauce for pasta.
- Season 17 Episode 10: Insalate d'Estate: Summer Salads
Farro salad; broccoli and cauliflower salad; eggplant and sun-dried tomato salad; celery and tuna salad.
- Season 17 Episode 9: Due Casseruole Classiche: Two Classic Casseroles
Origins of chicken Tetrazzini; Valpelline soup; Trevi Fountain in Rome.
- Season 17 Episode 8: Ciao Italia Cooking Live With Sara Moulton
Eggplant timballi with tomato sauce; French toasted mozzarella and prosciutto sandwich; grilled radicchio.
- Season 17 Episode 7: Pasta alla Nonna: Grandmother's Pasta
Making cheese-filled ravioli by hand; spicy sausage and tomato sauce.
- Season 17 Episode 6: Gli Studenti in Cucina: Students in the Kitchen
Apple fig pie; dried cherry and mango open face pie; pasta frolla dough; little bears made from sweet dough.
- Season 17 Episode 5: Pasta Ripiena: Stuffed Pasta
Large stuffed shells; stuffed sleeves with cooked ham.
- Season 17 Episode 4: Le Torte Cioccolate: Chocolate Cakes
Chocolate walnut cake is a dense cake with a pudding-like texture topped with cream and walnut sauce.
- Season 17 Episode 3: Zuppe in Dieci Minuti: Ten-Minute Soups
Chicken vegetable soup; carrot and lemon soup; pastina and egg soup; zucchini soup with cheese and eggs.
- Season 17 Episode 2: Formaggi e Vini Favoriti: Favorite Cheeses and Wines
Pairing wine with recipes featuring cheese; farfalle pasta with Asiago cheese; artichokes with parmigiano reggiano topped with provolone balls.
- Season 17 Episode 1: Pizza per Salute: Healthy Pizza
Portsmouth Flatbread Company's signature pizza; pizza with escarole, olive and mozzarella cheese; 'Four Seasons' pizza.
Ciao Italia!: Season 16 (2006)
- Season 16 Episode 26: Pizza Pugliese: Pizza Pugliese-Style
Escarole pizza; radicchio pizza.
- Season 16 Episode 25: A Tavola con la Famiglia: At Table With the Family
Roast suckling pig; penne arrabbiata; broccoli rape; caprese salad; cannoli.
- Season 16 Episode 24: Altamura, la Citta del Pane: Altamura, the City of Bread
A tour of the DiGesu family's bakery where they make the dome-shaped Altamura loaf and other breads in a 100-year-old wood-fired oven.
- Season 16 Episode 23: Parmigiano-Reggiano!
Potato and sweet potato pie; parmigiano gelato served with antipasto; Caesar salad.
- Season 16 Episode 22: Cavatelli
Sauces for homemade cavatelli include shrimp and arugula sauce and grated zucchini sauce.
- Season 16 Episode 21: Aiutami!: Help!
Crock pot round steak; scallop chowder; nectarines stuffed with mascarpone and walnuts.
- Season 16 Episode 20: Rice to the Occasion
Mint-flavored rice with chicken; Milanese risotto; rice and vegetable pie.
- Season 16 Episode 19: Panini dall'Orto: Sandwiches From the Garden
Basil and chicken wrap; radicchio wrap with tiny shrimp; zucchini club; grilled tomato and cheese sandwich.
- Season 16 Episode 18: Formaggi Pugliesi: Pugliese Cheeses
Eggplant molds with ricotta salata; involtini with Parmigiano Reggiano; homemade cavatelli; ricotta with honey and almonds.
- Season 16 Episode 17: La Cena Secondo Lina: Lina's Dinner
Two antipasti; crunchy, deep-fried onions; fried peppers; two kinds of pasta with sauce; leg of lamb; potatoes with lamb chops; ricotta tart.
- Season 16 Episode 16: Gardiniera: Pickled Vegetables
Mixed garden vegetables with peppers, cauliflower, carrots, pearl onions and green beans; chicken cutlet with pickled mushrooms.
- Season 16 Episode 15: Fichi Freschi, Fichi Secchi: Fresh Figs, Dried Figs
Dried fig and pear tart; figs in wine with cooked cream.
- Season 16 Episode 14: Lungomare: By the Seaside
Salmon in paper with black ink spaghetti; octopus; potato salad; pan-roasted lobster.
- Season 16 Episode 13: Orecchiette: Little Ears
Orecchiette with broccoli rabe; orecchiette with cauliflower.
- Season 16 Episode 12: Infornando con Olio di Oliva: Baking With Olive Oil
Cornmeal and dried fruit cake; scented geranium cake; prune and cherry roll.
- Season 16 Episode 11: Mandorle!: Almonds!
Almond lemon torta with strawberries; almond paste cheesecake topped with apricots; how to cut the perfect slice.
- Season 16 Episode 10: Peperoni!: Peppers!
Bruschetta with fried peppers; roasted red pepper salad; pepper molds with ricotta cheese; pepper wedges baked in the oven.
- Season 16 Episode 9: Cucinando in Puglia: Cooking in Puglia
Baby squid in spicy tomato broth; dried fava bean puree with rape; chickpeas with fettuccine; stuffed dried figs.
- Season 16 Episode 8: Parmigiane: Cheese Casseroles
Zucchini casserole with mozzarella; eggplant casserole layered with tomato sauce and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Season 16 Episode 7: Secondi Rapidi: Fast Main Courses
Beefsteak with tomato sauce and oven-roasted pork tenderloin with balsamic and blackberry reduction.
- Season 16 Episode 6: Cucinando con Vino Rosso: Cooking With Red Wine
Penne with wine; chicken with olives; wine cake.
- Season 16 Episode 5: Sulla Griglia: On the Grill
Stuffed littleneck clams; fresh cod in tomato sauce; grilled potato planks; grilled peaches.
- Season 16 Episode 4: Pomodori e Pomodorini: Tomatoes and Little Tomatoes
Thick Pugliese focaccia; pan cooked chicken with dried tomatoes; roasted fennel and cherry tomato sauce over pasta.
- Season 16 Episode 3: Patate!: Potatoes!
Harvest potatoes; Neapolitan potato pie; crisp and crunchy potato croquettes.
- Season 16 Episode 2: Come Fare Pesce Facile: How to Make Easy Fish
Tuna steaks with tomato relish; stuffed fish with nuts and spinach; scallope seviche.
- Season 16 Episode 1: Piatti Classici Pugliesi: Classic Pugliese Dishes
Vegetable casserole; oven-baked macaroni; mussel casserole; stuffed peaches.
Ciao Italia!: Season 15 (2005)
- Season 15 Episode 26: Dolci Freddi: Cold Desserts
Semifreddo di limone with blueberry sauce; gelato ice cream cake with a cookie-crumb crust.
- Season 15 Episode 25: Pomodori per Salute!: Tomatoes for Your Health!
Skilled roasted plum tomatoes; cherry tomatoes with leeks, sugar and thyme; green beans in tomato sauce.
- Season 15 Episode 24: Cucina Molisana: Authentic Molise Cooking
Antipasti dish with meat, cheese and olives; homemade pasta; slow-cooked pork ribs.
- Season 15 Episode 23: Antipasti Pronti: Quick Antipasti
Bruschetta with ricotta and sweet and hot soppresatta; mozzarella and prosciutto meatball kabob; smoked duck.
- Season 15 Episode 22: Luscious Leftovers
Potato and prosciutto frittata; Neapolitan potato and tomato pie; chicken cutlet and rapini sandwiches.
- Season 15 Episode 21: Biscotti Napolitani; Neapolitan Cookies
Chocolate-coated mostaccioli; almond biscotti; bagel-like shaped rings called roccoco.
- Season 15 Episode 20: Zuppe ed Insalate: Soup and Salads
Zucchini soup with cheese and eggs; fennel, radicchio and mozzarella salad; pasta and egg soup with spinach.
- Season 15 Episode 19: Cucinare per Fine Settimana: Cooking for the Weekend
Oven-roasted chicken and roasted potatoes; sliced oranges with minced garlic; bread pudding.
- Season 15 Episode 18: Festa di Frittata: Omelet Party
Three frittatas featuring onion and sweet pepper, asparagus and potato; spaghetti omelet without eggs.
- Season 15 Episode 17: L'Orto di Gaetano: Guy's Garden
Insalate caprese; grilled pepper salad with mozzarella and provolone; veggie medley salad.
- Season 15 Episode 16: Cucinando Con il Vino: Cooking With Wine
Braised lamb with sweet peppers cooked in wine; potatoes and peppers; crisp salad with mozarella di bufala.
- Season 15 Episode 15: Salsa Napolitano: Neapolitan Sauces
A spicy arrabbiata sauce; uncooked sauce; tomato basil sauce; pasta and Neapolitan meat sauce; garlic and olive oil sauce.
- Season 15 Episode 14: Le Verdure Primavera: Spring Vegetables
A crunchy bruschetta topped with orange marmellatta and lardo; springtime soup of wild greens; torta filled with cocoa, ricotta, eggplant and lemon marmelata.
- Season 15 Episode 13: La Pasta Rapida per Pizza: Fast Pizzas
Broccoli roll filled with mozzarella and provolone cheese; calzone stuffed with broccoli, prosciutto, olives and Asiago cheese.
- Season 15 Episode 12: Antipasti di Pesce: Fish Antipasti
Marinated fish salad; mixed marinated fish salad; tuna combined with artichokes and chickpeas.
- Season 15 Episode 11: Pizza Casalinga: Homemade Pizza
Pizza Margherita; escarole pizza; pizza Napoletana; pizza con patate, con broccol and con tonno.
- Season 15 Episode 10: La Cena Facile per Gli Ospiti: Easy Meals for Guests
Quick chicken cacciatore; mascarpone cheesecake.
- Season 15 Episode 9: La Cena per Domenica: Sunday Dinner
Orrechiette coated with ragu Beneventano sauce; stuffed meat rolls.
- Season 15 Episode 8: Frutta Fantasia: Fruit Fantasy
Baked apples with figs; figs with wine; compote of apricots; nectarines over gelato.
- Season 15 Episode 7: Zuppa e Panino: Soup and Sandwiches
Chicken soup; salami and cheese on ciabatta bread; peppers, artichoke and olive sandwich.
- Season 15 Episode 6: Una Passione per Pasta: A Passion for Pasta
Schiafoni with asparagus and cream; tomato-based sauce for fusillone.
- Season 15 Episode 5: Formaggi e Vini del Sud: Wines and Cheeses of the South
Sweet yellow peppers stuffed with Caciocavallo cheese and rice; antipasto; ricotta with marmalade.
- Season 15 Episode 4: La Duchessa in Cucina: The Duchess in the Kitchen
Antipasto of tomato and prosciutto; farfalle pasta with pesto and tomato sauce; grilled chicken with balsamic sauce.
- Season 15 Episode 3: Pesce Perfetto: Perfect Fish
Conch salad; mussels and shrimp tart; breaded fish with cheese and almonds.
- Season 15 Episode 2: Taralli
A sweet and savory treat sometimes called Italian pretzels.
- Season 15 Episode 1: Cicatelli e Fusilli: Handmade Pastas
Two chefs prepare unique homemade, handmade pastas and tomato sauces.
Ciao Italia!: Season 14 (2004)
- Season 14 Episode 26: Le Rose per la Cuoca: Roses for the Cook
The chef's reward for an elegant four-course dinner turns out to be iced sweet-dough roses baked as a bouquet.
- Season 14 Episode 25: Galeti, Zaleti, Gialetti
Emilia-Romagna's abundant fruits include peaches and kiwis; cooked peach and ice cream dessert; a specialty roll for breakfast or with wine.
- Season 14 Episode 24: Torrone!
Scialo Brothers Bakery in Providence, R.I., makes torrone, a nut-filled nougat treat.
- Season 14 Episode 23: Facciamo Tortine: Let's Make Little Tarts
In Bologna, Italy, Mary Ann visits Atti's pastry shop; little egg-and-prosciutto quiches; custard, fruit and glazed tarts.
- Season 14 Episode 22: Un Viaggio all'Enoteca: Visiting a Wine Museum
Dozza, Italy, wine museum; Lambrusco-infused ziti dish; sumptuous pudding-filled dessert.
- Season 14 Episode 21: Il Pranzino: Little Meal
Veal 'suitcases'; baked zucchini with bread crumbs; fruit with ice cream.
- Season 14 Episode 20: Il Segreto Dell'Aceto Balsamico: Secret of Balsamic Vinegar
Modena's balsamic vinegar; apple-filled crepes with tart droplets.
- Season 14 Episode 19: Cucina Rapida: Fast Food
Antonelli's Poultry in Providence, R.I.; Bolognese chicken and turkey breasts with different cheeses.
- Season 14 Episode 18: Pasta Classica: Classic Pasta
Filling and shaping cappelletti; making garganelli, a beautiful ridged pasta to hold asparagus with cream sauce.
- Season 14 Episode 17: Vorreste Burro?: Would You Like Some Butter?
Vermont Butter and Cheese Co.; moist apple/raisin cake; torta degli addobbi, rice dessert.
- Season 14 Episode 16: Come Si Fa Pasta: How Do You Make Pasta
Making pasta; spinach lasagna; 'hay and straw' with sausage sauce; taglierini.
- Season 14 Episode 15: Due Torte Squisite: Two Sweet Tarts
Torta al taglierini, a pastry-noodle-topped chocolate cake; torta neri con le noci, chocolate cake with nuts.
- Season 14 Episode 14: Mangiamo Cappellacci: Let's Eat Cappellacci
Mama's Pasta Co. in Providence, R.I., makes tortellini and ravioli.
- Season 14 Episode 13: Pampepato: Pepper Bread
Ferrara, Italy, boasts an ultraspicy, dense and mouth-watering sweet-dough bread.
- Season 14 Episode 12: Borlenghi
Bologna's Tamburini market offers meats from prosciutto di Parma to speck.
- Season 14 Episode 11: Cucinare con Aceto Balsamico: Cooking With Balsamic Vinegar
In Modena, Italy, Maryann's friend Beatrice prepares an onion omelet and salad with Parmesan cheese, with balsamic vinegar.
- Season 14 Episode 10: Dall'Emilia Romagna al Boston: From Emilia Romagna to Boston
Bill Bradley of Boston's Rustic Kitchen creates antipasti and a four-course meal.
- Season 14 Episode 9: Prosciutto di Parma
Mary Ann goes to Parma, Italy, to learn the secret of air-cured ham, prosciutto.
- Season 14 Episode 8: Brasato: Slow-Cooked Meat
Mary Ann prepares two great slow-cooked recipes, osso buco and brassato.
- Season 14 Episode 7: Cucina Ebraica di Ferrara: Jewish Cooking of Ferrara
During the Spanish Inquisition, the D'Este family creates a sanctuary for persecuted Jews in Ferrera, Italy.
- Season 14 Episode 6: La Cena Emiliana: Supper Emilia Style
In Reggio Emilia, friends dine on risotto and maiale al latte, and cioccolato.
- Season 14 Episode 5: Lasagne Alla Bolognese
The cooks at Bologna's specialty store Tamburini prepare lasagna every day.
- Season 14 Episode 4: L'Orto di Gaetano: Guy's Garden
Insalata balsamico, fresh lettuce salad with balsamic vinegar.
- Season 14 Episode 3: Le Torte di Verdure: Vegetable Tarts
Food for a chilly night, tarts made of vegetables.
- Season 14 Episode 2: Parmigiano Reggiano!
Mary Ann goes to Parma, home of cheeses.
- Season 14 Episode 1: Bologna la Grassa: Bologna the Fat
Asparagus and prosciutto sandwiches in Bologna.
Ciao Italia!: Season 13 (2003)
- Season 13 Episode 26: Panforte di Sienna: Siena's Strong Bread
- Season 13 Episode 25: Cucinando al fresco: Cooking al Fresco
Penne and peas; grilled fish stuffed with fennel; grilled eggplant; green bean salad; pastry creme and fruit.
- Season 13 Episode 24: Cucinare con il Vino: Cooking With Wine
Hand-rolled pasta; venison stew.
- Season 13 Episode 23: Biscotti per Te: Cookies for You
- Season 13 Episode 22: Tonno in Scatola: Tuna in a Can
Tomatoes stuffed with tuna; tuna, potato and caper salad.
- Season 13 Episode 21: Dolci Toscani: Tuscan Treats
Rice cakes; powdered-sugar strips.
- Season 13 Episode 20: Vini e Formaggi Toscani: Tuscan Wines and Cheeses
Pecorino cheese in olive oil; pecorino cheese salad.
- Season 13 Episode 19: Pesce in Umido: Fish Stew
Fish stew with swordfish, shrimp, scallops, monkfish and squid.
- Season 13 Episode 18: Gnocchi di Damiano: Damiano's Gnocchi
Potato gnocchi; spinach and ricotta cheese gnocchi.
- Season 13 Episode 17: Mele per la Salute: Apples for Health
Apples with raspberry sauce; fried apples; apple cake.
- Season 13 Episode 16: Porri: Leeks
Leek tart; cream of leek soup.
- Season 13 Episode 15: Ribollita!
Tuscan soups; onion soup.
- Season 13 Episode 14: Polpettine Della Nonna: Grandmother's Meatballs
- Season 13 Episode 13: EPISODE: 196
Spinach; peas; zucchini tart.
- Season 13 Episode 12: L'Ora Della Merenda: Snack Time
Flatbread; rosemary-currant rolls; fried-dough bites.
- Season 13 Episode 11: Carne di Maiale: Pork
Rolled pork roast; pan-fried potatoes; sweet pork sausage with grapes.
- Season 13 Episode 10: Insalate dell'Orto: Salads From the Garden
Lettuces; bread-filled salad; mixed green salad; green tomato salad.
- Season 13 Episode 9: Erbe Toscane: Tuscan Herbs
Stuffed chicken with lemon; risotto with asparagus.
- Season 13 Episode 8: Cucinare in Fattoria: Farm Cooking
Traditional Italian farming methods; farro salad; chicken breasts with white wine; chocolate cookies.
- Season 13 Episode 7: Pane Toscano: Tuscan Bread
Tuscan bread; crostini; chicken liver and sage; olive tuna fish; caper.
- Season 13 Episode 6: Zuppe Classiche Toscane: Classic Tuscan Soups
Tomato soup; creamy yellow pepper soup.
- Season 13 Episode 5: La Cena Toscana: Tuscan Supper
Hot and spicy chicken; vegetable medley.
- Season 13 Episode 4: Buccellato di Lucca: Buccellato Cake
Rolls; flat breads; slipper breads; sweet-dough buccellato.
- Season 13 Episode 3: Pasta Casalingo: Homemade Pasta
Wild boar stew; homemade pasta; pappardelle with mushrooms.
- Season 13 Episode 2: Schiacciata: Flat Bread
Double-crusted flat bread with grapes; Florentine flat cake.
- Season 13 Episode 1: Mangiafagioli!: Eat Beans!
Florence, Italy; pasta and beans; topping made with escarole.
Ciao Italia!: Season 12 (2002)
- Season 12 Episode 26: Antipasti Umbri
Antipasto; meat, cheese and vegetable shopping.
- Season 12 Episode 25: Torcolo de San Costanzo
Sweet bread; bread with citron, raisin and anise.
- Season 12 Episode 24: Torta di Frutta Fresca
Fresh fruit tart.
- Season 12 Episode 23: Facciamo le Spese
Alimentari; dried kidney beans; lentils; creme contadina; minestra di lenticchie e riso.
- Season 12 Episode 22: Frittatina di Verdure
Vegetable garden; vegetable frittata.
- Season 12 Episode 21: Tartufi Neri
Spaghetti with black truffles; veal and strawberries.
- Season 12 Episode 20: Ciambella all'Anice
Ciambella, a ring-shaped bread, baked in honor of St. Joseph.
- Season 12 Episode 19: Pesce di Lago Trasimeno
Fisherman; eels; carp in fennel sauce; fish stew.
- Season 12 Episode 18: Festa dei Ceri
Cheese bread; oldest festival in Italy;
- Season 12 Episode 17: Vini di Montefalco
Winery; veal scallops; Umbrian ragout; ziti.
- Season 12 Episode 16: Torta al Testo
Prosciutto; Romano cheese; spinach; flat bread.
- Season 12 Episode 15: Spiedo Misto
Guinea hen; grilled poultry and pork.
- Season 12 Episode 14: La Domenica in Italia
- Season 12 Episode 13: Terrina di Verza
Cabbage leaves stuffed with meat.
- Season 12 Episode 12: Cioccolato!
Chocolate spumone; cinnamon-stewed pears.
- Season 12 Episode 11: Biscotti Umbri
Almond crescent cookies; anise ring biscuits.
- Season 12 Episode 10: Le Verdure Fresche
Spaghetti with asparagus tips; grilled eggplant; green sauce; scafatta.
- Season 12 Episode 9: Ciaramicola
- Season 12 Episode 8: Spiedini Umbri
Meat rolls; veal scallops with capers.
- Season 12 Episode 7: Gnochi di Zucca Gialla
Gnocchi with prunes; squash gnocchi.
- Season 12 Episode 6: Parmigiano di Cipolla
- Season 12 Episode 5: Cucinando all'Eugubina
Gubbio, Italy; rabbit; fried chicken.
- Season 12 Episode 4: Serpentone
Serpentone filled with raisins, walnuts, figs, prunes and apples wrapped in sweet bread dough.
- Season 12 Episode 3: Fagioli e Lenticchie
Chickpea and farro salad; farro soup.
- Season 12 Episode 2: Maiale dell'Umbria
Pork chops; pork scaloppine in green sauce.
- Season 12 Episode 1: Tortine al Cioccolato
Olive oil producer Fabio Ciri; chocolate cupcakes.
Ciao Italia!: Season 11 (2001)
- Season 11 Episode 26: La Festa dell' Antipasti
Antipasto; liver pate; stuffed peppers; endive; wine.
- Season 11 Episode 25: Focaccia Rustica
- Season 11 Episode 24: Pastiera Napoletana
Neapolitan rice pie.
- Season 11 Episode 23: Biscotti Perfetti
Meringue and almond cookies; Tuscan cookie.
- Season 11 Episode 22: Pizze? Si!
- Season 11 Episode 21: Zuppe per l'Inverno
Beef and vegetable soup; tomato, leek and rice soup.
- Season 11 Episode 20: Vorrebbe un Biscotto?
Italian-style cookies; nut squares.
- Season 11 Episode 19: Gelato e Sorbetto
Gelato; sorbet; peaches; lavender sprigs; chamomile tea.
- Season 11 Episode 18: Insalate per Tutti
Radicchio salad; sauteed pancetta; balsamic vinegar; zucchini salad; Romaine lettuce salad.
- Season 11 Episode 17: Pollo Saporito
Chicken; juniper berries; balsamic vinegar.
- Season 11 Episode 16: Semifreddo
- Season 11 Episode 15: Insalate con le Frutte
Walnut-coated goat cheese salad; cantaloupe; endive salad with oranges.
- Season 11 Episode 14: Gorgonzola!
Pizza; toasted bread rounds; cheese.
- Season 11 Episode 13: Pinza e Bussol
Venetian cake: cookies.
- Season 11 Episode 12: Erbazzone di Mara
Swiss chard pie.
- Season 11 Episode 11: Mangia Pasta
Pasta; leeks; baked penne; fettuccine.
- Season 11 Episode 10: Carcofi, Carcofi
Baked artichokes stuffed with pork.
- Season 11 Episode 9: Pandolce di Ezzelino
- Season 11 Episode 8: Cucinare con le Frutte
Stewed capon; grape sauce; grilled pork; waffle.
- Season 11 Episode 7: Sartu
Rice casserole; tomato sauce.
- Season 11 Episode 6: Panini, Panini e Piu
Breads, meats and cheeses for sandwiches.
- Season 11 Episode 5: Peposo
Beef stew; pears.
- Season 11 Episode 4: Dolci alle Frutte
Apricots; cherry tarts.
- Season 11 Episode 3: Mangiare Come un Napoleatano
Zucchini; cod; potato casserole.
- Season 11 Episode 2: Pane di Fichi Secchi
Bread filled with dried figs.
- Season 11 Episode 1: Zupp di Succa Alla Venezianna
Butternut squash soup; baked trout.
Ciao Italia!: Season 10 (2000)
- Season 10 Episode 13: Tough Meat, Tender Meat
Meat; lamb; veal; marinades.
- Season 10 Episode 12: All Kinds of Gnocchi
Gnocchi; tomato sauce.
- Season 10 Episode 11: Tasty Tomatoes
Tomatoes; tomato-bread salad.
- Season 10 Episode 10: Cooking With Cooked Ham
Baked ham; ham-pea soup; lentils.
- Season 10 Episode 9: Onions and Baby Onions
Stuffed onions; sweet-and-sour onions; caramelized onions; planting onions.
- Season 10 Episode 8: Amarena Cherry Roll
Pastry shop; cake; jellyroll; pistachio cream; cherry jam.
- Season 10 Episode 7: Salted Cod
Dried cod; farro; cod-cauliflower salad.
- Season 10 Episode 6: Green Vegetables
Fava beans; mustard greens; black olives; broccolini.
- Season 10 Episode 5: Spinach Mold
Souffle; dandelions; spinach; heavy cream; Parmesan cheese; yellow tomato sauce.
- Season 10 Episode 4: Mara's Rice Bomb
Toronto; molded rice; ham; culinary folklore.
- Season 10 Episode 3: Beautiful Eggplant
Eggplant; spaghetti; meatballs.
- Season 10 Episode 2: Stuffed Bread
Sandwiches; dough; peppers.
- Season 10 Episode 1: Mom's Whiskey Cake
Mary Ann Esposito's mother; chicken cacciatore; stuffed peppers; dessert.
Ciao Italia!: Season 9
- Season 9 Episode 13: Pasta With Fresh Cheese
Making cheese; pasta mold; rigatoni.
- Season 9 Episode 12: Fantastic Frittatas
- Season 9 Episode 11: Pasta From Puglia
Lamb; greens; Gorgonzola.
- Season 9 Episode 10: Pasta From Sicily
Spaghetti; whiting; rigatoni; cauliflower; casserole.
- Season 9 Episode 9: Trenette
Pesto sauce; potatoes; cheese.
- Season 9 Episode 8: Sweet Pasta
Pasta dessert; pasta cake; sweet ravioli.
- Season 9 Episode 7: Macaroni From Campania
Macaroni; spaghetti and clams; pizza.
- Season 9 Episode 6: Pasta From the Garden
Beets; roasted vegetables; white sauce.
- Season 9 Episode 5: Cannelloni With Herbs
Cannelloni; herbs; ricotta.
- Season 9 Episode 4: Special Pasta
Pasta without eggs; walnut sauce.
- Season 9 Episode 3: Tiny Pasta for Big Soups
How to use tiny pastas; three-squash soup with orzo.
- Season 9 Episode 2: Pasta From Calabria
Calabrian pasta; sauces.
- Season 9 Episode 1: Pasta From Sardinia
Fregola with clams, malloreddus served with sausage sauce.
Ciao Italia!: Season 8
- Season 8 Episode 13: Would You Like Pie or Cake
Dessert recipes including a fresh fruit tart and a crumbly cake from Mantua, Italy.
- Season 8 Episode 12: Dried Beans and More!
A hearty three-bean and mussel soup, a ring pasta and dried fava bean soup.
- Season 8 Episode 11: Cookies Without Egg Yolks
Two traditional Italian cookie recipes made without egg yolks.
- Season 8 Episode 10: Fresh and Tasty Salads
Fresh salads, including fruit, herb and carrot, and green beans with chickpeas.
- Season 8 Episode 9: One Potato, Two Potatoes
Three potato recipes, including baked croquettes and a pizza.
- Season 8 Episode 8: Country Picnic
Cauliflower frittata; asparagus; red pepper salad; carrot cakes.
- Season 8 Episode 7: Breads With Dried Fruit
Regional sweet breads from northern Italy and Sicily.
- Season 8 Episode 6: Long Live Olive Oil!
Olive oil; grilled bread; sole.
- Season 8 Episode 5: Smooth & Cold Desserts
Pomegranate and orange gelatin, citrus granita and ice cream.
- Season 8 Episode 4: White Wine, Red Wine
Braised beef in red wine, and chicken stuffed with spinach and Fontina cheese in a white wine sauce.
- Season 8 Episode 3: Let's Eat Pasta and Fish!
A classic Southern Italian clam and pasta dish; Sicilian-style preserved tuna is tossed with spaghetti.
- Season 8 Episode 2: Ravioli With Fresh Mushrooms
Ravioli with mushrooms.
- Season 8 Episode 1: Dinner on the Grill
Cooking on the grill.
Ciao Italia!: Season 7 (1996)
- Season 7 Episode 13: Traditional Filled Cookies
Italian cookies; filled cookies.
- Season 7 Episode 12: Aristocratic Pasta
Rare Italian cookbooks; molded pasta dishes.
- Season 7 Episode 11: Thanksgiving Dinner
Italian-style Thanksgiving; butterflied turkey breast; cranberry sauce; vegetables; fig/pear tart.
- Season 7 Episode 10: Rustic Summer Menu
Tuscan-style chicken; stuffed eggplant; amaretti/chocolate cake.
- Season 7 Episode 9: From the Garden
Stuffed tomatoes; zucchini/mint soup; baked fennel.
- Season 7 Episode 8: Quick Cooking
- Season 7 Episode 7: Bridal Luncheon
Cheese-filled beet pasta; potato-filled Swiss chard molds; herb-scented salmon.
- Season 7 Episode 6: Italian Snacks
Flavored bread sticks; potato fritters; olive pizzas.
- Season 7 Episode 5: Half Bread, Half Cake
Pandorato; panforto; holiday breads.
- Season 7 Episode 4: Vegetarian Buffet
Vegetable lasagna; pizza dough; tomatoes and zucchini.
- Season 7 Episode 3: Gifts From the Kitchen
Italian food gifts; almond crunch candy; raspberry/mint vinegar; thyme/peppercorn oil.
- Season 7 Episode 2: Happy Anniversary
Stuffed pork chops; prosciutto filling; zuppa inglese.
- Season 7 Episode 1: New Year's & Epiphany Menu
Italian New Year's Day and Epiphany meals; holiday breads.
Ciao Italia!: Season 6 (1994 - 1995)
- Season 6 Episode 13: Fresh, Quick Sauces
Uncooked tomato sauce; sun-dried tomato sauce; black olive sauce.
- Season 6 Episode 12: A Vegetarian Meal
Mushrooms; stuffed red peppers; fried zucchini.
- Season 6 Episode 11: All Rice
Rice dishes including a rice ball, an eggplant and rice casserole and rice cakes.
- Season 6 Episode 10: Cherries as You Like Them
Dried cherry cookies; cherry rolls.
- Season 6 Episode 9: A Winter Meal
Polenta with sage; rabbit; apple dessert.
- Season 6 Episode 8: Favorite Antipasti
Sausage antipasto; shrimp cocktail; rotolo di prosciutto.
- Season 6 Episode 7: Summer Desserts
Chocolate cake; amaretto cream pudding.
- Season 6 Episode 6: Cannelloni
Cannelloni with mushrooms.
- Season 6 Episode 5: Special Pizzas
Stuffed pizza; potato pizza.
- Season 6 Episode 4: A Visit to the Fish Market
Shrimp with linguine; baked squid and scallops; Venetian marinated sole.
- Season 6 Episode 3: Holiday Breads
Dove-shaped bread; bread's origins.
- Season 6 Episode 2: Let's Make Soup!
Onion soup; spinach and zucchini soup.
- Season 6 Episode 1: A Pugliese Meal
Tomato antipasto; lamb flambe; dried figs.
Ciao Italia!: Season 5 (1994)
- Season 5 Episode 13: Everything From Almonds
Almond orchard; almond cookies; sweet-dough bread with almond paste.
- Season 5 Episode 12: Harvest Time
Summer tart; marinated pumpkin recipe.
- Season 5 Episode 11: Fried Foods
Panelle; potato fritter.
- Season 5 Episode 10: How Do You Make Cheese?
Sheep's milk ricotta; Parmesan cheese.
- Season 5 Episode 9: Homemade Soups
Asparagus soup; tomatoes and Swiss chard layered on bread.
- Season 5 Episode 8: Artichokes, Artichokes, Artichokes
Stewed artichokes; stuffed artichokes; deep-fried artichokes.
- Season 5 Episode 7: Two Exquisite Desserts
Chocolate mascarpone cake; frozen dessert with Italian nougat.
- Season 5 Episode 6: Wide Pasta
Pasta without egg yolks; veal ragu.
- Season 5 Episode 5: Marchigiani Food
Seafood stew; Marchigiani bread.
- Season 5 Episode 4: Sicilian Bread
Spinach and pine nut pie; Sicilian pizza; olive bread.
- Season 5 Episode 3: Tasty Escarole
Torta filled with escarole; stuffed escarole; escarole soup.
- Season 5 Episode 2: Mom's Cookies
Wedding cookie tree; biscotti; cream-filled tarts.
- Season 5 Episode 1: A Sicilian Meal
Pasta with sardines; swordfish.
Ciao Italia!: Season 4 (1992 - 1993)
- Season 4 Episode 13: Home-Style Pizza
Stone-oven pizzeria; pizzas.
- Season 4 Episode 12: Mom's Food
Macaroni and beef casserole.
- Season 4 Episode 11: Bolognese Tart
Fruit tart with figs.
- Season 4 Episode 10: Beans and Lentils
Pasta/bean stew; sausage/lentil dish.
- Season 4 Episode 9: Musical Macaroni
Macaroni with dough, tomato and lamb.
- Season 4 Episode 8: Mixed Grill
A cookout featuring three grilled meats, a chilled rice salad and a molded cream dessert.
- Season 4 Episode 7: The Great Pie
Italian casserole with pork sausage, leeks and herbs.
- Season 4 Episode 6: Nothing for Supper
Dinner from leftovers.
- Season 4 Episode 5: Flat Breads
Schiacciate with several toppings.
- Season 4 Episode 4: Grandmother's Eggs
Fried dough-wrapped eggs with tomato sauce.
- Season 4 Episode 3: Dumplings
Potato and pumpkin gnocchi; dumplings.
- Season 4 Episode 2: Two Caponatas
Sweet-and-sour Sicilian antipasto.
- Season 4 Episode 1: Fried Pennette
Pasta with porcini mushroom sauce.
Ciao Italia!: Season 3
- Season 3 Episode 13: Bones of the Dead
Traditional Italian cookies.
- Season 3 Episode 12: Two Desserts With Honey
Honey-coated fried dough; taralli.
- Season 3 Episode 11: A Rolled, Stuffed Pasta
Pasta with spinach and cheese.
- Season 3 Episode 10: Patricia's Tirami Su
Dessert of ladyfingers, brandy, cheese, cocoa.
- Season 3 Episode 9: Bread on a Stone
After making a rustic bread without an oven, Mary Ann prepares a spinach, cheese and prosciutto sandwich.
- Season 3 Episode 8: Fresh Vegetables
Zucchini, peppers, fennel, squash.
- Season 3 Episode 7: Eels of Trasimeno
A dessert from almonds and egg whites.
- Season 3 Episode 6: An Umbrian Dinner
A 70-pound pork roast; marinade.
- Season 3 Episode 5: Recipes of the Mind
Pepper rolls; pumpkin bread.
- Season 3 Episode 4: Little Bears
Bread bears with bows and raisin eyes.
- Season 3 Episode 3: Mary Ann's Lasagna
Lasagna with eggplant and fresh pasta.
- Season 3 Episode 2: Polenta Party
A sandwich, lasagna and stew from polenta.
- Season 3 Episode 1: Genoa-Style Minestrone
Ciao Italia!: Season 2
- Season 2 Episode 13: Fruit Desserts
Pears with wine and liqueur; torte.
- Season 2 Episode 12: Rustic Tuscan Bread
Mary Ann makes Tuscan bread and then uses it to prepare panzanella.
- Season 2 Episode 11: Homemade Soups
Chicken broth soups with pasta.
- Season 2 Episode 10: Classic Timballo
An eggplant 'cake' stuffed with pasta, cheese, tomato sauce and meatballs.
- Season 2 Episode 9: Milanese Panettone
Holiday bread baked in a flower shape.
- Season 2 Episode 8: Dishes With Wine
Chicken and rabbit in white wine; marinated beef.
- Season 2 Episode 7: Salads Italian Style
Spinach salad; Italian potato salad.
- Season 2 Episode 6: Fruit of the Sea
Seafood salad; baked stuffed squid.
- Season 2 Episode 5: Fresh Vegetable Dishes
Stuffed tomatoes and potatoes.
- Season 2 Episode 4: Quick Dishes
Mary Ann prepares a fritatta using eggs, cheese, seasonings and spaghetti.
- Season 2 Episode 3: Wedding Cookies
Biscotti with almonds and anise; pizzelle.
- Season 2 Episode 2: Crepes With Four Cheeses
Crespelli with Italian cheeses.
- Season 2 Episode 1: Flavored Pasta
Coloring and flavoring pasta; tomato-cream sauce.
Ciao Italia!: Season 1
- Season 1 Episode 13: Italian Picnic
Pitas; marinated carrots; rigatoni.
- Season 1 Episode 12: Gnocchi North & South
Semolina gnocchi and potato gnocchi.
- Season 1 Episode 11: From Guy's Garden
Preserving tomatoes, eggplant and fennel.
- Season 1 Episode 10: Sausage, Peppers & Porcini
Homemade sausage and a side dish of sweet peppers and porcini mushrooms.
- Season 1 Episode 9: Dishes With Garlic
Garlic recipes including beef braciole and stuffed artichokes.
- Season 1 Episode 8: Milanese Veal
Preparing Milanese-style veal marsala and risotto.
- Season 1 Episode 7: I Dolci (Sweet Italian Pastries)
Preparing Italian pastries, including cannoli and sfogliatelle.
- Season 1 Episode 6: Nonna's Chicken
Mary Ann shares her grandmother's chicken recipe; stuffed zucchini blossoms.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Classic Bean Dishes
Bean recipes including 'Marriage Soup' and Tuscan beans.
- Season 1 Episode 4: Ravioli With Lobster
Lobster-stuffed ravioli with red pepper sauce.
- Season 1 Episode 3: One Dough, Many Uses
Turning bread dough into pizza, broccoli and pepperoni rolls, bread sticks.
- Season 1 Episode 2: Elegant Antipasto
Antipasto recipes including bruschetta and eggplant with melted cheese.
- Season 1 Episode 1: Quick, Fresh Sauces
Mary Ann Esposito prepares tomato sauce, basil pesto, a cheese and cream sauce.