Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 13 (2013)
- Season 13 Episode 6: Cruising the Adriatic Sea
The ancient route of the Venetian traders, from Venice to Montenegro; cruising to Turkey, Malta and Sicily; cruise ship tour.
- Season 13 Episode 5: Luzern for Fun and Profit
The Swiss city of Lucerne; Rosengart Museum's collection of works by Picasso.
- Season 13 Episode 4: Siena and Assisi, Italy
The Basilica of St. Francis and the paintings of Giotto; the church in Siena; wines of Tuscany.
- Season 13 Episode 3: What's Cooking in Rome?
The Colosseum; the Pantheon; best places for pizza and ice cream; private tours of the Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel.
- Season 13 Episode 2: Florence, Italy
A tour of Florence, Italy, includes the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum; how product placement influenced the artworks of the Renaissance.
- Season 13 Episode 1: Venice, Italy
A water taxi ride through the canals of Venice, Italy; Basilica of San Marco; the Doge's Palace; Bell Tower.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 12 (2012)
- Season 12 Episode 8: The Great Rivers of France: Lyon to Arles
The ancient city of Lyon; winemakers of Beaujolais; the Pope's Palace in Avignon; locations in Arles that inspired Van Gogh.
- Season 12 Episode 7: The Great Rivers of Europe: Melk to Budapest
The Wachau Valley; Melk Abbey; music and pastry in Vienna; a tour of Budapest.
- Season 12 Episode 6: The Great Rivers of Europe: Nuremberg to Linz
The 900-year-old Imperial Castle in Nuremberg; open farmers market and spice cookie shop; ancient Roman fort; cruising through Danube Gorge to Weltenburg Abbey; Linzertorte.
- Season 12 Episode 5: Artcops
- Season 12 Episode 4: The Great Rivers of Europe: Cochem to Luxembourg
Cruising along the Moselle River with stops in Cochem and Bernkastel-Kues in Mosel wine region; tour of Luxembourg; cooking with Léa Linster.
- Season 12 Episode 3: The Great Rivers of Europe: Cologne to Zell
A museum dedicated to mechanical musical instruments; Lorelei Rock; the city of Zell.
- Season 12 Episode 2: Cruising the Rivers of Europe: Amsterdam to Cologne
Amsterdam; museum dedicated to women's handbags; sailing along the Rhine to Cologne.
- Season 12 Episode 1: Atlantic Crossing
The history of trans-Atlantic passenger ships.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 11 (2011)
- Season 11 Episode 8: Connecting the Dots in America
Burt Wolf travels across the U.S. talking to entrepreneurs who have helped make the nation economically stronger.
- Season 11 Episode 7: Taiwan -- A Sense of Place
Taiwanese-Americans include an Internet billionaire, Hollywood director, and a man who builds 6 million bicycles each year.
- Season 11 Episode 6: Taiwan -- A Sense of Place
Taiwanese-Americans include an Internet billionaire, a Hollywood director, and a man who builds 6 million bicycles each year.
- Season 11 Episode 5: What Are They Eating in the Photograph
Famous photographs that depict eating and drinking include Halsman's photo of Marilyn Monroe with a hamburger at a drive-in.
- Season 11 Episode 4: German Immigration to the U.S.
More than 60 million Americans consider themselves of German descent.
- Season 11 Episode 3: Burt Wolf's Family Vacation
A family trip to Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, and Leukerbad, Switzerland.
- Season 11 Episode 2: Touring Ireland
The trails of St. Patrick; history of Guinness; Dublin's architecture.
- Season 11 Episode 1: Luzern, Switzerland
Mount Pilatus; Lion Monument honors Swiss Guards; Chapel Bridge.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 10 (2010)
- Season 10 Episode 10: Springfield, Illinois
A ride on Route 66; origins of the corn dog, filled doughnut, horseshoe sandwich, root beer and Abraham Lincoln's favorite cake.
- Season 10 Episode 9: San Francisco, California
San Francisco's unique history, love of opulence and appreciation of good food.
- Season 10 Episode 8: Belgium
Brussels; Antwerp, Belgium; beer and food.
- Season 10 Episode 7: Miami, Florida
Local flavors and art galleries in Miami.
- Season 10 Episode 6: Basque Region, Spain
Museum in Bilbao, Spain; the fastest game in the world in San Sebastian; Basque cooking.
- Season 10 Episode 5: Napa Valley, California
California is the nation's leading dairy state; winemaker; ancient process for making barrels.
- Season 10 Episode 4: Chicago, Illinois
Ethnic foods of Chicago; Second City's food joke; House of Blues.
- Season 10 Episode 3: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The largest collection of outdoor murals; Masonic temple; Philadelphia's traditional foods.
- Season 10 Episode 2: New York City
New York's architectural heritage, from the tip of the island to Central Park.
- Season 10 Episode 1: Great Hotels of the World
Burt Wolf's favorite hotels in Switzerland and Germany.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 9 (2009)
- Season 9 Episode 10: Great Hotels of the World
Burt Wolf showcases his favorite hotels.
- Season 9 Episode 9: Cayman Islands
Touring Cayman Islands; the history of scuba diving.
- Season 9 Episode 8: Cruising Provence
Cruising along the French Riviera and Provence, a region filled with ancient ruins and 2,000-year-old towns; sites where Van Gogh painted.
- Season 9 Episode 7: The Grand Bahamas
A tour of the Grand Bahamas, where Columbus first arrived in the Americas.
- Season 9 Episode 6: Cruising the Netherlands
Norbertine Abbey in Middleburg in Holland; Keukenhof Gardens, the world's largest outdoor exhibition of flowers.
- Season 9 Episode 5: Gateway to Scotland
Edinburgh's Old Town; there are approximately 100 different producers of Scotch whisky in Scotland.
- Season 9 Episode 4: Cruising France
A wine auction in Beaune; a 700-year-old hospital; Chateau de Cormatin in Tournus; Lyon, the birthplace of modern French cuisine.
- Season 9 Episode 3: Cruising the Rhine
The Rhine starts in the Swiss Alps and flows 865 miles through six European countries; Cologne's chocolate museum; the Rhine Gorge.
- Season 9 Episode 2: Islands of Bermuda
The islands of Bermuda resulted from a volcanic eruption 70 million years ago; the Royal Dockyards; aquarium.
- Season 9 Episode 1: Cruising Holland and Belgium
A cruise begins in Amsterdam; Schoonhaven is famous for its silver jewelry; windmills in Dordrecht; Antwerp; Brussels.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 8 (2008)
- Season 8 Episode 10: Immigrating to America
Immigration created social difficulties but also proved that diversity is a source of strength for the United States.
- Season 8 Episode 9: Immigrating to America
Each year, the United States grants permanent residency to more immigrants than all other nations combined.
- Season 8 Episode 8: Hong Kong
Hong Kong's Chinese music, art, theater and food.
- Season 8 Episode 7: Alaska
A tour of Alaska's Red Onion Saloon; the White Pass; Yukon Railroad; 1,500 square miles of ice cap.
- Season 8 Episode 6: Holland
Windmills; Holland's trading empire; Vincent van Gogh Museum; canal tour; Amsterdam's street foods.
- Season 8 Episode 5: What's Cooking in Switzerland
Switzerland's mountainous region called the Valais is one of its great cheese producing regions, and is deemed the largest wine producing area of Switzerland.
- Season 8 Episode 4: Rome, Italy
Rome's international fashion houses, tailors, jewelry makers and restaurants.
- Season 8 Episode 3: Going Platinum
Most of the Crown Jewels of England and the world's most valuable diamond, the Hope Diamond, are set in platinum.
- Season 8 Episode 2: Milan, Italy
Milan is the financial and commercial center of Italy; a 16th-century Italian palazzo filled with objects from the Renaissance.
- Season 8 Episode 1: Cruising the Danube
A cruise down the Danube River, with stops in Bratislava, Vienna, Dürnstein, Melk, Grein, Linz and Passau.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 7 (2006)
- Season 7 Episode 10: Taiwan, a Sense of Place
Three people who have come to the U.S. from Taiwan explain why they came.
- Season 7 Episode 9: Taiwan, a Sense of Place
Three people who have come to the United States from Taiwan explain why they came to America.
- Season 7 Episode 8: A Tuscan Harvest, Italy
The fall harvest at a vineyard south of Siena, Italy; a gastronomic tour of Tuscany.
- Season 7 Episode 7: St. Gallen, Switzerland
St. Gallen, Switzerland, celebrates its 1,000-year history as an innovative center for textiles; clothing designers and fashion exhibits.
- Season 7 Episode 6: Hamburg, Germany
A musical tour of the 1960s in Hamburg, Germany; the Sunday morning fish market party; Montblanc factory.
- Season 7 Episode 5: Aachen, Germany
Charlemagne made Aachen, Germany, the center of his kingdom during the 8th century; ancient fountains; spice cookies.
- Season 7 Episode 4: Cologne, Germany
A 1,000-year-old cathedral; Cologne's traditional foods and drinks; chocolate museum; cruise on the Rhine River.
- Season 7 Episode 3: Vatican City
A tour of Vatican City includes St. Peter's Basilica, St. Peter's tomb, the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican's 500-year-old mosaic studio.
- Season 7 Episode 2: Christmas in Vienna, Austria
A tour of Vienna's Christmas markets; inside the castle of the Habsburg family; the foods of Christmas and their meanings.Tomorrow at 10:30am EDT - WFPT (PBS)
- Season 7 Episode 1: Santa Fe, New Mexico
A helicopter tour of the Southwest; the oldest church in the U.S.; Loretto Chapel's magic staircase; Bandelier National Monument.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 6 (2006)
- Season 6 Episode 10: Chimayo, New Mexico
A small adobe sanctuary known as the 'Lourdes of America' in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains is considered magical by some.
- Season 6 Episode 9: Stamp Collecting, China
The history of stamp collecting; most popular and most valuable stamps; forgeries; why China encourages stamp collecting.
- Season 6 Episode 8: Assisi, Italy
The life of St. Francis and the founding of the Franciscan order; sites sacred to St. Clare; art in the Basilica of St. Francis; Nativity scene.
- Season 6 Episode 7: Siena, Italy
The narrow winding streets and ancient buildings of Siena, Italy; the history of St. Catherine and St. Bernardino.
- Season 6 Episode 6: Santiago de Compostela, Spain
A 1,000-year-old cathedral; world's oldest travel guide; Hospital of the Kings of Spain; a jeweler who works in jet.
- Season 6 Episode 5: The Pilgrimage Road to Santiago, Spain
The pilgrimage road across northern Spain to Santiago is home to art and architecture of the Middle Ages.
- Season 6 Episode 4: The Abbeys of Austria
The abbey at Klosterneuburg has housed Augustinian clergy for 900 years; Melk is founded as a Roman garrison.
- Season 6 Episode 3: The Lands of St. Patrick, Ireland
St. Patrick; pilgrimage sites of Lough Derg and Croagh Patrick; diaries of ancient monks chronicle Vikings' attacks.
- Season 6 Episode 2: Dublin, Ireland
Dublin's Viking history; Guinness brewery; origin of 'Guinness World Records'; the ancient 'Book of Kells.'
- Season 6 Episode 1: Atlantic City, New Jersey
The history of Atlantic City; America's first official lifeguard service; invention of saltwater taffy; invention of the sub sandwich.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 5 (2005)
- Season 5 Episode 10: The Shrine at Lourdes, France
Touring the churches of Lourdes, France, the site for healing miracles.
- Season 5 Episode 9: Krakow, Poland
Touring the Jewish quarter of Krakow, Poland, founded in the 14th century.
- Season 5 Episode 8: Southwestern, France
Touring Toulouse; the largest Romanesque Church in Europe; a group of 35,000-year-old cave paintings.
- Season 5 Episode 7: The Shrine at Czestochowa
A 15th century library; the Vietnam Memorial, the Alamo, Civil War battlefields and Abraham Lincoln's birthplace.
- Season 5 Episode 6: The Future of Shopping
Shopping on the Internet; a man whose Internet business sells one car a minute; eBay President Meg Whitman.
- Season 5 Episode 5: The History and Science of Shopping
The history of shopping from its beginnings in 17th-century London to New York's Fifth Avenue.
- Season 5 Episode 4: Mexico City
Story of Juan Diego and the patron saint of Mexico; Holy Week processions.
- Season 5 Episode 3: Taipei
Chef L.F. Huang; tea.
- Season 5 Episode 2: The Shrine of Guadalupe
A tour of the National Shrine in Washington, D.C.; feast day of the patron saint of the Americas; history of tequila.
- Season 5 Episode 1: Taiwan
Night markets; shopping in Taipei; martial arts at the Mei-Men Qigong cultural center.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 4 (2003)
- Season 4 Episode 6: Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
Switzerland's Jungfrau region; Lake Thun; railroad; research station studies the Earth's atmosphere; waterfall.
- Season 4 Episode 5: Eastern Switzerland
Switzerland; abbey; embroidery; couturiers; Greek statue's history; dulcimers; democracy.
- Season 4 Episode 4: Yucatan, Mexico
Exploring Mayan ruins on the Yucatan peninsula, including Uxmal, the intellectual and cultural center of the Maya.
- Season 4 Episode 3: Winter in Valais, Switzerland
Valais, Switzerland; snowboarding; Glacier Patrol; curling; dog sledding; Dalai Lama's vineyard; train ride.
- Season 4 Episode 2: Winter in Lake Geneva Region, Switzerland
Lake Geneva, Switzerland; balloon trip; skiing for the disabled; paragliding; castle museum.
- Season 4 Episode 1: Boston, Massachusetts
Boston; historic sites; first Dunkin' Donuts shop; warship; highway construction project; lobster.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 3
- Season 3 Episode 15: Graubuenden, Switzerland
Switzerland; predicting avalanches; train trip; yodeling; Swiss National Park.
- Season 3 Episode 14: The Matterhorn Region of Switzerland
Switzerland; alpine peaks; glaciers; railroad; mountain climbing; fighting cows; organ.
- Season 3 Episode 13: The Swiss Mittelland
Where, how and why Sherlock Holmes died; wool-covered pigs; why some Swiss farmers painted fake windows on their homes.
- Season 3 Episode 12: Northwestern Switzerland
Switzerland; divorce court; Roman kitchen; ferry; carnival; cookies sold in tins; paper; calligraphy.
- Season 3 Episode 11: Ticino, Switzerland
Ticino, Switzerland; helicopter tour; castles; church; railroad.
- Season 3 Episode 10: Geneva, Switzerland
Geneva, Switzerland; Protestant Reformation; watches; International Red Cross; paddle-wheel boat; fondue.
- Season 3 Episode 9: The Lake Geneva Region of Switzerland
Touring the Castle of Chillon and one of Europe's highest glaciers; a shop that makes Charlie Chaplin's shoes in chocolate.
- Season 3 Episode 8: U.S. Virgin Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands; St. Thomas; St. John; St. Croix; yachting; coral reef; virtual wedding.
- Season 3 Episode 7: Celebrating Christmas at Biltmore Estate
The Biltmore Estate in Ashville, N.C.; Christmas traditions; trees; ornaments; wrapping presents.
- Season 3 Episode 6: Getting Ready for Christmas at Biltmore Estate
The Biltmore Estate in Ashville, N.C.; Christmas preparations; Santa Claus; egg nog; wreaths; poinsettias.
- Season 3 Episode 5: Zurich Switzerland
Zurich, Switzerland; chocolate; restaurants; art; clock; scooter.
- Season 3 Episode 4: California's Gold Country
A tour of Old Sacramento; the only remaining rural Chinese village in the United States; the pony express.
- Season 3 Episode 3: Sonoma County
A tour of Sonoma County, including the redwood forest, the Russian River kayaking course and Jim Russell, NASCAR drivers school.
- Season 3 Episode 2: Sacramento, California
Ecologically advanced farming in Sacramento, Calif., and a tour of the state capital.
- Season 3 Episode 1: Oaxaca, Mexico
A tour of the ancient settlements of the Zapotecs of Mexico, including a look at their crafts and food.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 2
- Season 2 Episode 13: Ellis Island
How the immigrants who passed through Ellis Island changed U.S. culture and cuisine.
- Season 2 Episode 12: Manhattan
A tour and brief history of Manhattan, from the southern tip to Central Park.
- Season 2 Episode 11: Ottawa
How Ottawa has been shaped by English and French cultures.
- Season 2 Episode 10: Springfield
The farming country surrounding Abraham Lincoln's hometown of Springfield, Ill.
- Season 2 Episode 9: Philadelphia
The history of Philadelphia, from its founding as a Quaker haven to the birthplace of American democracy.
- Season 2 Episode 8: Miami
The excitement of Florida's most multicultural city, Miami.
- Season 2 Episode 7: Napa Valley
Enjoying life in the vineyard valleys of northern California.
- Season 2 Episode 6: Beaver Creek
Beaver Creek, Colo.; ski resort; snowshoeing; skiing.
- Season 2 Episode 5: San Francisco
How the traditions of San Francisco are rooted in its Gold Rush past.
- Season 2 Episode 4: Central Switzerland
Climbing the Swiss Alps to view a 500-year-old clock tower, learn about the Swiss army knife and dine on Swiss cuisine.
- Season 2 Episode 3: Twin Cities
Visiting Minnesota's Twin Cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul, to see the biggest mall in America and the Pillsbury Bake-Off.
- Season 2 Episode 2: Curacao
Traveling to the tropical island of Curacao to tour the Old World influences in Willemstad and swim near the coral reefs.
- Season 2 Episode 1: The Basque Country of Northern Spain
Taking in Basque culture in the cities of Bilbao and San Sebastian, Spain.
Burt Wolf: Travels & Traditions: Season 1
- Season 1 Episode 13: Trieste, Italy
Taking a coffee break in the Adriatic Sea town of Trieste, Italy.
- Season 1 Episode 12: Bermuda
The history, food and beachfront frolicking to be found in Bermuda.
- Season 1 Episode 11: Las Vegas
Feast of Saturn; Vegas strip; history of gaming; marriage and food.
- Season 1 Episode 10: The New Hong Kong
Contrasts in Hong Kong; jade; breakfast soup; dinner pancakes; monastery.
- Season 1 Episode 9: Naples, Florida
Swamp in Florida; the teddy bear; orchid; coconut cakes; zoo technology.
- Season 1 Episode 8: Richmond, Virginia
Touring historic Virginia to see the nation's oldest operational plantation and several of the Civil War's great battlefields.
- Season 1 Episode 7: Tampa Bay, Florida
Having fun at Florida's Busch Gardens; touring two old communities, one Cuban and one Italian, in Tampa Bay, Fla.
- Season 1 Episode 6: Trondheim, Norway
Viking exploration; strawberries in space; patron saint of Norway.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Asheville, North Carolina
The handmade crafts of the Blue Ridge Mountains; the largest private home in the United States; traditional folk dances.
- Season 1 Episode 4: Brussels, Belgium
Sampling unusual beers and Belgian foods in Brussels; the city of Antwerp.
- Season 1 Episode 3: Baja: The Sea of Cortez
The plants and animals that call the islands in the Sea of Cortez home.
- Season 1 Episode 2: Greater Miami & the Beaches
Wandering the Greater Miami area, including Little Havana and Coconut Grove.
- Season 1 Episode 1: Munich, Germany
Exploring Munich, Germany, to munch on Bavarian snacks, visit a popular beer garden and view an unusual palace.